A real, working, hoverboard :D

https://twitter.com/20hFrance2/statu...23843397029888

Came at the 14th July national day French parade.

Ok, it's going more like a military vehicle for now (the inventor is equiped with a gun for the prop), but fuck yeah, it's the most "working" hoverboard I've ever seen. The inventor is also planning to try some big travel on it to prove it's a reliable technology, it seems.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meh still just a man riding on a drone, not that it isn’t neat to see.
    I don’t see it being very effective for military use besides patrolling bases, since any poor bastard stuck on top of that thing would probably get sniped first.

Sounds like it's powered by a hair dryer, falling to my death or experiencing permanent disfigurement because it suddenly stops working doesn't sound particularly enjoyable to me.

10+ Year Old Account

I seem to remember footage like this from old Disney theme footage from the 70s showing men flying around in painted trash cans claiming it was genuine and the future, you could see the wires
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    I don’t see it being very effective for military use besides patrolling bases, since any poor bastard stuck on top of that thing would probably get sniped first.
    Yea, that'd be the first guy James Bond shoots and the mook would probably fall right into a shark tank or an open volcano.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by telygroar View Post

Ok, it's going more like a military vehicle for now (the inventor is equiped with a gun for the prop), but fuck yeah, it's the most "working" hoverboard I've ever seen. The inventor is also planning to try some big travel on it to prove it's a reliable technology, it seems.
    Jet packs have been around for ages but they use too much fuel. Is this different?

All i got from this is France had a military parade with tanks and other military stuff and no one cared...
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Yes, finally. Thanks Macron.
    Can't wait for his space military next year

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    All i got from this is France had a military parade with tanks and other military stuff and no one cared...
    It's done it's job perfectly in that no one is talking about Bastille day protests...

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Yes, finally. Thanks Macron.
    Can't wait for his space military next year
    wait france has a space military too? Yay we get to "fight" something with our Space Farce.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

That sound though.

I fail to see the practical use of such an item, but anything that's a step closer to ordinary people being able to hover is good in my book!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's fast. It's a small target. It has a solid range of movement. It's noisy AF. 3/4 ain't bad though. Not like military vehicles are particularly know for their quietness.

Now you just need to be able to control it without wasting one whole hand on a controller.

Also, this really reminds me of this guy:
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd bust my ass just trying to strap into that thing.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Think low level helicopter insertion without the need for helicopters. If they can be made to run quietly, the military implications are broad.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I loved the first tweet, "now the French army can run away more effectively"

And that's a big fat no!

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Think low level helicopter insertion without the need for helicopters. If they can be made to run quietly, the military implications are broad.
    They really aren't, yet. What would be the benefit of having a piece of equipment that can only insert a single soldier at a time? Anything larger than a squad element would be completely impractical. If you go the SpecOps route, which I'm sure you're referring to, you would have to leave soldiers behind just to guard the 100s of thousands of dollars worth of equipment that can't be carried with them on mission. Then what happens when you can't exfiltrate the same place you infiltrated? Just leave it all behind?
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by telygroar View Post
    https://twitter.com/20hFrance2/statu...23843397029888

There was a company snatched up by the US military some years back making advanced quad cycles for both manned and unmanned flight. We have yet to see them in action but it will replace all forms of travel for military in the next 10 years.