Page 1 of 29
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

2020-2021 NCAA Football: COVID edition

Welcome to the NCAA college football thread! It is a month until season starts, so time to open up a new thread!

Feel free to talk about anything specifically related to college football here.

AP Rankings:(will be listed after week 1)

For the newbies:

Power 5 conferences
    Big 12
    Big 10
    SEC
    ACC
    Pac 12

Non Power 5
    Sunbelt
    Mountain West
    Mid-American
    Conference USA
    AAC
    Independent schools (Notre Dame, BYU ect...)

Reminder: football vs handegg vs soccer is infractable. Pro vs college bashing is also not welcome here.
    Last edited by Crissi; 2019-07-15 at 09:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw ESPN hired Ryan Leaf as a commentator, should be interesting...
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Week 1 scores

Community ranking section

and draynay with the sneak in!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweet. New thread

Go Blue!

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    As mentioned by Crissi, I will be handling the week-to-week MMOC top 25 rankings.
    Essentially we will kind've mimic the AP poll when it comes to assigning points;
    team ranked 25 by a poster will only get one point, but a team ranked first by a poster will get 25 points. Feel free to use your own systems to determine your rankings, but BE SURE TO HAVE THEM IN BY MONDAY AT 11:00 AM MST EACH WEEK IF YOU ARE A VOTER ON THIS POLL!
    Last edited by Lilithvia; 2019-07-28 at 07:41 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Please start DMing me your votes for our preseason top 25.

5+ Year Old Account
    Utah picked to win the South by PAC-12 Media Poll.
    12/35 votes.
    Washington in second with 11.
    Oregon third with 9.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm just here to say fuck Miami, also know as The Fake U

10+ Year Old Account
    I know UCF didn't play anyone tonight but gahdamn. 62 on the board.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Clemson crushed Georgia Tech, although GT didn't really do themselves any favors.

the hottest of takes: Clemson rolls over everyone.

Tennessee about to go down to Georgia St. at home.

10+ Year Old Account
    Michigan taking the field against an actual cup cake. They have to eat it to win. Offensive line looks ready for the challenge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't that generous of Tennessee. Handing Georgia State almost a million bucks to come in and embarrass them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The cup cake is tough and dry, and Michigan is having a rough time swallowing it. They won't choke on it, but they look pretty damn sloppy.

Hopefully just first game rust, cause if this was an actual opponent they would have been in real trouble.

- - - Updated - - -

Michigan has extended the lead, but they look sloppy in all phases. If they play like this against Army next week they'll be in a world of trouble.

- - - Updated - - -

JFC Michigan has tried to jump the snap count all game and they've had like 5 off sides penalties called on them (not all accepted). Unbelievable that they keep doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty fun ending to the only worthwhile game of the day and down goes Oregon.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    It is really nice for Texas to not only win week 1, but to finally have a blowout over a team that we should be blowing out instead of playing them close. Sam Ehlinger is improving more and more.

Gameday for Texas vs LSU next week. That'll be fun.

Also, can we call UNC vs USC the ex Texas bowl? Both HCs are former Texas coaches, with Muschamp actually being Mack Brown's DC.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    The cup cake is tough and dry, and Michigan is having a rough time swallowing it. They won't choke on it, but they look pretty damn sloppy.

Hopefully just first game rust, cause if this was an actual opponent they would have been in real trouble.

- - - Updated - - -

Michigan has extended the lead, but they look sloppy in all phases. If they play like this against Army next week they'll be in a world of trouble.

- - - Updated - - -

JFC Michigan has tried to jump the snap count all game and they've had like 5 off sides penalties called on them (not all accepted). Unbelievable that they keep doing it.
    MTSU usually plays teams pretty well. Don't always win a ton of them but they can sneak up on teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    MTSU usually plays teams pretty well. Don't always win a ton of them but they can sneak up on teams.
    Their front 7 was pretty good, their O-line seemed pretty decent and their QB was no slouch. I also noticed that Michigan wasn't the only team getting scored on multiple times by similar opponents round the college ranks, so maybe I was just overly critical.

I'm not that well versed in which colleges are actually any good, beyond the big name Power 5 conference teams. MTSU won their Conference USA division last year, so they have been trending up past few years.

Still pretty sure that if Michigan plays as sloppy as they did yesterday against Army that they'll be in a lot of trouble. Army is a machine if it gets rolling.

5+ Year Old Account
    The MMOC weekly rankings have picked Clemson, Bama, Oklahoma, Georgia, Ohio State, Washington, Florida, Auburn, Texas A&M, and Utah as its top ten for week 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a pretty interesting bit. I like Orlovsky anyway, but the way he highlights Jalen Hurts here, they might be on to something here.

https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/sta...07966888251393

It more or less proves 2 things:

1) Lincoln Riley is brilliant, and he's going to only get better as more college students want to play for him. If he wants to he could be in the NFL next year and have his pick of the team he wants to run. I don't think he wants to though.

2) Jalen Hurts might be this year's Kyler Murray. Start the year out as a relative outsider for any kind of Heisman consideration or any kind of NFL future, and bursting onto the scene and running away with it.