Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ...
13
21
22
23
24
LastLast
  1. #441
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Clemson made some good adjustments for the second half.

    Did the network commercial us through Clemson's two-point-conversion? Or did I just miss it?

    And yeah, great game.

    - - - Updated - - -

    It feels like Clemson adjusted, but then LSU adjusted in game, like the first half, and is about to run away with it. We'll see - LSU's o-line has to get Burrow more protection. Clemson's defense is eating them alive in the early second half.
    Seems like it is just way too easy for LSU to score right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

  2. #442
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    25,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Seems like it is just way too easy for LSU to score right now.
    Indeed. And they've got Trevor locked down. I didn't even see that all of Clemson's TDs in the game are rushing. Interesting.
    No one is above the law!

  3. #443
    Clemson's corners are struggling, more concerned with being beat then they are playing the ball. Lawrence also is missing a lot of throws he normally makes, not sure if the pressure has gotten to him or what but he's definitely out of sorts.

    Still wondering how we haven't seen a holding call against the oline. Been a lot of blatant no calls on both teams, but letting them just play favors LSU since they seem to have the better dline.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Wooooow, that was a bad call. Pac-12 refs gonna P12 it up.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Well, that flag just ended the game and is going to be a huge talking point. It's one thing to miss calls, but they screwed that one up bad. Huge momentum swing.

  4. #444
    Yeah but I guess they had to get the shitty Pac12 in the playoff somehow. That score would have at least made this a little better game.

  5. #445
    Clemson doesn't seem like they can get a first down unless its a penalty.
    /s

  6. #446
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Clemson doesn't seem like they can get a first down unless its a penalty.
    To be fair, all of the flags thrown against LSU have been legitimate, and they've missed just as many more.

    That's not to say Clemson hasn't also benefited from that some, but these refs are bad even but P12 standards.

  7. #447
    So have we discussed the targeting rule yet? Because holy shit, the fact a player can get ejected like that is absurd. For everything great about college football, there are so many things it does to trip over it’s own feet consistently. This game is literally not going to end until 12:30 on the east coast.

  8. #448
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    So have we discussed the targeting rule yet? Because holy shit, the fact a player can get ejected like that is absurd. For everything great about college football, there are so many things it does to trip over it’s own feet consistently. This game is literally not going to end until 12:30 on the east coast.
    My biggest issue with targeting is that you almost always see someone get ejected for it while a player from the other team gets away with one in the same game.

  9. #449
    Targeting shouldn’t be an ejection. At the max they should have to sit a quarter.

  10. #450
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    25,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    Clemson's corners are struggling, more concerned with being beat then they are playing the ball. Lawrence also is missing a lot of throws he normally makes, not sure if the pressure has gotten to him or what but he's definitely out of sorts.

    Still wondering how we haven't seen a holding call against the oline. Been a lot of blatant no calls on both teams, but letting them just play favors LSU since they seem to have the better dline.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Wooooow, that was a bad call. Pac-12 refs gonna P12 it up.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Well, that flag just ended the game and is going to be a huge talking point. It's one thing to miss calls, but they screwed that one up bad. Huge momentum swing.
    What are you going on about some Pac-12 bad flag? 42-25, not really any way to say Clemson just lost.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Yeah but I guess they had to get the shitty Pac12 in the playoff somehow. That score would have at least made this a little better game.
    Spare me - the refs were great. Great game.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Clemson doesn't seem like they can get a first down unless its a penalty.
    Exactly - Clemson just fell apart in the end. LSU Was the better team, in almost every category.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    To be fair, all of the flags thrown against LSU have been legitimate, and they've missed just as many more.

    That's not to say Clemson hasn't also benefited from that some, but these refs are bad even but P12 standards.
    What's pathetic is blaming refs for a team that was outclassed.

    - - - Updated - - -

    The game wasn't close. Clemson lost to a better team. Trevor did seem off, which was odd - not a single passing TD from him.

    Were there close calls? Of course - it's football. Was there one potentially bad call? Yep - the Offensive PI on Clemson's TD. Right after the potentially bad missed PI call that went against LSU.

    Do bad calls lead to what would have been a 49-25 loss (LSU took the knee at the 5 yard line or so, could have easily scored another TD)? No, they do not. LSU was the better team in this game, and they proved it.

    Blaming it on the refs is just silly. And doing so makes you just look ridiculous.
    No one is above the law!

  11. #451
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    What are you going on about some Pac-12 bad flag? 42-25, not really any way to say Clemson just lost.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Spare me - the refs were great. Great game.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Exactly - Clemson just fell apart in the end. LSU Was the better team, in almost every category.

    - - - Updated - - -



    What's pathetic is blaming refs for a team that was outclassed.
    Show me where I said Clemson lost because of flags? I even twice mentioned how the Clemson players where getting beat by the LSU players in the post you quoted,

    That doesn't change the fact that the refs basically ignored holding by the oline for both teams, threw a backbreaking offense PI on what was clearly a defensive PI, missed a pretty obvious targeting call against LSU towards the end, and were just terrible all around.

    I'm not some homer complaining because I wanted Clemson to win, the people I watched the game with who don't even watch college ball outside of the championship game made the same comments. But this is unfortunately normal for P12 refs. At least you can't say the refs favor a team because the refs are so bad they screw both teams over.
    Last edited by Brubear; 2020-01-14 at 05:58 AM.

  12. #452
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    25,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    Show me where I said Clemson lost because of flags? I even twice mentioned how the Clemson players where getting beat by the LSU players in the post you quoted,

    That doesn't change the fact that the refs basically ignored holding by the oline for both teams, threw a backbreaking offense PI on what was clearly a defensive PI, missed a pretty obvious targeting call against LSU towards the end, and were just terrible all around.

    I'm not some homer complaining because I wanted Clemson to win, the people I watched the game with who don't even watch college balm ball outside of the championship made the same comments. But this is unfortunately normal for P12 refs. At least you can't say the refs favored a team because the refs are so bad they screw both teams over.
    And I disagree. They missed a couple of PI calls (because that never happens in football games ), decided to be generous with holding calls on both sides (which is precisely how it's supposed to work). The refs did a fantastic job on both sides. Tough calls where needed and moved decisively all around. I'm not sure why you didn't like "the refs" and I'm certain them coming from the Pac-12 has nothing to do with the calls themselves.

    Not sure where any of your completely illegitimate animosity is coming from, actually. Great game, good reffing. Fantastic finish to a great season.
    No one is above the law!

  13. #453
    You guys have fun with your conference agendas, I'll just be the only one happy because his team won.
    /s

  14. #454
    They have this guy on call disagreeing with a lot of the calls and you’re saying officiating wasn’t a problem

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Pereira

    :thinking


    I wasn’t for either team. I like both coaches. I just wanted a better game.

  15. #455
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Targeting shouldn’t be an ejection. At the max they should have to sit a quarter.
    It's better then the NFL where you get flagged for breathing on a player the wrong way even if there is no ejection. It's pretty clear and cut what targeting is, and since it's reviewable now it's very rarely subject to bad calls. Don't lead with the crown of your helmet and don't hit another player in their helmet, it's really not too much to ask for players. Especially when the alternative is a CTE future where football doesn't exist.

  16. #456
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's better then the NFL where you get flagged for breathing on a player the wrong way even if there is no ejection. It's pretty clear and cut what targeting is, and since it's reviewable now it's very rarely subject to bad calls. Don't lead with the crown of your helmet and don't hit another player in their helmet, it's really not too much to ask for players. Especially when the alternative is a CTE future where football doesn't exist.
    Not referring to the targeting call, but the pass interference call that cost Clemson a touchdown, which would have made the game a little closer. There were also a couple calls that got reversed because they called them incorrectly drawing the length of the game out, like the dropped catch by the Clemson RB.

    However targeting is still a little sketchy sometimes players can’t help leading with their helmet because of momentum.
    Last edited by muto; 2020-01-14 at 06:15 AM.

  17. #457
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    25,933
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    You guys have fun with your conference agendas, I'll just be the only one happy because his team won.
    I was rooting for LSU as well - only because they were playing Clemson. Man the Tigers were just phenomenal the entire year. Burrow was insane in the CFP final.
    No one is above the law!

  18. #458
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Not referring to the targeting call, but the pass interference call that cost Clemson a touchdown, which would have made the game a little closer. There were also a couple calls that got reversed because they called them incorrectly drawing the length of the game out, like the dropped catch by the Clemson RB.

    However targeting is still a little sketchy sometimes players can’t help leading with their helmet because of momentum.
    You absolutely can help leading with your helmet, hell I played LB in HS in the early 2000s when you where coached to lower your helmet it's not something that comes naturally. Rugby tackling is what is coached now mostly, and that actually is a natural way to tackle that never leads with your helmet. Some coaches just haven't caught up with the times, especially at the high school level and it leads to bad habits in these players.

  19. #459
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    25,933
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    They have this guy on call disagreeing with a lot of the calls and you’re saying officiating wasn’t a problem

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Pereira

    :thinking


    I wasn’t for either team. I like both coaches. I just wanted a better game.
    I mean, who the fuck cares Muto? You just have your little ref agenda and it's pathetic. Can you even link the guy you mentioned doing what you're claiming? /sad

    The game was great - a real shoot out opening set of drives, and then the better team pulled away. Good adjustments in the second half, Clemson just couldn't keep the offense going. Trevor seemed to be off in the second half, not sure why - that kid is going to take the Heisman next year.
    No one is above the law!

  20. #460
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I mean, who the fuck cares Muto? You just have your little ref agenda and it's pathetic. Can you even link the guy you mentioned doing what you're claiming? /sad

    The game was great - a real shoot out opening set of drives, and then the better team pulled away. Good adjustments in the second half, Clemson just couldn't keep the offense going. Trevor seemed to be off in the second half, not sure why - that kid is going to take the Heisman next year.
    Clemson doesn't pass the ball enough for Trevor to win the heisman. You can be almost certain there will be at minimum 3 QBs with way better stats then him regardless of actual talent.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •