Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    This guy is making a SOR argument in favor of Baylor getting screwed on their record. Even though Baylor hasn't hit any of the teams that give them that SOR ranking....
    Yeah... lets see Baylor actually run the table and lets talk about it then. I am not denying if they win out they should be in, but the odds of that happening are terrible.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    It is entirely possible. And then we would see Clemson/OSU/LSU/Georgia most likely. Since I can't imagine them taking one loss Alabama over the team that beat them, and is also only one loss.
    Bama homer detected. The elephant pen is that way sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want true chaos and Minnesota to beat OSU in the Big10 Championship.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    It is entirely possible. And then we would see Clemson/OSU/LSU/Georgia most likely. Since I can't imagine them taking one loss Alabama over the team that beat them, and is also only one loss. Of course all this depends on OSU winning out. If they don't, it gets really complicated. Because that leaves an awful lot of solid one loss teams and not enough seats. Which is the same problem every year. I would really like to see at least a 6 team CFP, and preferably 8.
    Yeah, if OSU loses then the whole thing is just a big crap-shoot.

I too would like to see the CFP expanded. I get an 8 team pool, how would a 6 team pool work? Numbers 3-6 play each other in a kind of abbreviated quarter final?
    Last edited by cubby; 2019-11-13 at 01:29 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I want true chaos and Minnesota to beat OSU in the Big10 Championship.
    I'd prefer if that happened after they acquired two losses

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, if OSU loses then the who thing is just a big crap-shoot.

I too would like to see the CFP expanded. I get an 8 team pool, how would a 6 team pool work? Numbers 3-6 play each other in a kind of abbreviated quarter final?
    Could do 2 games with 1-2 being on a bye, and then 2 games with two teams having been knocked out, and then a championship
    Last edited by plz delete account; 2019-11-23 at 08:20 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingForBlizzcon View Post
    Actually
    Baylor beating OU and then dropping two games would be the best way for the Pac-12 to not have to worry about the Big-12.
    That would certainly shut up any debate on the matter entirely. Although with Oregon/Utah's current rank above OU, the PAC12 champ shouldn't have to worry about OU shooting above. Assuming Baylor is as bad as we've seen them be this year and doesn't win out their games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, if OSU loses then the whole thing is just a big crap-shoot.

6 team CFP would give #1 and #2 a bye. Of course I am sensitive to the problems of asking teams that have been banged up so bad in the regular season to play an extra game. Any real CFP expansion would have to take place on Championship weekend, which means the conferences lose their biggest marquee events. So the logistics of even a 6 team expansion are pretty bad.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    6 team CFP would give #1 and #2 a bye. Of course I am sensitive to the problems of asking teams that have been banged up so bad in the regular season to play an extra game. Any real CFP expansion would have to take place on Championship weekend, which means the conferences lose their biggest marquee events. So the logistics of even a 6 team expansion are pretty bad.
    I see how that would play out - and it would be interesting, especially how the last few years we've seen too many one-loss teams.

Why couldn't they just push the games farther into December instead of taking away Championship weekend? Because I agree those are the conferences biggest events, and losing them would be bad. But it seems like you could have both the cake and eat it, too, so to speak.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see how that would play out - and it would be interesting, especially how the last few years we've seen too many one-loss teams.

Why couldn't they just push the games farther into December instead of taking away Championship weekend? Because I agree those are the conferences biggest events, and losing them would be bad. But it seems like you could have both the cake and eat it, too, so to speak.
    Well that pushes the championship teams into playing 16 games per year. That is an awful lot of damage on the bodies of football players that are not being in any way compensated for. In this case, the last three games are all going to be extremely hard with a lot at stake. It is a lot to ask from the players, especially when they need to graduate healthy to get any sort of compensation from their football careers. The Mid-December time slot makes it even tougher, as it is less time to prepare for the semi-finals, and a LOT less time to heal up before the last two games.

Power 5 champ conferences get in. Then the committee picks 3 for "at large berths". Then you draw names from a hat on who plays who.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Power 5 champ conferences get in. Then the committee picks 3 for "at large berths". Then you draw names from a hat on who plays who.
    I could see a 6/8-game CFP. Putting the champs in regardless seems a little beneficial to the ACC/BIG12, but ok. I would have to disagree with the name from a hat aspect, however.

5+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1194851600856051712

- - - Updated - - -

For those who are afraid to click links or watch unbiased sports reporting, its why the CFP is not "four best teams" despite its claims.
    Last edited by plz delete account; 2019-11-15 at 11:31 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1194851600856051712

- - - Updated - - -

For those who are afraid to click links or watch unbiased sports reporting, its why the CFP is not "four best teams" despite its claims.
    Well said. Alabama is riding the wave of "we were good before so keep putting us in". Bama lost at home, allowed almost 50 points, and all of that coming off a bye.

- - - Updated - - -

Bama up 14-0 three minutes into the first quarter. I think they might be a little pissed at dropping out of the top four. Hopefully they won't give up almost 50 points this time....
    Last edited by cubby; 2019-11-16 at 05:21 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Well said. Alabama is riding the wave of "we were good before so keep putting us in". Bama lost at home, allowed almost 50 points, and all of that coming off a bye.

- - - Updated - - -

Bama up 14-0 three minutes into the first quarter. I think they might be a little pissed at dropping out of the top four. Hopefully they won't give up almost 50 points this time....
    Of course they are putting up points, they aren't facing opposition

- - - Updated - - -

I guarantee you that Utah would have the best defense in the SEC, BIG-12, B10, or ACC.
    As it stands it has the best defense in the nation. Most pick-sixes forced, stingiest run defense, stingiest total defense, fewest points allowed, two shut outs forced already. Opponents on average scoring less than a TD per game.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Of course they are putting up points, they aren't facing opposition
    Lol, exactly. There is no doubt that Bama is a good team, but they don't get the assumed one-loss team berth into the CFP.

I guarantee you that Utah would have the best defense in the SEC, BIG-12, B10, or ACC.
    As it stands it has the best defense in the nation. Most pick-sixes forced, stingiest run defense, stingiest total defense, fewest points allowed, two shut outs forced already. Opponents on average scoring less than a TD per game.
    Agreed. The PAC12 Conf Champ game (if it's Oregon vs Utah) is going to be intense. Cannot wait (fingers crossed it happens). And I really want it to happen. Oregon will need a marquee win to make the one-loss CFP berth conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tua apparently is injured again. Guy has a lot of heart but he is doing himself no favors by developing an injury history by trying too hard.

Hope he'll be ok. Apparantly its a hip injury that looks pretty bad

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Tua apparently is injured again. Guy has a lot of heart but he is doing himself no favors by developing an injury history by trying too hard.

Damn - that guy is amazing. While I might push against Alabama's dominance this year, they certainly have some VERY talented people, Tua obviously being one of them. And hip - that shit doesn't heal very fast at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Bama having trouble scoring with Tua out. Did Tua play the entire 3rd quarter? Just a field goal?

10+ Year Old Account
    ALways nice to clobber Michigan State.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Apparently they're saying it's similar to the one that ended Bo Jackson's entire career.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Apparently they're saying it's similar to the one that ended Bo Jackson's entire career.
    Yikes, although from what I understand Bo's case was more from poor treatment of it, so Tua should hopefuly be ok since we've come a LONG way in medical treatment. Its absolutely a season ender though.