Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

general body development excercises at home

what general body development excercises can you recommend to do at home? preferably 45-60 min per session
    the idea is to engage as many muscle parts as possible

atm i do this:
    day A
    -jumping jacks
    -push-ups
    -squats
    -stepper cardio

day B
    -jumping jacks
    -planking
    -wallsit
    -stepper cardio
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

More abdominal work and back/lower back. Sit ups, leg raises, side planks etc

10+ Year Old Account
    So is the goal just overall body workout?

Not a huge fan of the jumping jacks as it's fairly high impact for not much result I don't feel.

Rows would be a good add I'd you have a place you can do them.

- - - Updated - - -

So is the goal just overall body workout?

Not a huge fan of the jumping jacks as it's fairly high impact for not much result I don't feel.

Rows would be a good add I'd you have a place you can do them.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

Put in a few Cycle Crunches and hip raises (with or without extended leg) maybe. So you have something abdominal and for the backside too^^

Always try to do 15 per set. There is no real need to do 1000s of crunches a day.

I also don't like jumping jacks. Not that good.

Get a pull-up bar to put on your door frame.

Buy some exercise bands. There's quite a few good exercises you can do with those.

Learn more core strengthening exercises besides planks. There are hundreds that you can do.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Highly recommend a basic farmers carry type exercise if you have room or weights. Essentially just pick up barbells or kettle bells and walk a route around the house for a certain number of laps. It is just a basic mobility exercise that is low impact, but really helps as you age.

Since none of your other exercises involve weights though, I am guessing you don't have any, you can replace it with just a good long walk outside, it is really good for you.

As far as the exercises you have there, I will echo what other said in getting rid of jumping jacks. They are just too high impact for limited effect, essentially all they do is jar your joints. Consider replacing them with a lower rep count of burpees, since you will want a high intensity cardio somewhere in those. Large rep counts of Burpees can be dangerous (Because your form gets bad) so they work great as transitions. Do 3-5 (Or 10 if you are already in good shape) between each set of other exercises. It keeps your heart rate elevated, and results in much higher rep counts then if you did them together.

for general exercies i could also recomend resistance bands - like :

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/training...d_8484821.html

they are super simple but you can do ton of exercises with them .

and for sceptics - tried them myself lately because i avoid gyms due to covid . - when you use the 35-45 kg or combine few you can do very very effective training sessions even as seasoned gym enthusiast.

There are many exercises you can do at home to build muscle and lose fat, here are some example of bodyweight exercises
    1) Plank hold for 30 seconds
    2) Push ups 4 sets of 10 reps
    3) Squats 4 sets of 10 reps
    4) Skipping rope 1000 it takes almost 10 minutes to complete with rest
    5) Wall sit hold for 30 seconds
    6) Backpack curl 3 sets of 8-10 reps (put books inside your backpack to increase weight )
    7) Mountain climbers

All the exercises you can do at home without any equipment.

Drop the jumping jacks, they're not worth the impact.

Not a expert when it comes to workout but if you do it this often, why not do something like Qigong as a warm up? Good thing to learn for the future. You use your breath and whole body. One could be Ba Duan Jin:

You can do it faster with a bit more power, should take around 10 min, it's a really good warm up and don't require much space. Just don't do the whole excercise relaxed instead a mix of relaxion and power and you'll see that it's quite taxing for your muscles. Like "Drawing the arrow" @2:30 you use full power and do the move slowly all the way to 2:58 then relax, repeat.

Could be a nice mix with that and normal workout excercises To alternate a little.
    Last edited by Zephire; 2020-08-25 at 02:50 PM.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

I do a quick 5 min warm-up at the beginning of every workout.
    And I suggest all of you to not spend all your week doing HIIT workouts or generally Aerobic workouts. In addition, too much cardio specifically can result in muscle wasting (atrophy), which is not the outcome you want.
    I work with dumbbells 4 days a week, and 1 or maybe 2 days cardio.
    So far, it's been great...

I like crossfit style of training. Like " Cindy"
    5 Pull-Ups, 10 Push-Ups, and 15 Air Squats.
    As many rounds as possible for 20 min.
    That's a fantastic workout!

It looks great and solid. I will definitely follow your method. But how long I have to continue this in order to build 'general body development'?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardo8 View Post
    It looks great and solid. I will definitely follow your method. But how long I have to continue this in order to build 'general body development'?
    General rule is 3 months before you see physical gains, given a responsible caloric surplus. You will see strength gains in a couple of weeks though.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

It's okey! Let me continue and see the results. Thanks!

thank you very much for the recommendations

If you can get some one to check your form, KB Swings are awesome.

To check your form, or at least improve hip mobility, do Chinese wall squats.

Farmer carries are useful.

If you aren't going to be using weights or anything I would just do yoga. DDP Yoga is pretty good for people with no interest in doing yoga in my opinion.

Pull ups are a must have for body weight / strength mastery; I would also throw in alternating reverse lunges as well.
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

I also don't like jumping jacks. Not that good.