Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Georgia's defense in crazy good. Auburn is really struggling.
    @WaitingForBlizzcon - for Oregon fans, who are we hoping wins today between Georgia and Auburn?

- - - Updated - - -

Tua out for the season with a dislocated hip.

- - - Updated - - -

Kind of sickening as an Oregon fan to root for Auburn. But here we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see Utah play Florida and see who has the better defense.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Florida? I thought Georgia had the best SEC defense....

Oh man, I'm SO glad Georgia's Def is so good. These coaches need to get their play calling on offense working or else they wont beat LSU, even with this great Def.

10+ Year Old Account
    That texas loss was a real heartbreaker, and it honestly should cost Tim Beck and Orlando their jobs. I still believe in Herman because I dont think last year was a fluke.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit - Baylor is kicking the hell out of OU. 28-3 in the second quarter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Holy shit - Baylor is kicking the hell out of OU. 28-3 in the second quarter.
    May they not Falcon this in the 2nd half.

but man, if they murder OU both here and in the championship game, now what do you do?

- - - Updated - - -

I think I jinxed it guys lol

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    May they not Falcon this in the 2nd half.

but man, if they murder OU both here and in the championship game, now what do you do?

- - - Updated - - -

I think I jinxed it guys lol
    Somewhere in this crazy mixed up world... Bill Belichick is smiling

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingForBlizzcon View Post
    Of course they are putting up points, they aren't facing opposition

- - - Updated - - -

I guarantee you that Utah would have the best defense in the SEC, BIG-12, B10, or ACC.
    As it stands it has the best defense in the nation. Most pick-sixes forced, stingiest run defense, stingiest total defense, fewest points allowed, two shut outs forced already. Opponents on average scoring less than a TD per game.
    LOL. Utah doesn’t play real competition in the PAC 12 outside Oregon and maybe Washington. Washington State only throws the ball cause Mike Leach, so not hard to plan for that and all the other teams are not that great. Stanford isn’t what it used to be and neither is USC. Utah would have around 2 or 3 losses in a better conference like the Big 10 or SEC. Hell I could see them losing to Iowa State or KSU in the Big 12 as well. Sure though put a PAC 12 team in the final so we can see them get exposed again.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    LOL. Utah doesn’t play real competition in the PAC 12 outside Oregon and maybe Washington. Washington State only throws the ball cause Mike Leach, so not hard to plan for that and all the other teams are not that great. Stanford isn’t what it used to be and neither is USC. Utah would have around 2 or 3 losses in a better conference like the Big 10 or SEC. Hell I could see them losing to Iowa State or KSU in the Big 12 as well. Sure though put a PAC 12 team in the final so we can see them get exposed again.
    No, Utah and Oregon would have at worst one loss. You're arguing they would be better in other conferences - you mean like the SEC? Where Georgia lost to South Carolina? That "tough" conference?

Granted LSU looks amazing. But so does Oregon and Utah (have you even looked at Utah's defense numbers?). LSU beat the shit out of Alabama. And the SEC is about to eat itself alive some more. So they will end up with one or two solid teams, just like the PAC12 and BIG10. The best match up of the year looks to be so far LSU vs Ohio State, with Clemson poking in and offering up their last year's title as evidence of continued greatness (but of course they aren't going to be challenged until the CFP semi-final game - so who knows?). Oregon and Utah can easily play with the big boys. Alabama scored 41 fucking points on LSU, so I don't want to hear about any super defense from any of the SEC teams.

Obviously we'll never see all the match-ups we'd like over any particular season, but to just blindly claim that this team would of course lose to that one is ridiculous in the extreme. You go on being blindly biased for teams and conferences without any data to back it up, and we'll keep having the adult conversation where results matter.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Georgia's defense in crazy good. Auburn is really struggling.
    @WaitingForBlizzcon - for Oregon fans, who are we hoping wins today between Georgia and Auburn?

- - - Updated - - -

Tua out for the season with a dislocated hip.

- - - Updated - - -

Kind of sickening as an Oregon fan to root for Auburn. But here we are.
    Late for this, but Auburn. Auburn winning makes Oregon look much better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Can we get two of these matchups?
    One between 2019 Utah-Florida and one between 2008 Utah-Florida?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Still waiting for you to show me where, why, and how Bama, Minnesota, Penn State, or Baylor should be ranked ahead of Utah

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Apparently they're saying it's similar to the one that ended Bo Jackson's entire career.
    From what I've heard, he only popped it out, and didn't pop it back in and fuck shit up like Bo did

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Late for this, but Auburn. Auburn winning makes Oregon look much better.
    Agreed. They sure tried at the end there, lol.

Some ESPN writers have Oregon making the 4th spot. Most have Georgia. At this point, until Georgia loses to LSU, it seems like a tossup between Georgia/Oregon/Utah/Alabama.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Agreed. They sure tried at the end there, lol.

Some ESPN writers have Oregon making the 4th spot. Most have Georgia. At this point, until Georgia loses to LSU, it seems like a tossup between Georgia/Oregon/Utah/Alabama.
    A couple ESPN writers have Utah making the 4th spot.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    A couple ESPN writers have Utah making the 4th spot.
    I think if Oregon and Utah win out and play each other in the PAC12 champ game, the winner will take the 4th spot. With Alabama losing Tua and hopefully Georgia losing their second game, Oregon/Utah will have the best case for the 4th spot in the CFP.

- - - Updated - - -

CFP Rankings are out for this week:

College Football Playoff Rankings
    1. LSU (10-0)
    2. Ohio State (10-0)
    3. Clemson (11-0)
    4. Georgia (9-1)
    5. Alabama (9-1)
    6. Oregon (9-1)
    7. Utah (9-1)
    8. Penn State (9-1)
    9. Oklahoma (9-1)
    10. Minnesota (9-1)
    11. Florida (9-2)
    12. Wisconsin (8-2)
    13. Michigan (8-2)
    14. Baylor (9-1)
    15. Auburn (7-3)
    16. Notre Dame (8-2)
    17. Iowa (7-3)
    18. Memphis (9-1)
    19. Cincinnati (9-1)
    20. Boise State (9-1)
    21. Oklahoma State (7-3)
    22. Iowa State (6-4)
    23. USC (7-4)
    24. Appalachian State (9-1)
    25. SMU (9-1)

5+ Year Old Account
    There we go @muto Utah's loss is quality AND they didn't drop 50 at home after a bye week. AND Oregon has more ranked wins.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ohio St currently falling apart in the second half against Penn State. Still in the lead, but OSU's Fields' has dropped the ball three times and Penn State is set to drive in the tying td.

@Lilithvia and @Crissi what are the implications for Ohio State losing to Penn State?

Ohio St currently falling apart in the second half against Penn State. Still in the lead, but OSU's Fields' has dropped the ball three times and Penn State is set to drive in the tying td.
    @Lilithvia and @Crissi what are the implications for Ohio State losing to Penn State?
    If OSU goes down in a close one, it opens the door for two B10 teams in the playoffs, and makes things a lot more complicated.

It also will make it even more likely that we'll eventually move to an 8-team playoff because we could very likely end with a 1-loss B10 champ and runner up, a 1-loss SEC champ and Alabama and 2-loss runner up, a 1-loss B12 champ, 1-loss P12 champ, and an undefeated ACC champ.

I don't see any way that situation wouldn't leave a bad taste in the mouth of a whole lot of fans since so many good teams will be left out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Likely the same thing Alabama losing to LSU does. Penn State and Ohio State are in the same division, so assuming Penn State wins out, they go into the conference championship vs whoever form the West. If they win THAT, then I cant see Penn State getting left out of the playoffs unless Minnesota (their loss) completely collapses.

If Penn state wins this, but then drops another game before the conference championship and Ohio State gets in, I think Ohio State would still get in to the playoffs just based on how much they beta down everyone else. Assuming Ohio State's loss here is a close one and now a 2 TD+ gap.

Of course, if the committee thinks a Tua-less Bama isnt good enough for the playoffs the other team from this game could sneak in the same way Bama did a few years ago. I think it needs more chaos for a Big10 team to be left out completely. The conference is simply too good.

- - - Updated - - -

oh, nvm. It appears Penn state's only game before the conference championship is Rutgers. AKA its a guaranteed win. Would be hillarious if they face Minnesota again in the Conf Champ and lose again.

5+ Year Old Account

Opens the door for 2 B10 teams, but it also brings the B10 that much closer to elimination. If Wisc, Minnesota, Penn St, and Ohio State all finish with two losses, the Pac-12 will have a much bigger shot at making it in then it already does.

10+ Year Old Account
    well that ended up being moot.