Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
  1. #341
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The pac-12 has been in the CFP one less time that the big 12. But it's adorable that you sit here and quote facts, when you yourself can't get them right.

    The bias against the PAC 12 is above, by muto, and affirmed by you. I'm just going by what you say. Objectively they're not as good why again? Because your feels tell you?
    Again you're wrong. The Big 12 has been in FOUR times. The Pac 12 twice. Before you say something stupid again let me leave this for you.

    CFP History:

    SEC- 6 times 2 Champions

    ACC-6 times 2 Champions

    Big10-4 times 1 Champion

    Big 12- 4 times

    Pac 12-2 times

    And if you don't believe me read it here. I don't deal in fantasy, I deal in reality. I base my opinions on factual evidence. Of the Power 5 conferences, the Pac 12 is the worst where it counts the most. Being relevant in the CFP.

    https://collegefootballplayoff.com/s...2/history.aspx

  2. #342
    The committee basically confirmed my thoughts on Wins vs Losses. Its better to have the loss vs an unranked and beat your ranked opponents. Losing to a ranked shows you cant get a big win, whereas a lose to unranked could just be a fluke or bad game. They still take a look at the losses but the rankings really do reflect the rewards for wins more.

  3. #343
    The Unstoppable Force cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    24,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    Again you're wrong. The Big 12 has been in FOUR times. The Pac 12 twice. Before you say something stupid again let me leave this for you.

    CFP History:

    SEC- 6 times 2 Champions

    ACC-6 times 2 Champions

    Big10-4 times 1 Champion

    Big 12- 4 times

    Pac 12-2 times

    And if you don't believe me read it here. I don't deal in fantasy, I deal in reality. I base my opinions on factual evidence. Of the Power 5 conferences, the Pac 12 is the worst where it counts the most. Being relevant in the CFP.

    https://collegefootballplayoff.com/s...2/history.aspx
    Using your link I only see three Big-12 appearances. All Oklahoma. I was using the wiki site for my info so I thought I missed one. Who was the fourth?

    I turned off my snarkiness setting, sorry about that.

    Of course I'm upset that Oregon didn't make it, but I don't think they got screwed. They dug their own grave by showing up for the ASU game in the fourth quarter.

    People trashing on the PAC12 without a lot of evidence just bothers me. Like someone saying above that USC is the only solid team, when that hasn't been true for 20+ years.
    No one is above the law!

  4. #344
    Moderator Crissi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    30,699
    oh, Texas plays Utah in Alamo. Instead of the dream of against Texas AM in Texas bowl. bunch of cowards! This isnt exciting at all.

  5. #345
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Using your link I only see three Big-12 appearances. All Oklahoma. I was using the wiki site for my info so I thought I missed one. Who was the fourth?

    I turned off my snarkiness setting, sorry about that.

    Of course I'm upset that Oregon didn't make it, but I don't think they got screwed. They dug their own grave by showing up for the ASU game in the fourth quarter.

    People trashing on the PAC12 without a lot of evidence just bothers me. Like someone saying above that USC is the only solid team, when that hasn't been true for 20+ years.
    Oklahoma this year. I included the CFP released this morning that's not shown on their site.

    I say USC is the only blue blood. That's not the same. Also it's been 10 years, not 20+

    They haven't been good since Pete Carroll was there it's true. I believe that a conference needs it's blue blood programs to be successful in order to garner more attention and respect. It also makes the other teams better.

    What's the Big 10 without Ohio St. and Michigan? SEC without Alabama? Big 12 without Texas and Oklahoma? ACC without ...well they don't have any true blue bloods lol. Clemson, Miami and Florida St. have had championship runs but none of them have the overall historical total wins, win percentage, all americans, Heisman winners etc that makes a team a blue blood. The Pac 12 has USC, considered one of the Top 10 football programs in college history. If they can get rolling again, the rest of the Pac 12 gets better.

    I want to add one thing. I don't hate on any conference. I love all college football. I think the better each conference is the better the product. I want big meaningful games. The only way to get that is for every conference to be good. I hope the Pac 12 gets better because it's better for college football. People start to tune out when it's the same 6 or so teams making the CFP every year.
    Last edited by Budong; Yesterday at 09:09 PM.

  6. #346
    The Unstoppable Force cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    24,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    Oklahoma this year. I included the CFP released this morning that's not shown on their site.

    I say USC is the only blue blood. That's not the same.

    They haven't been good since Pete Carroll was there it's true. I believe that a conference needs it's blue blood programs to be successful in order to garner more attention and respect. It also makes the other teams better.

    What's the Big 10 without Ohio St. and Michigan? SEC without Alabama? Big 12 without Texas and Oklahoma? ACC without ...well they don't have any true blue bloods lol. Clemson, Miami and Florida St. have had championship runs but none of them have the overall historical total wins, win percentage, all americans, Heisman winners etc that makes a team a blue blood. The Pac 12 has USC, considered one of the Top 10 football programs in college history. If they can get rolling again, the rest of the Pac 12 gets better.
    Well that's pretty fucking unfair, lol - j/k. Ok, good point, of course we should include this year.

    Interesting point about the Blueblood teams. Oregon has dominated the PAC 12 the last two decades, but certainly USC is the historic leader, with multiple championships and Heisman winners. I have to agree with you there.

    Lol re the ACC too. I would say if they had one it would be Miami.

    And apologies again for earlier. Muto is who that was really aimed at. Thought I should say it again, given we don't see that enough on the interwebs.
    No one is above the law!

  7. #347
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    oh, Texas plays Utah in Alamo. Instead of the dream of against Texas AM in Texas bowl. bunch of cowards! This isnt exciting at all.
    Will it be Oklahoma Aggies vs Cult Aggies?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Well that's pretty fucking unfair, lol - j/k. Ok, good point, of course we should include this year.

    Interesting point about the Blueblood teams. Oregon has dominated the PAC 12 the last two decades, but certainly USC is the historic leader, with multiple championships and Heisman winners. I have to agree with you there.

    Lol re the ACC too. I would say if they had one it would be Miami.

    And apologies again for earlier. Muto is who that was really aimed at. Thought I should say it again, given we don't see that enough on the interwebs.
    It's good. I figured we agreed on more than we disagreed

  8. #348
    The Unstoppable Force cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    24,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    It's good. I figured we agreed on more than we disagreed
    Excellent, and indeed we do.

    I have to say I'm excited to see Georgia vs Baylor in the Sugar Bowl and the CFP with LSU vs OK - we'll see what happens when the Big-12 has to play a real team.

    Some other great SEC vs BIG10 teams as well in the Bowl lineup.
    No one is above the law!

  9. #349
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Excellent, and indeed we do.

    I have to say I'm excited to see Georgia vs Baylor in the Sugar Bowl and the CFP with LSU vs OK - we'll see what happens when the Big-12 has to play a real team.

    Some other great SEC vs BIG10 teams as well in the Bowl lineup.
    I think Baylor beats Georgia so that makes them a real team.

  10. #350
    Scarab Lord Logwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dagobah
    Posts
    4,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    I think Baylor beats Georgia so that makes them a real team.
    What you'll even up with is a few Georgia players not caring or wanting to play in a meanless bowl game so they don't hurt their NFL stock by getting hurt that the game will not be a true measure of anything. I agree that that sort of attitude is selfish but that is the thinking of the world today.


    I agree with this ranking of 1-4 everything below that you can just really pull names out of a hat. Also, I think 1-4 will bring us some good football.

  11. #351
    The Unstoppable Force cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    24,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    What you'll even up with is a few Georgia players not caring or wanting to play in a meanless bowl game so they don't hurt their NFL stock by getting hurt that the game will not be a true measure of anything. I agree that that sort of attitude is selfish but that is the thinking of the world today.


    I agree with this ranking of 1-4 everything below that you can just really pull names out of a hat. Also, I think 1-4 will bring us some good football.
    I agree as well, with a side helping of Baylor and Oklahoma being overrated because the only ranked teams they've played are themselves. Twice. Whereas teams like Georgia and Oregon have good out of conference measures.

    Well see how it goes re 1-4. LSU vs Ohio State will be fantastic as a final.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    I think Baylor beats Georgia so that makes them a real team.
    I think Baylor is going to get killed by Georgia.
    No one is above the law!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •