Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I was rooting for LSU as well - only because they were playing Clemson. Man the Tigers were just phenomenal the entire year. Burrow was insane in the CFP final.
    Against 7 top 10 opponents he threw for 2783 yards, 27 TD 2 INT
    /s

@cubby

Why do I need to give you links? Did you not watch the game?

They literally had a lifetime college football/nfl referee on call saying a lot of the calls were bad. Like...

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    @cubby

Why do I need to give you links? Did you not watch the game?

They literally had a lifetime college football/nfl referee on call saying a lot of the calls were bad. Like...
    I did, they did in fact NOT have that happen. Why would you lie about something as trivial as this?

Then you clearly didn’t watch the game,

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Would like to mention that we never got game scores posted @Crissi;

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Then you clearly didn’t watch the game,
    I also just watched a full rebroadcast of the live game; they had nothing of the sort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ivy league already cancelled their fall sports and there's more and more buzz about other leagues following suit.

I hope they are all smart about it and set a good example for the rest of society.

10+ Year Old Account
    Big10 already said they'll play in conference, and Pac 12 looks to follow.

Big 12 and SEC will probably be the most stubborn, which is stupid when they have 2 of the 3 states with the worst outbreaks.

also if season is canceled, I'll just extend this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    The NCAA rolled out its guidelines. They look well enough. It will be tough but I'm optimistic that we'll have some kind of a season as long as teams adhere to the guidelines.

I suspect teams will try to bubble their players as much as possible with starters being under strict conditions. Those with future prospects aren't risking playtime. We shall see.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The NCAA rolled out its guidelines. They look well enough. It will be tough but I'm optimistic that we'll have some kind of a season as long as teams adhere to the guidelines.

I suspect teams will try to bubble their players as much as possible with starters being under strict conditions. Those with future prospects aren't risking playtime. We shall see.
    Link please?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Link please?
    Got the news from the CBS Sports app.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Big10 already said they'll play in conference, and Pac 12 looks to follow.

Big 12 and SEC will probably be the most stubborn, which is stupid when they have 2 of the 3 states with the worst outbreaks.

also if season is canceled, I'll just extend this thread.
    Wasn't Florida scheduled to play Utah?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Wasn't Florida scheduled to play Utah?
    2022 and 2023 in place of BYU on Utah's schedule.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the SEC also going to conference only play, the Big-12 is the last major conference not to make such an announcement. SEC was probably the last domino other conferences were waiting for; I'm glad it wasn't too drawn out, but I'm not optimistic that things will go well in the wake of the MLB outbreak and general poor preparedness.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    and conference only is kinda silly too. So Florida can play Missouri but cant play Florida State? Same with Georgia - Georgia Tech. Makes no geographic sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    and conference only is kinda silly too. So Florida can play Missouri but cant play Florida State? Same with Georgia - Georgia Tech. Makes no geographic sense.
    They're following the NFL's strategy of "just wing it".

They can control what the individual members do within the conference. They have no guarantee other conferences will handle it the same.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    With the SEC also going to conference only play, the Big-12 is the last major conference not to make such an announcement. SEC was probably the last domino other conferences were waiting for; I'm glad it wasn't too drawn out, but I'm not optimistic that things will go well in the wake of the MLB outbreak and general poor preparedness.
    Part of the shit show with the MLB has been the general bringing politics into things were they don't belong. Imo, they should have waited for fall, or even until next year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well its about as close to official as it'll get. Pac 12 and Big 10 have canceled their seasons, and the other conferences will probably head that way.

except the SEC is trying to invite teams to keep a season. SEC gonna SEC.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...sec-acc-big-12

As such, I will be extending this thread instead of creating a new one for a season that wont happen

Well its about as close to official as it'll get. Pac 12 and Big 10 have canceled their seasons, and the other conferences will probably head that way.

except the SEC is trying to invite teams to keep a season. SEC gonna SEC.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...sec-acc-big-12

As such, I will be extending this thread instead of creating a new one for a season that won't happen
    This move by the SEC could also be a ploy to gather more members into the SEC too in a behind the scenes move. Maybe time to re-align everything to a power five and a group of five conferences.

As far as the US goes MLS, NBA, and NHL seem to have done things right so far. Maybe football at both the NFL/NCAA levels needed to look at things better.

Honestly, all of this just hints at poor leadership across the board in the US in just about every sector. Sports should be the first to be axed as it is the least important sector out there.

Give it time the SEC will cancel.

10+ Year Old Account
    football, especially at the college level, is just harder to have in general. Increased roster sizes and staff increases the chance someone fucks up, and in college you have so many schools that statistically, an outbreak is GOING to happen.