Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    They did it, they really did. DeVonta Smith gets the heisman

10+ Year Old Account
    Mac Jones 36/45 464 yards, 5 TD's. DeVonta Smith 12 catches for 215 yards, three TD's, all in the first half as he got hurt in the third quarter. Pretty much says it all as Saban gets his seventh national title.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Larry Scott FIRED.

This is the biggest thing to happen for the Pac-12 since expansion in 09/10.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    LARRY SCOTT HAS BEEN FIRED!!!! Rejoice!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Larry Scott FIRED.

This is the biggest thing to happen for the Pac-12 since expansion in 09/10.

- - - Updated - - -

LARRY SCOTT HAS BEEN FIRED!!!! Rejoice!
    Thank fucking god.

Nice summary of his shit-show leadership. So glad we threw him $40-fucking-million dollars while he ass-fucked us into oblivion. What's the over/under on how long an as-yet name Pac-12 Commissioner can turn the ship around?

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Thank fucking god.

Nice summary of his shit-show leadership. So glad we threw him $40-fucking-million dollars while he ass-fucked us into oblivion. What's the over/under on how long an as-yet name Pac-12 Commissioner can turn the ship around?
    Chris Hill could probably get us back to where we need to be in 3, climbing to new heights in 5, and stadium expansion in-

Never. Just never.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Chris Hill could probably get us back to where we need to be in 3, climbing to new heights in 5, and stadium expansion in-

Never. Just never.
    Lol, maybe they will find someone who can work a miracle.

5+ Year Old Account
    Woah what the fuck is going down in the southern Midwest right now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Texas an OU fucking everything up. My bad y'all!

Also, apparently ESPN may have conspired to ruin the big 12 by telling the ACC to poach some of the schools, causing a Big 12 collapse and making it so ESPN got more media rights. o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    College football is ever so gradually turning into a second NFL. Only about 30 teams, 12 game playoff, etc.
    yeah, not a fan. Especially since this could affect the financials of universities in general, so goes beyond just a sports issue

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    College football is ever so gradually turning into a second NFL. Only about 30 teams, 12 game playoff, etc.
    Reminds me more of the European Football team elite trying to start an exclusive club that only they were part of to get a stranglehold on EU football.

The reason on both sides is the same: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

And the result in both events would be the same too: Ruining football as you know it.

Luckily the European Football teams got insane backlash from their fans and backed down. I don;t see that happening in the US right now.

So yeah, pretty soon it's going to be SEC or bust in terms of financials for a lot of Universities.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scrod View Post
    i’m conflicted because i have always been fine with 5 power conferences - thats 60 teams, which is plenty.

What’s different about this consolidation, to me, is that it’s affecting regional rivalries like oklahoma-oklahoma state and turning a regional sport into a national one.
    give me my pac-12 expansion damnit

- - - Updated - - -

Also it's fucking august 11th, where's my 2021 season thread if you guys don't want me running it again this year. You've got 14 days my friends