Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    After reading comments in this thread I wonder why are most of you "playing" WoW ? 90% of PPL here treat it as a job. "I log to do dailies, than i logout" WTF ?! :P Thats just sad AF

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    heroic warfronts
    heroic warfronts
    heroic warfronts
    heroic warfronts
    heroic warfronts

Lol.
    /tenchars

No, actually:
    Where do people learn this shitty argument with clearing zones. What does that even mean "clearing the zones"? The biggest bag achieve or the undersea usurper? Mechadone? Exalted? Or just flying? Rares killed? .... Fuck, then I'm not even done with timeless isle yet, still missing 4 items from my biggest bag achieve! I will have to play this game for forever! :O
    Last edited by Lei; 2019-07-16 at 01:44 PM.

Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    If you like repetitive tasks that must be completed every day or you fall behind your mythic raid team, then yea sure this is the best patch ever.
    The requirement to complete repetitive tasks in order to avoid falling behind your mythic raid team has absolutely nothing to do the design of the game. It is entirely to do with being a competitive raid team and it is driven by the desire of said raid team to get ahead of other competitive raid teams.

If you stop and think about it for a second, can you honestly tell me that if there were, say, half the number of daily tasks available in Nazjatar, that your raid team would take the attitude of spending that extra time just slacking off and twiddling your thumbs? No, of course not! You'd be doing exactly the same as every other competitive raid team and trying to find ways to translate time played into an advantage that can help you clear Azshara's Eternal Palace that little bit quicker.

Given that competitive raiders are going to put in the time doing something, then the merit of the repetitive content comes down to how enjoyable it is relative to whatever else you might otherwise have spent your time doing.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    why on earth is being "busy" the metric for a good patch.
    No matter how much of it there is, if the content isn't good, then it's unlikely to keep people busy for very long. While there certainly are some players who will keep themselves busy with content even if it's terrible, the fact is that most won't. Ergo, high levels of player engagement is a strong indicator of a good patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    The only interesting part is new mythic plus season.
    The new affix is a level of cancer I have rarely seen before. Reaping was an exciting part of running M+. It was fun when it happened. The new bitches all over the dungeon? Not one bit of fun whatsoever, everybody wishes they were not there. It's not hard, it's just annoying and unpleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Since 8.2 launched i havent stopped for a second.
    There is just so many things to do and to farm.
    I'll argue this is the best patch we have ever seen in WoW history in terms of keeping us busy. Do you agree?

My example (so you dont say im lying):
    - Did Nazjatar every single day and farmed 500 pearls so far and unlocked the rank 3 essense of Lucid Dreams.
    - Farmed the 100 000 Honor achieve for the rank 4 pvp essenses.
    - Did some rated arenas with randoms to farm 1000 rating for rank 2 PvP essense

I didnt even had time to do my mythic+ key...and is almost reset day in europe.
    I pretty much had to ignore Mechagon reputation because it would be too much for me.
    So im completely ignoring one entire zone...and i still have so many things to do everyday...essenses to farm.

In terms of "keeping us busy"...is this the best patch we've ever seen?
    I do as little PVP as possible but did farm 15,000 honor for rank 2.

Every day I try to do all the azerite world quests, plus all the naz and mecha ones for rep. On top of raiding with 2 guilds per week, pugging here and there, doing M+, etc. Been hard to keep up so far.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    The new affix is a level of cancer I have rarely seen before. Reaping was an exciting part of running M+. It was fun when it happened. The new bitches all over the dungeon? Not one bit of fun whatsoever, everybody wishes they were not there. It's not hard, it's just annoying and unpleasant.
    It's clearly ment to piss away your timer and prevent people from getting higher than +10 runs. Some of the other changes have a similar effect (like the cannons in Tol Dagor having limited amunition now and enemies giving less % for the trash counter.

Edit: My point being: This is blizzard's new idea for the meta, it's definitely a step back from the previous two affixes.
    Last edited by Haidaes; 2019-07-16 at 01:54 PM.

8.2 is a great patch and it is the one with the most content but 5.2 is the best patch in general
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I don't understand how. It's just more world quests. At the end of the day, you're still killing a bunch of mobs or collective a few shells. We've been doing this since vanilla, and it's really starting to get old. Is this all WoW can muster?

At least 7.2 had the mage tower, which provided a real challenge, tangible rewards, and something to work for. Now it's just ugly re-skinned mounts, gear for gear's sake (benthic), and WQ.

No, most of the content is boring. The only interesting part is new mythic plus season.
    What is interesting about doing the same dungeon and farming the same gear with slight difference in 10+ affix for almost a year now? Last season I farmed m+ on 5 characters, even did FoS Keystone Master (which kind of pisses me off, because now it is condition for rank 4 essence and I won't do it again), but thats it, I can't imagine doing it for 2 years straight or however will BfA last.

Ehh. Naz is really boring already and im only like 13k rep into revered in mechagon because i stopped doing the dailies because theyre awful. Raid is alright and m+ is still a shrug. Hopefully the 8.3 zone is a decent combo of the 2.

Huh... What are you doing exactly? My neck is 56 without even going out of my way to grind for it.
    Hmm I was capped at 50 when 8.2 launched and did everything on Naz and Mechagnome since then and all emissary chests, all island caps, dozen of M+ and been doing all WQ with azerite that are easy (1 rare) since I got flying 8 days ago. I just got to 55 yesterday to be ready for actual Season 3 launch on wednesday (EU here).

There will be people arguing about 'too much' to do, but this is the sort of patch i love on WoW.

Only half-way through unlocking every essence, haven't even started mythic raiding, only did 2-3 mythic+ and expect to push loads and most importantly, haven't paid any attention to any of my alts, whereas before i'd maintain -A LOT- of them.

Loving it.

Bonus point, Operation Mechagon and Eternal Palace gave me amazing first impressions, can't wait for deathless hard mode and mythic raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The art and music has taken a massive nosedive in BfA.
    Lel

i'm glad you enjoy the new patch but it doesn't really open a discussion

either you enjoy it, or you don't

i dont think it's the best patch ever. for me it was probably when Isle of Quel'Danas opened

but it's still a nice patch with plenty of things to do
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

I would say no. Only because legendaries in Legion kept us busy for the entire expac, not just a patch. But this is a good patch, just wish the essences were more, class-based, and not generic like they are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Lel
    Thank you for this, I love this music. Makes you feel like you're out exploring in an old school JRPG. I think it was very well done.

I still haven't touched 8.2 content, I was asked to reroll, so I figure might as well level another character from scratch.

So currently I have a 115 priest, I am quite excited to get to 120 and see nazjatar.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Yep, since MoP (and MoP included), this is the best patch that blizz ever made imo.
    I wish people would stop saying MoP was so great. Objectively, MoP was a disaster. People were leaving WoW in droves during MoP. It was CLEARLY what the playerbase didn't want. People tend to forget the sub losses during MoP because WoD was so much worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I want the ruins of K'aresh for 9.0 as I envision it as Netherstorm on steroids. A broken, shattered world. Eco-domes are stuck on various chunks to protect flora & fauna. I imagine a K'aresh ocean & maybe some islands contained in an eco dome or a snow-capped peak with some jungle valleys in another. Flesh version of Ethereals that never got altered. Space platforms as in Starcraft. Just a totally fantastic tileset & theme that I'd be very keen to explore. They could do some wild things.

oh shit a lot of repetitive boring content.. insane

I am just burned out on all the class flip flops/redesign every xpack...I do not like what they continue to do and I dislike the BFA versions of classes. I stopped right before the patch, added one more of sub, logged in and just could not stomach it, have not logged in since. I am hopeful they will come back in the next Xpack, do a good job, but if they continue the constant redesign every xpack of classes, that will be my last.