Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

can't stop won't stop...too much content...Best patch ever?

Since 8.2 launched i havent stopped for a second.
    There is just so many things to do and to farm.
    I'll argue this is the best patch we have ever seen in WoW history in terms of keeping us busy. Do you agree?

My example (so you dont say im lying):
    - Did Nazjatar every single day and farmed 500 pearls so far and unlocked the rank 3 essense of Lucid Dreams.
    - Farmed the 100 000 Honor achieve for the rank 4 pvp essenses.
    - Did some rated arenas with randoms to farm 1000 rating for rank 2 PvP essense

I didnt even had time to do my mythic+ key...and is almost reset day in europe.
    I pretty much had to ignore Mechagon reputation because it would be too much for me.
    So im completely ignoring one entire zone...and i still have so many things to do everyday...essenses to farm.

In terms of "keeping us busy"...is this the best patch we've ever seen?
    Last edited by Roanda; 2019-07-15 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    I'll argue this is the best patch we have ever seen in WoW history in terms of keeping us busy. Do you agree?
    Of course people will disagree. This is MMO-Champion. The place where everyone has a hate boner for Blizzard and a stick up their ass.

OP, it sounds like you're trolling, but really...you ain't lying.

I remember the Timeless Isle patch in MoP. Up until then, I never felt the world more alive with things to do. Now, it's like we got two Timeless Isles. It's really impressive. Then again, overall, I've been really impressed with BfA. Warfronts and Island Expeditions are garbage, but the rest of the content, art, world, music, etc... is really top notch. Not what you expect from such an old game.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Of course people will disagree. This is MMO-Champion. The place where everyone has a hate boner for Blizzard and a stick up their ass.
    And a bunch of weirdos who can't take criticism about their favorite game. I'm pretty sure there should be a middle ground.

Also, nice clickbait title OP. If you don't wan't a flame war, use more subtle titles next time. Just a friendly suggestion.

There isn't too much content, there is too much repetition.

I let my sub run out right before it hit. Sounds good though. I got so depressed about BFA a while back that I just can't take the game anymore right now. I am interested in coming back next xpak though. If it stays good, I may just start drinking and come back for 8.3.

Best content patch ever in my book. I only can compare Icecrown's release because it just had all the Lich King charisma.

7+ Year Old Account
    It certainly is a very good patch for this expansion.

But a "dear diary, I did so many things today" thread wasn't really needed.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    OP, it sounds like you're trolling, but really...you ain't lying.

I remember the Timeless Isle patch in MoP. Up until then, I never felt the world more alive with things to do. Now, it's like we got two Timeless Isles. It's really impressive. Then again, overall, I've been really impressed with BfA. Warfronts and Island Expeditions are garbage, but the rest of the content, art, world, music, etc... is really top notch. Not what you expect from such an old game.
    Im not trolling...im tired...im tired every single day and i log out completely without forces to continue.
    Which is a good thing.
    The 100 000 honor farm was too much intense.

And i need to farm so many essenses because im a customization nerd...

And i still need to farm the neck to level 55...which i will do on reset day. JESUS, i havent stopped since day 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not trolling...im tired...im tired every single day and i log out completely without forces to continue.
    Which is a good thing.
    The 100 000 honor farm was too much intense.
    And i still need to farm the neck to level 55...which i will do on reset day. JESUS, i havent stopped since day 1.
    Since 8.2 launched i havent stopped for a second.
    Also OP : " i 'm casual "

Now we all know all you do is troll

It all depends - every content patch has the same amount of content if you consider repeating the EXACT same content over and over and over and over again to be "content"

If you produce 2 hours of new content, but lock rewards behind a necessity to repeat that content 10+ times, have you produced 2 hours of content, or 20 hours? because based on the OP, they think its 20 hours of content. Is not, its 2.

Blizzard have got better and better at hiding the repetition - to the point where people honestly confuse 2 hours of content with 20 hours.

That doesnt mean its a bad designed patch - it has filled the gap for bored WQ players, and obviously there is the new raid, and the new 5man, so for group content players, there are those. The raid so far is pretty crap overall (visuals / layout / sound / design / encounters / difficulty) but with some good bosses, which is obviously what we spend MOST of the time doing. But time will tell.

As for the world content - its just more of exactly the same - desirable unlocks locked behind weeks of repetition of very simplistic and uninspired content - stretching a couple of hours of content to be looked at as WEEKS of content by the playerbase is an artform, and Blizzard are Van Gogh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FL4K View Post
    Also OP : " i 'm casual "

Now we all know all you do is troll
    Absolutely a troll. Victim card will come out VERY soon. If someone is honestly going to try to claim they have been playing full time since day 1 and havnt started mecha or had time for a M+? like seriously, thats beyond a joke - to say this person Might be a troll is to say the sun MIGHT be hot.

I, personally, am missing this patch. I just stopped playing WoW. I wouldn't say is BfA's fault (not entirely), but at this point I'm just burnt out of WoW. There are many other games and I don't want to play just one.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    It all depends - every content patch has the same amount of content if you consider repeating the EXACT same content over and over and over and over again to be "content"

If you produce 2 hours of new content, but lock rewards behind a necessity to repeat that content 10+ times, have you produced 2 hours of content, or 20 hours? because based on the OP, they think its 20 hours of content. Is not, its 2.

Blizzard have got better and better at hiding the repetition - to the point where people honestly confuse 2 hours of content with 20 hours.

That doesnt mean its a bad designed patch - it has filled the gap for bored WQ players, and obviously there is the new raid, and the new 5man, so for group content players, there are those. The raid so far is pretty crap overall (visuals / layout / sound / design / encounters / difficulty) but with some good bosses, which is obviously what we spend MOST of the time doing. But time will tell.

As for the world content - its just more of exactly the same - desirable unlocks locked behind weeks of repetition of very simplistic and uninspired content - stretching a couple of hours of content to be looked at as WEEKS of content by the playerbase is an artform, and Blizzard are Van Gogh.
    Very interesting post.
    I guess what im trying to say is that i always have something to do on my gaming sessions...which are 2-3 hours day.
    But is true timegates are a thing of Blizzard and they are the masters of it.

Absolutely a troll. Victim card will come out VERY soon. If someone is honestly going to try to claim they have been playing full time since day 1 and havnt started mecha or had time for a M+? like seriously, thats beyond a joke - to say this person Might be a troll is to say the sun MIGHT be hot.
    Annnd you ruined it by calling me a troll...
    I dont understand why people call me troll.
    Im a casual in the sense i dont raid or do hard content. But i play 2-3 hours a day doing easy content and things i enjoy.
    Why is my persona a troll?

Best patch ever might be stretching it a bit, but I do think the patch is good, not necessarily the best, but good.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Best patch ever might be stretching it a bit, but I do think the patch is good, not necessarily the best, but good.
    Do you recall being busier in another patch?
    I might just be busier than you because im a customization nerd and want a big portion of essenses...im farming a lot of them.
    But my gaming sessions are completely full from farming.

I dont recall this ever happening before...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm staying relatively busy but I'm already skipping all the Mechagon dailies except the one that offers the Oscillator.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

No, most of the content is boring. The only interesting part is new mythic plus season.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you recall being busier in another patch?
    I might just be busier than you because im a customization nerd and want a big portion of essenses...im farming a lot of them.
    But my gaming sessions are completely full from farming.

I dont recall this ever happening before...
    Yes, all of MoP.

I disagree and am kind of already a bit burnt out (although i was pre patch as well) but i respect your opinion and wish you and everyone else the best for 8.2 period

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Yes, all of MoP.
    Ah, that explains a lot.
    MoP was the ONLY expansion i didnt play

Huh... What are you doing exactly? My neck is 56 without even going out of my way to grind for it.