Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even if it is the best for keeping you busy.. Being busy isn't necessarily the same as being a good patch. I could, for instance, walk in circles all day. I'd be busy, but it wouldn't be fun.

Haven't touched 8.2 personally, so can't comment on if the content is good, but just having a lot doesn't mean it is

The content is okay if you look for something to kill time or you really bought into the idea of the essence system. If you have better alternatives in other games that bring you more joy (not exactly a tall requirement) then the patch is pretty "meh". I will admit that the mechagon isle was kinda interesting for a few hours but that wears off quickly.

If you are a WoW monogamer then it was probably a good patch, for everyone else it's probably more around mediocre.

Go do some dailies in Mechagon.
    Go do some dailies in Nazjatar.
    Do the same things you've been doing (m+, pvp).

Yea lots of content.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Since 8.2 launched i havent stopped for a second.
    There is just so many things to do and to farm.
    I'll argue this is the best patch we have ever seen in WoW history in terms of keeping us busy. Do you agree?

My example (so you dont say im lying):
    - Did Nazjatar every single day and farmed 500 pearls so far and unlocked the rank 3 essense of Lucid Dreams.
    - Farmed the 100 000 Honor achieve for the rank 4 pvp essenses.
    - Did some rated arenas with randoms to farm 1000 rating for rank 2 PvP essense

I didnt even had time to do my mythic+ key...and is almost reset day in europe.
    I pretty much had to ignore Mechagon reputation because it would be too much for me.
    So im completely ignoring one entire zone...and i still have so many things to do everyday...essenses to farm.

In terms of "keeping us busy"...is this the best patch we've ever seen?
    No matter how much you profess your love, Blizz isn't going to love you back...only your wallet.

TBH, 8.2 seems pretty much the same as 7.2 except they split it across 1 1/2 zones (Mechagon is pretty small).

I'm not sure which is worse around here...those with rose-colored glasses for the past, or those who can't even remember a couple of years ago.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    You mean the kind of "Game is fucking shit and I hate everything and everyone" kind of criticism? That's what it mostly is.
    True. Most people aren't good at constructive criticism. But is is seriously just people having a "hate boner" with BfA being such a colossal trainwreck? The best I read people claim about BfA unironically is: It's not as bad as WoD. And even that is debatable.

WoW fans see everything in black and white. You are either a white knight or a idiot with a hateboner. It's kinda irritating, don't you think?

I'll argue this is the best patch we have ever seen in WoW history in terms of keeping us busy. Do you agree?

- Did Nazjatar every single day and farmed 500 pearls so far and unlocked the rank 3 essense of Lucid Dreams.

I pretty much had to ignore Mechagon reputation because it would be too much for me.
    So im completely ignoring one entire zone...and i still have so many things to do everyday...essenses to farm.

A great patch if you love farming, pretty sure most people can agree on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

I don't play games to 'keep me busy', I play games to have fun. WoW stopped being fun this expansion and nothing in 8.2 has given me reason to think I should resub.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Whats strange is that you decided to deride people who like the game and then got offended when called out. It's easy to see. Right there when you went for the "projecting" argument. It is indeed sad.
    Well, I guess you can believe what you want. Jumping straight to assuming I've got a hateboner because I thought the thread seemed strange is very American politics of you.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    No, secondary stats are always the same. Rng is just getting right piece - special effect is what makes them powerful.
    And gem but honestly, gem is nowhere near as powerful as special effect.
    The special effect only works in eternal palace or Nazjatar. Whereas a socket in each slot will work everywhere. This is especially important for M+

Quote Originally Posted by Gatto View Post
    Wrong.

While it is true that there are pieces that can be comparable as 445 items ( boots, belt and maybe gloves ), having a socket will drastically improve the efficiency of your piece, even in a non raid scenario.

2 days ago I have seen a warrior with all benthic gear 425, best items with sockets. The difference was huge.
    This is what I was thinking. Because what's better than the best bonus AND a socket?

It's still got a pretty strong element of RNG, and is not as deterministic as many people are claiming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Wrong. Socket gives you around 100-150 dps. Effect itself gives you 600-800dps.
    Even if that's true, you're still re-rolling until you get the "perfect" bonus combined with a socket for best results.

I fail to see the "too much content".
    I log on and knock out nazjatar and mechagon within an hour and log out again. Only thing that takes any time if i decide to wait for bird and spider to spawn for mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    I fail to see the "too much content".

Some players do more than just knock out 2 reps for flying and camp/kill 3 rares for mounts in newer zones...
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, every patch has much to do in the beginning.. Wait a few weeks and see how much content there is after that.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account

Are you trolling? Actual content lasted a couple days, just repeating world quests now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post

Absolutely a troll. Victim card will come out VERY soon. If someone is honestly going to try to claim they have been playing full time since day 1 and havnt started mecha or had time for a M+? like seriously, thats beyond a joke - to say this person Might be a troll is to say the sun MIGHT be hot.
    Some people aren’t in high school and have jobs or lives. OP never said they were playing nonstop, just that there’s so much to do they don’t have time for it all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Are you trolling? Actual content lasted a couple days, just repeating world quests now.
    You cleared both zones, heroic warfronts, got the essences you needed, got whatever PvP rank you wanted to, did your M+ and learned the new affixes, cleared operation: Mechagon and finished Eternal Palace already?

Good for you! Maybe try sleep or getting a job once in a while though.

After reading comments in this thread I wonder why are most of you "playing" WoW ? 90% of PPL here treat it as a job. "I log to do dailies, than i logout" WTF ?! :P Thats just sad AF

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    heroic warfronts
    heroic warfronts
    heroic warfronts
    heroic warfronts
    heroic warfronts

Lol.
    /tenchars

No, actually:
    Where do people learn this shitty argument with clearing zones. What does that even mean "clearing the zones"? The biggest bag achieve or the undersea usurper? Mechadone? Exalted? Or just flying? Rares killed? .... Fuck, then I'm not even done with timeless isle yet, still missing 4 items from my biggest bag achieve! I will have to play this game for forever! :O
    Last edited by Lei; 2019-07-16 at 01:44 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    If you like repetitive tasks that must be completed every day or you fall behind your mythic raid team, then yea sure this is the best patch ever.
    The requirement to complete repetitive tasks in order to avoid falling behind your mythic raid team has absolutely nothing to do the design of the game. It is entirely to do with being a competitive raid team and it is driven by the desire of said raid team to get ahead of other competitive raid teams.

If you stop and think about it for a second, can you honestly tell me that if there were, say, half the number of daily tasks available in Nazjatar, that your raid team would take the attitude of spending that extra time just slacking off and twiddling your thumbs? No, of course not! You'd be doing exactly the same as every other competitive raid team and trying to find ways to translate time played into an advantage that can help you clear Azshara's Eternal Palace that little bit quicker.

Given that competitive raiders are going to put in the time doing something, then the merit of the repetitive content comes down to how enjoyable it is relative to whatever else you might otherwise have spent your time doing.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    why on earth is being "busy" the metric for a good patch.
    No matter how much of it there is, if the content isn't good, then it's unlikely to keep people busy for very long. While there certainly are some players who will keep themselves busy with content even if it's terrible, the fact is that most won't. Ergo, high levels of player engagement is a strong indicator of a good patch.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    The only interesting part is new mythic plus season.
    The new affix is a level of cancer I have rarely seen before. Reaping was an exciting part of running M+. It was fun when it happened. The new bitches all over the dungeon? Not one bit of fun whatsoever, everybody wishes they were not there. It's not hard, it's just annoying and unpleasant.

I do as little PVP as possible but did farm 15,000 honor for rank 2.

Every day I try to do all the azerite world quests, plus all the naz and mecha ones for rep. On top of raiding with 2 guilds per week, pugging here and there, doing M+, etc. Been hard to keep up so far.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    The new affix is a level of cancer I have rarely seen before. Reaping was an exciting part of running M+. It was fun when it happened. The new bitches all over the dungeon? Not one bit of fun whatsoever, everybody wishes they were not there. It's not hard, it's just annoying and unpleasant.
    It's clearly ment to piss away your timer and prevent people from getting higher than +10 runs. Some of the other changes have a similar effect (like the cannons in Tol Dagor having limited amunition now and enemies giving less % for the trash counter.

Edit: My point being: This is blizzard's new idea for the meta, it's definitely a step back from the previous two affixes.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-07-16 at 01:54 PM.