Question Your thoughts about the Azshara and Nazjatar portrayal in the game

I've always thought,that Azshara and her underwater palaces will look epic. I remember how huge were the ruins in Vash'jir,with all the highborne sculptures in every corner,unending armies at disposal of Azshara's lieutenants. What I see in Nazjatar is a tiny portion of what was in Vash'jir,a lot of stupidly made terrain,to make sure you either die from jumping or by the hand of 20 nagas you pulled while getting to the world quest.

I was not a big fan of Vash'jir,where you had to spend all your time underwater and how little sense it made,that under water you could cast spells and shoot arrows with the same speed as on the ground,but even that was better than what I saw in Nazjatar. If you remember Vash'jir,the start of the zone, was bright and then it became darker and darker. Here,is a tiny bit of naga architecture,a bit of highborne ruins and the rest is filled with terrain,that makes you want to get a flying mount as fast as possible. Except for the the sea,that has opened all around you and Azshara's threat,that you live and aren't swallowed by it only because she wants so. That's it. I don't see nagas as a threat,cause they have always been there - in the leveling zones - along with the murlocs,as a side threat. Here and there Azshara appears in the zone,ironically congratulating you with a world quest completion and that's it.

I truly hope,that we will see her as a bigger threat in the future,cause for now,she appears as an overconfident character,who's only purpose is to lure us to an exact location to free N'zoth. If that was her only purpose,why did she put all of her army in our way,instead of calling them back,allow us to fight her directly and activate the Heart of Azeroth where she needs it. If the Lich King reveals,that all of his lieutenants were objects,to test our worth,to make us his champions,then in this case,all the waste of ther own troops to reach her goal was really unnecessary.

Personally,I'm getting the same feeling about her as I had about the Burning Legion,who were portrayed as overconfident morons,who died even before finishing their "The Legion conquers all" line. The Legion didn't seem as a world ending threat,even despite their numbers and space ships,cause they made so stupid and unforgiving mistakes,that actually lead to their own demise. Now,we have N'zoth,which is a master manipulator,yet I'm not sure,that will actually be capable to write him in the way the Lich King or even Deathwing was written.

You know, Azshara seems really smart compared to our faction leaders.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    You know, Azshara seems really smart compared to our faction leaders.
    I don't think,that Sylvanas is stupid. You can call her a manipulative,selfish bitch,who cares only about herself and (maybe) Nathanos and uses the forsaken and the rest of the Horde's races as a cannon fodder,but she is definetely not stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    I don't think,that Sylvanas is stupid. You can call her a manipulative,selfish bitch,who cares only about herself and (maybe) Nathanos and uses the forsaken and the rest of the Horde's races as a cannon fodder,but she is definetely not stupid.
    Sylvanas' only mistake is that she doesn't have any(may be fake) plans to tell to player. This way people start to plot against her. Doesn't she remember what happened to Illidan?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I didnt keep up with the news that much, so when I first entered Nazjatar and didnt see the Eternal Palace, I thought maybe it will be revealed by Azshara after main questline. Man was I disappointed when I found out its somewhere underwater, looking this underwhelming. There are so many raid which look great from the outside and I had high hopes about this one.

Nazjatar is... fine I guess, although it's hard for me to imagine how this could be underwater area before 8.2.

Overall the zone is kind of ok. As for Azshara, I love her character and her appearing before us multiple times.