Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
LastLast
  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    The problem is that you still have a lot of trolling with 2-2-2 lock. You have healers who only want to dps. Healers/Tanks who queue for the loot box so they just do whatever. Sometimes you have dps doing nothing.

    Yes, it's good in some ways, but I've also seen a lot of trolling.
    Yeah but we had trolling before, if anything I think the lock is a net positive. Having two healers means if healing is low you can just ask for more help, rather than the issue of 1 healer being a dps and having to put up with low healing overall. My biggest gripe is probably getting 2 off tanks together but even that is somewhat negated since Sig/Zarya is a surprisingly strong combo if you're aggresive enough to take the space before the enemy can deny it.

  2. #222
    I have mixed feelings. I'll happily play as a tank or healer for the sake of quicker queues and try to do so on whatever hero is best - but I see far too many scenarios where people lock in Roadhog or Moira and focus only on doing damage and never trying to heal/defend their allies. Made worse when you get damage dealers who lock in Hanzo or Widowmaker when we need something other than a sniper to join the fray...

  3. #223
    for me role queue in overwatch is desevolutionary.

    ow needs a bigger hero pool for that system + a new system should NEVER EVER replace the working one.

    Since when blizzard started to be this way? Valve is the only developer that is trustworthy atm.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I have mixed feelings. I'll happily play as a tank or healer for the sake of quicker queues and try to do so on whatever hero is best - but I see far too many scenarios where people lock in Roadhog or Moira and focus only on doing damage and never trying to heal/defend their allies. Made worse when you get damage dealers who lock in Hanzo or Widowmaker when we need something other than a sniper to join the fray...
    Yes Moira is a good example. People think when they get 4 gold medails with moira they did everything they can to win. Still they dont realize they are the cause of their own loss. Because medails are nothing compared to a strategic use of skills.

    In a free Q, Moira dps was totally value pick. Now its a shitshow. i loved to play 2 healers and a moira dps 2 more dps and a tank. Or 5 tanks and 1 Healer. OW used to be fun. Now its stale and dry.

    - - - Updated - - -

    6 DPS Teamkill is one of the best feelings in OW. But they take away and the peons clap?

  4. #224
    I play a the 2 2 2 queue solves. Nothing tbh, People still play tanks and healers like a DPS.

    Blizzards just made it more frustrating to account for these people

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I play a the 2 2 2 queue solves. Nothing tbh, People still play tanks and healers like a DPS.

    Blizzards just made it more frustrating to account for these people
    Okay cool for you, but dont you think overwatch is big enough for more than one ranked queue?

  6. #226
    Over 9000! Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    9,433
    It's become a LFG waiting tool. just what Overwatch needs

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    It's become a LFG waiting tool. just what Overwatch needs
    damn i didnt see that parallel.. you are so right.

  8. #228
    Banned Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Switzerland, Geneva
    Posts
    5,844
    Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    6 DPS Teamkill is one of the best feelings in OW. But they take away and the peons clap?
    QP is still here for that kind of shitshow...

  9. #229
    They did it cause of esports, and that sucks. Sure, tankmeta happend during my gold/plat games, but not that often. And when it did, most people were never good enough to make it work like the pros do.

    As usual with many games these days its with esports in mind, and its balanced around it.

    These days I only play tank/heal and I do my role there. I tank when im supposed to tank, I heal when im healer.

    The annoying part is that alot of dps just locks into 1 hero and stay with it.

  10. #230
    All they realy had to do was banning 3 Tanks 3 Healers from the League. There was 0 Reasons for a Role Lock for normal Players

  11. #231
    I can not understand why they dont add the desirable role pick for the queue, but free the hero choices.

    Meaning you can queue as support and can pick tank, dps or heal champions and use those to support your team.

    Simple as it is. This would solve the whole problem.
    I want to be able to freely chose from a heroes pool, no matter what "Role" im queuing. I can support with a soldier or widowmaker, or i can dps with a moira or a baptiste. Players should be given the free choice to do so. Sometimes a third DPS is badly needed, or a third Support or tank. This game is all about countering - so let us counter again.

    - - - Updated - - -

    it doesnt make any sense, because the went from splitted DPS (Defensive, Offensive) to United DPS no more Off or Def Label.
    But now you can only chose from the specific Label.... its like Major trolling



    why not lock offensive and defensive heros also again?
    meaning you can only play symmetra and mei or hanzo on defensive side. and soldier and reaper and sombra on offensive.


    *Im so sick of low IQ game development and this is what blizzard has became. In every game this is feelable and seeable. They butcher the game and are clearly not intersted in improving conditions for player and game soul. All they want is to create a unpleasent athmosphere, so they can feast on you when you are weak. last post for me in this topic. It is making me very sad to see this attitude in every game they realease... and "patch".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    QP is still here for that kind of shitshow...
    QP is for Quick Play. And again you dont need to harass persons that differ from your opinion. Thank you...
    Last edited by froschhure; 2019-10-01 at 02:09 PM.

  12. #232
    Banned Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Switzerland, Geneva
    Posts
    5,844
    Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    QP is for Quick Play. And again you dont need to harass persons that differ from your opinion. Thank you...
    Wow that's next level snowflake syndrom here. Sorry I hurt your feelings by pointing a fact. Will still do it tho...

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Wow that's next level snowflake syndrom here. Sorry I hurt your feelings by pointing a fact. Will still do it tho...
    i repeat again. You have no argument there. the only argument you think you have is "shitshow". To clearify this out to you: Shitshow is an insult. You think the way you play is best? Because its supported by developers? Your story, leave me out of this. "snowflake syndrom" another insult, to weighten out your position. You are quite manipulative.*thats why im adding you to my ignore list.
    Last edited by froschhure; 2019-10-01 at 02:36 PM.

  14. #234
    Banned Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Switzerland, Geneva
    Posts
    5,844
    Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    Shitshow is an insult.
    That's where you're wrong. It's an accurate description of the situation.

    Glad we could sort this out.

  15. #235
    Herald of the Titans Battlebeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,737
    Best thing they ever added. Finally no more games with 4+ dps etc. Always having healers and tanks is wonderful.

    And personally, now you can play Pharah more properly. Never again 3+ hitscans.

  16. #236
    I am Murloc! Zuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    5,605
    I would've preferred they left it out of quick play, but I'm mostly playing mystery heroes these days anyway.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

  17. #237
    It's enormously improved the quality of games. So many problems were solved in one fel swoop. I really wonder what took them so long to take this very obvious measure.

  18. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    It's enormously improved the quality of games. So many problems were solved in one fel swoop. I really wonder what took them so long to take this very obvious measure.
    Player agency was probably the biggest consideration, I like role lock because solo q games are more consistent and it's nice to have healers and tanks all the time. But we do pay a price in that now their are fewer ways to play the game, triple DPS and triple tank comps were very fun and sometimes powerful strats. Things like that were probably the consideration that Blizzard dwelled on before eventually deciding to implement role lock - that and "lol we nerfed every hero in goats but it STILL EXISTS?!"

  19. #239
    Far less trolling for sure, im enjoying the game much more now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •