Azerite TRrait question

So with the azerite traits on the chest, helm and shoulders, am I wanting to make sure I dont' choose traits more than once? I read something on Icy about "stacking", and saw it again on the official forums, but I wasn't sure I was understanding it correctly. Are people "stacking" the same trait to get it to proc more or something? Or are they refering to something else?

I am not 100% sure without the context of this discussion but I guess it is just as you think. Some traits are very strong on the first piece but suffer bad diminishing returns when you have them on more than one piece.

Fury of Xuen or Glory of the Dawn for WW monks are examples for that. DKs are mostly fine though (except for the weird case of Icy Citadel where the third stack far outshines the gain of the first two).

Generally Bloodmallet is a good resource to check which traits to go for in any situation:

https://bloodmallet.com/index.html
    Last edited by Galathir; 2019-07-19 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    I am not 100% sure without the context of this discussion but I guess it is just as you think. Some traits are very strong on the first piece but suffer bad diminishing returns when you have them on more than one piece.

Fury of Xuen or Glory of the Dawn for WW monks are examples for that. DKs are mostly fine though (except for the weird case of Icy Citadel where the third stack far outshines the gain of the first two).

Generally Bloodmallet is a good resource to check which traits to go for in any situation:

https://bloodmallet.com/index.html
    I typically tank, but on a rare occasion I'll dps. I was just wanting to see if I was understanding other posts correctly as they talked about "stacking". But yeah, thanks for clarifying. That website will be gold for my hunter and rogue. I didn't know that existed. Do you know of any traits that tanks are stacking? I'm just getting ready to start climbing the M+ ladder and it would be good to know

15+ Year Old Account
    The only trait you care about stacking as a BDK is that 3rd ring, Resounding Protection or whatever, it's the one that gives you an absorb shield every 15 seconds or whatever. Three of those is pretty insane.

I think you can stack Bonespike GY, but don't quote me on that. BDK you generally don't stack and try to get as many different beneficial things going as possible.

For Unholy you def WANT to stack traits!!!!! Festermight and Magus are a must, you want 3 of each whenever possible.

Get 1 x Eternal Rune Weapon, 1 x Bloody Runeweapon, 1x Bones of the Damned, then just take whatever generic traits are available because the other blood-specific traits are dogshit.

For Unholy, 3 x Festermight/3 x Magus is pretty much mandatory. At least 3 x Festermight as a starting point