Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Maell View Post
    I don't remember any problem in BFA launch, so Blizz servers apparently are finally able to handle a launch. So the only problem might be the fight for mob and item spawns in starter areas.
    I think the servers will have issues. They even said that this launch is different from an expansion launch since they are releasing brand new servers(which they haven't done in many many years for retail WoW) and brand new server/realm tech.

But saying that BfA launch didn't have problems, Draenor-EU was out of service for several hours on release midnight.

I'm getting mixed answers from people here. Paris is 6 hours ahead of EST, does this mean I can play the 26th at 6pm? I'm starting on an EU realm from the US.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    I'm getting mixed answers from people here. Paris is 6 hours ahead of EST, does this mean I can play the 26th at 6pm? I'm starting on an EU realm from the US.
    Since it is a global launch, it doesn't matter where you are geographically; I am in PST and it opens at 3PM, PST; so if you're in EST, yes, 6PM, but your realm time should say midnight.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    Mate there is a map on the previous page, if you can't work it out from that I doubt a forum will help.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Lies /10chars
    Hey, it's all part of the journey. Sitting on coms chatting away while staring the countdown on your screen for 7 hours...

OP should change post title/ lock thread. The latest anyone should be playing theoretically not including lag/server down is 9-11 am on the 27th? depending on the IDL
    Last edited by Oozlz; 2019-07-31 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maell View Post
    I don't remember any problem in BFA launch, so Blizz servers apparently are finally able to handle a launch. So the only problem might be the fight for mob and item spawns in starter areas.
    Bliz has said this is not like an expansion launch, something about new hardware that most expansions don't have. We'll see.

I think this is very right time for release - middle of the work day in US and night in EU - this will help with starting queues for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    Ion's summary post launch:

By Blizzard's own admission, it wasn't good and fell short.
    Hm, I remember issues with the chamber in Silithus, was kicked several times and got like 30 minutes late start (high pop EU server) but other than that it was fine, guess the issues were more in the US then.

Why would you res this post? someone close this thing already.