Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Remove something: Quick Fix or Solution - Is WoW too Overcrowded with Content?

Do you think the solution to WoWs current problem is to cut back on what the game currently have to make it fresh,interesting and new?

Prune this. Squish that. Remove those?

World of Warcraft 2 would be their best bet. Removing things from a game often does more harm than good as we've seen with the current state of World of Warcraft. You can't give people something fun, take it away, and expect everyone to be okay with it.

There... Nit enough, not too much...

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Do you think the solution to WoWs current problem is to cut back on what the game currently have to make it fresh,interesting and new?

Have you been paying attention from expansion to expansion? That's mostly what they've done and it's making things worse, not better. Prune glyph system, to add in this system or that system, then remove those systems to add in another system just like it but more generic. Prune class abilities to make room for artifact abilities that'll be taken away to make room for azerite abilities that are just like class abilities if class abilities were just passive effects.

I think that they're focusing too much on the pointless content, such as islands, useless holidays, warfronts etc.

I don't know statistics, but for me they shouldn't waste their resources on things that no one care about.

I'm not saying that no one does islands/warfronts, but that they're taking too much time. Islands are used mostly for collection items/levelling, I'd rather see them adding a new pets/mounts for dungeons/raids and fix up levelling. Same thing about warfronts, people are doing them for free items - I'd rather see them raising WQ ilvl cap or whatever.
    I'm pretty sure the amount of time wasted for warfronts were inappropriate to the rewards.

They should focus on making sure the classes feel fun and revert the gcd change then worry about content with whatever is left over. Island adventures ect might have been decent if classes were more fun to play.

10+ Year Old Account

Jesus. No. Good lord.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

There's no good reason to cut back on what's already there in WoW, but I wouldn't object to future development time being more tightly focused on core systems instead of more content. Honestly WoW is overflowing with content, its main problem is that a lot of that content doesn't have compelling ways to engage with it. I'd be more than happy for the devs to spend an entire expansion working on just improving and refining the current systems in a way that makes older content evergreen, fun to engage with, and substantially rewarding instead of getting a bunch of new stuff propped up by weak gameplay.
    Last edited by Wondercrab; 2019-06-15 at 05:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I’d like to see them remove allied races... actually just remove BfA in its entirety. Legion might have sucked but at least I could busy myself running duplicate classes through the mage tower while I wait for them to make a real expansion. If they wanted to dissolve the factions they should have done so then instead of dragging them through the mud beforehand.

Though mostly I want WoW 2 with a narrative reset.

WoD would have been a perfect experiment for this if we were actually trapped on draenor, unable to return to Azeroth till the end of the expansion. And it would have gone shitty, this is why bliz didn’t do this like they were going to originally.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    WoD would have been a perfect experiment for this if we were actually trapped on draenor, unable to return to Azeroth till the end of the expansion. And it would have gone shitty, this is why bliz didn’t do this like they were going to originally.
    I was not aware that their original plan was to make the adventurers spend one expansion or two and build an extended storyline in the world of Draenor. I believe there are so many things yet untold in that part of time and setting. Too much unexplored details and possibilities. A stay on Draenor for about a trilogy of expansion would've been nice before they prematurely and instantaneously bridged the story and reverted to Azeroth's main timeline and redirected it to Legion story cycle.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2019-06-15 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I’d like to see them remove allied races... actually just remove BfA in its entirety. Legion might have sucked but at least I could busy myself running duplicate classes through the mage tower while I wait for them to make a real expansion. If they wanted to dissolve the factions they should have done so then instead of dragging them through the mud beforehand.

Though mostly I want WoW 2 with a narrative reset.
    A narrative reset solves NOTHING when it comes to their issues with content. All it would do is fix some of the lore. The other core features would still be flawed.

I was not aware that their original plan was to make the adventurers spend one expansion or two and build storyline in the world of Draenor. I believe there are so many things yet untold in that part of time and world. Too much unexplored details and possibilities.
    Well when I mean originally, I mean it was on the table but decided against. They did leave it in the story which was kind of a meme back then “the dark portal is broken, we are trapped here.” *hearths home* “see ya nerds”

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is no true solution short of a full-on rebuild. They can patch up the ship and band-aid their wounds, but all they can do is to slow the free-fall they're in as a 15 year old game in a weak genre.

And there's no way they do a full-on rebuild in their current financial climate. FFXIV is considered WoW's biggest competitor and the recent estimates are it's probably around 1 million subscribers. No way Blizzard would invest millions into a new MMO, only for it to at best pull in a couple million subscribers. Especially if it also meant projects like Overwatch 2, which thanks to esports and lootbox culture stands a much better chance of being profitable, end up being cancelled in the process.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    A narrative reset solves NOTHING when it comes to their issues with content. All it would do is fix some of the lore. The other core features would still be flawed.
    WoW 2 would probably play completely differently, I focused on the lore because the lore is what made me quit.

No. There isn't enough. The vast majority of the areas is useless and has no point to be in beyond leveling. At max level, you have dailies 2.0, PvP, mythic dungeons or raiding. Pet battles and professions as secondary things. There really isn't all that much to even do. If you don't enjoy leveling or PvPing, most of the day is spent with nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    WoW 2
    Wow 2 would have a slew of issues. Not limited to the fact that suddenly, years of progresses would be wiped. Entire mount, pet and appearance collections, just gone. People would not like having everything they worked for, all of the connections they have to their characters, forcibly removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    No. There isn't enough. The vast majority of the areas is useless and has no point to be in beyond leveling. At max level, you have dailies 2.0, PvP, mythic dungeons or raiding. Pet battles and professions as secondary things. There really isn't all that much to even do. If you don't enjoy leveling or PvPing, most of the day is spent with nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow 2 would have a slew of issues. Not limited to the fact that suddenly, years of progresses would be wiped. Entire mount, pet and appearance collections, just gone. People would not like having everything they worked for, all of the connections they have to their characters, forcibly removed.
    EQ1 is still open...
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    I would "remove" E-sports and delete world first achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    I would "remove" E-sports and delete world first achievements.
    Why and how?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    Do you often find you end up shaving your whole head on bad hair day mornings?
    Not really. Speaking of shaving my head bald, I am currently right now and I just shaved it off just a few days ago with my newly bought razor.

I carry a skin headed "hair-do" so I'll feel fresh, considering the weather in my country. Less time to manage my hair, less hair products to use, more money saved. Also, I could start a new and think about my new hairstyle while my hair's slowly growing but primarilly lesser things to worry about in life.

Perhaps that's what WoW dev't might be thinking of and we share the same sentiments.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2019-06-15 at 08:02 PM.