Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    I see this argument a lot.

    "When we unlock flying its already too late into the expansion. Its at a point where it doesnt even matter"

    Dont know about you guys, but i must do all World PvP quests to reach Conquest cap (because i dont do rated arenas)
    Today i had to kill 35 players, some in Voldun, some in Nazjatar.
    And i felt like total crap for being the only one on group without flying.

    The ultimate humiliation was when in Nazjatar one guy had to use the "Taxi" flying mount on me, every single time, for 20 min.

    I was lucky we had a nice soul on the group to "taxi" me around...but...from now on, all World PvP quests will be a nightmare for me every week

    Disclaimer:
    Im not complaining i dont have flying. Im just saying its not "useless" at this point, which is the argument i see a lot.
    What is usually meant - is that flying is the best thing for leveling alts and some other casual activities. Players start to do it, when they run out of other activities to do. For majority of playerbase of happens within 1-2 months after release of xpack, when newness/exploration effect fades. And if they do all of this content without flying, instead of unsubbing and waiting for flying, then they no longer need flying, when it becomes available.
    We play RPG - not adventure and/or platformer, like Tomb Rider or Assassin's Creed.
    Blizzard should either remove features, that don't fit into RPG genre, or enable flying to avoid them for players, who don't like them.
    Flying - is like ability to turn PVP-flag off. It allows devs to design content purely for "PVPers" without risk of harming "PVEers".
    My perfect Wow.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post

    The game world gets sterile pretty fast. Questing/instances/farming don't force you to travel long distances in todays game. If you add flying for everyone with the start of the expansion you get the true "TBC experience" - killing of all immersive aspects of the MMO and turning it to a simple single-player game.
    1. Open World content is not the singular "immersive" aspect of (the) MMO, as Raids, BGs etc. r immersive per se (as event), per lore (as story-vehicles), per loot (yes, loot is amazing)

    2. so the Open World gets sterile quick, y? ground-travel just prolongues this process of Open-World-Fatigue, hm?
    this seems to be not a player perception/expectation, but a design issue...
    not to me btw, i like to enjoy Open World in its verticality, as i already fly (via https://de.wowhead.com/item=40727/gn...tationsbrunnen +gliders) long before pathfinder patches.

    3.pl still gather at Elite WQs, rares (r announced), WQ addons etc., as they did before pathfinder.

    4. its a (demanded) change in player-mentality, as content is massive and Vanilla groundslog grindfests routdated boring. flying was the revolution Vanilla needed. cuz it was immersive to ground-slog 10 mins from Ironforge to BRD, right.

    5. but the best thing on flying is: flying is optional. Anti-Flyers most abused contra-argument is, that they r forced to fly, cuz everyone else does. i wonder, if the Anti-fly community is that major (as some vocally pretend) y dont just the half (of u few) do opt out of flying and regain ur Vanilla-Groundslog experience, hm?
    Last edited by Final Verdict; 2019-07-22 at 01:12 PM.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    I see this argument a lot.

    "When we unlock flying its already too late into the expansion. Its at a point where it doesnt even matter"

    Dont know about you guys, but i must do all World PvP quests to reach Conquest cap (because i dont do rated arenas)
    Today i had to kill 35 players, some in Voldun, some in Nazjatar.
    And i felt like total crap for being the only one on group without flying.

    The ultimate humiliation was when in Nazjatar one guy had to use the "Taxi" flying mount on me, every single time, for 20 min.

    I was lucky we had a nice soul on the group to "taxi" me around...but...from now on, all World PvP quests will be a nightmare for me every week

    Disclaimer:
    Im not complaining i dont have flying. Im just saying its not "useless" at this point, which is the argument i see a lot.
    I guess people say that because, at this point in the game, there is not much to do in the world. WQ are mostly pointless except for alts, invasions are even more pointless since they only award up to 375 gear so it really doesn't matter for me that much that i can fly now.
    You are probably the exception since you do pvp quests but aside from that there isn't much out there.

  4. #64
    @OP : Yeah people like to shame for any reason they see fit (ilvl, spec talents, gear choices, choice of player name, etc). Just ignore it, just like the random banter in random battlegrounds. Obviously if you're doing a rare farm group or anything that involves flying, you'll need to find someone to taxi you. They're not going to wait around really, and you shouldn't waste your energy telling them to wait.

  5. #65
    Over 9000! OneWay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Tesseract
    Posts
    9,013
    Quote Originally Posted by PelinalWhitestrake View Post
    So we need to do all of the 99% of shit that all Xpacs ever since WoD does it because some idiots are too blind and envious of flying mounts?
    Nice logic pal

    Sadly we will never see Wrath levels of Map development ever again, which had Flying Mounts in Mind.
    You won't do 99% of shit in any scenario. I have never seen anyone being envious about something that is bad. Wrath maps were okay for that time, it was 2nd expansion after all. Naturally, game evolves and it gets better.
    "The Dark Lady chooses her champions well."

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    Just imagined being dazed and dismounted while on a flying mount, oof. Imagine minding your business and then some random anit-air mob throwing a harpoon to pull you :V
    Hey now, the pro flying movement have suggested this many times.

  7. #67
    Elemental Lord clevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Other Side of Azeroth
    Posts
    8,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Yep so Blizzard can put in mythic 450 itemlvl vendor for 20 gold. So now we have choice you can go progress raid or if you want save time you can buy it for little gold. Flying is not choice it never was and never will be. You use it or you are stupid.
    Of course it's a choice. No one is going to burst into your house and kill you if you don't fly.

    My point is obvious to anyone who can actually think - if people REALLY prefer the experience of being on the ground, they CAN choose that. IF they choose flight instead they were either a) lying or b) weak-willed.

    Also obvious is that they can fly when it's efficient, ride when they just want this experience they keep talking about. But don't keep saying 'but the experience on t he ground is SO MUCH BETTER" then fly. That's just hypocritical bullshit.

    To your point - of course almost everyone will choose to fly if they can. So let's put this "but riding on the ground is so much better" line to bed and realize that it's a lie.
    Last edited by clevin; 2019-07-22 at 05:51 PM.

  8. #68
    Scarab Lord Velshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    One with the Light
    Posts
    4,744
    Some people keep missing the point of it. Flying is just a spice convenient nothing more nothing less.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Wut? 500.000 gold just so you don't have to touch ground for a split second?

    Let's ignore the fact that even if you fly long enough so it actually aggroes i just keep flying and nothing happens... The no fly mechanic is a non issue in my experience.
    It isn't a non-issue. I would agree it is a minor issue, though.

    As to whether it's worth the money, that depends on how deep your pockets are. I've still got over 12 million left after buying the auction brontosaurus. All "earned" from table missions in WoD and Legion. Point is it's more than just a cosmetic mount, which is worth pointing out.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2019-07-22 at 07:46 PM.

  10. #70
    It literally takes a week to get flying jesus people are so dramatic

    - - - Updated - - -

    Legion wasn't that bad without flying for me - aside from Argus, most zones were pretty easy to navigate and weren't to big - BFA is the opposite, especially Nazjatar, I've never felt greater relief getting flying than I did in BFA

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    I see this argument a lot.

    "When we unlock flying its already too late into the expansion. Its at a point where it doesnt even matter"

    Dont know about you guys, but i must do all World PvP quests to reach Conquest cap (because i dont do rated arenas)
    Today i had to kill 35 players, some in Voldun, some in Nazjatar.
    And i felt like total crap for being the only one on group without flying.

    The ultimate humiliation was when in Nazjatar one guy had to use the "Taxi" flying mount on me, every single time, for 20 min.

    I was lucky we had a nice soul on the group to "taxi" me around...but...from now on, all World PvP quests will be a nightmare for me every week

    Disclaimer:
    Im not complaining i dont have flying. Im just saying its not "useless" at this point, which is the argument i see a lot.
    The concept of "useless" comes from the fact that all it does is what we were already doing but faster/easier. In TBC you needed flying to reach the mechanar instances up in the sky and shit like that, there was design that REQUIRED flying. There's none of that now, it offers no tangible practical use, it's just a quality of life buff. This patch should have come with content that is only available with flying.

  12. #72
    Yes, that would have been much better. Aerial fortresses in Mechagon, floating water bubbles in Nazjatar, coulda been sweet.

  13. #73
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    18,801
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    So YOU need to decide what's more important to YOU... that immersion or time. But that's a decision that you should make *for yourself* and for those of us who care less about your immersion, we should have the option to simply fly.

    In case it's not clear to you, the point I'm making is that if flight is in the game people like yourself have both options. When it's not, people who woold prefer to fly do NOT have that option. You're not hurt by it existing. Pro-flight folks are in fact limited ('hurt') by it not existing.

    PS: It should not need to be said, but... it's also not like you can't decide different things at different times. YOu're not locked into flying all the time once you fly nor are you prevented from doing it. Enjoy the ground in Nazjatar and have the time to deal with it? Ride on the ground. Want to knock out some WQ stuff really fast before dinner? Fly.
    Yeah, no shit.
    No need to be an asshole. I literally said and I quote:

    "Before anyone says "well, run around then." I do, sometimes, but it is not remotely efficient, the game basically forces you to fly if you want to be remotely smart with your time."

    Read my whole post, dick, or don't reply at all. Now come down from your soapbox.
    Currently playing WoW & Path of Exile: Legion
    YAY NEW COMPUTER: i9-9900K@5.0GHz | Noctua NH-D15 | eVGA GTX 1080 Ti 2GHz FTW3 Hybrid | 32GB DDR4 | 256GB NVMe | 1.75TB SSD |
    Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | 7TB HDD | SeaSonic 750w 80+ Titanium PRIME | Chassis TBD
    Samsung 34" 3440x1440 Curved | Schiit MODI 2 + ASGARD 2 + Buzz Off | Sennheiser HD 598 | Presonus Eris E5*2 | KRK 10S | Shure BETA 58A

    Canon 5D Mark IV | Canon 7D Mark II | 24-70mm f/2.8 L II IS USM | 70-200mm f/2.8 L II IS USM | 100mm f/2.8 L IS USM MACRO |
    Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 Art | Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Sport

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •