Does Ashara have a secret mythic mechanic?

Method knew that Za'qul had one before they have been on this boss, is Ashara known to have a secret phase?
    Some speculated that after the end cinematic, N'zoth rezzed ashara and he will beef her up after Mythic kill and she will return with more power

They want the lore to be accessible to everyone. So she may have one, but it shouldn't be that important.

They'll probably try to avoid the WoD Archimonde nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    They want the lore to be accessible to everyone. So she may have one, but it shouldn't be that important.

They'll probably try to avoid the WoD Archimonde nonsense
    And Highmaul.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    And Highmaul.
    Highmaul was less of a problem as it was not linked to a cinematic.
    But sure it might look like a mess for casual players... Cho'gall appears at the beginning of Highmaul to never be seen again

Dont understand people saying secret phases are bad. They are the most epic!! Seeing something new and mysterious for the first time is an epic feeling. I miss the times of the secret phases.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there should be secret phases that don't include major story points that lock out 95% of the player base. In saying that, secret phases should be a thing on mythic to add extra flavor, just nothing major storywise.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    I think there should be secret phases that don't include major story points that lock out 95% of the player base. In saying that, secret phases should be a thing on mythic to add extra flavor, just nothing major storywise.
    What does it matter? You can youtube it. Or do the fight next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    It's mostly principle. Story should be told for the wider audience, adding important bits of lore behind content only 5% do in that expansion is counter productive to the idea of telling the story of the expansion. I'm not entirely against secret encounters in Mythic, just not where telling important bits of story is concerned, hell I've done my fair share of Mythic content myself but have since had no time for that life anymore.

The idea of having to youtube a bit of lore/story because it's gated behind something only 5% of the game's pop does, isn't a great thing. Things like Cho'gall appearing at the end of Highmaul Mythic made no sense because if you did the story of that zone, you have no idea where he goes, he just up and vanishes because the story wasn't told for a wider audience, that wasn't a smart play. It creates disconnect with the wider audience because in Nagrand a story was told and then it leads nowhere unless you were apart of that small percentage that did the content in the expansion.

Like I said, Mythic secret encounters are great but not at the cost of a zone's story leading nowhere for the wider audience. It isn't smart gameplay to have to then youtube something like that. It doesn't make the game feel enjoyable.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2019-07-21 at 08:42 PM.

What about NH M guldan? That was a secret mechanic with lore implications.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    What about NH M guldan? That was a secret mechanic with lore implications.
    It was a lot less damning than Cho'gall only appearing in Mythic or Archimonde's real fate only being showcased in Mythic. Illidan's Demon Within manifesting was just another obstacle on our way, same with Argus turning red in Antorus.

As for Azshara, given that she has four phases and two intermissions baseline, I very much doubt there's a secret phase anywhere, unless A) Blizzard are sadistic and want to make this an exceptionally brutal 15+ minute fight or B) the dungeon journal is lying.

Agreed. Mythic only phases with huge lore implications are stupid. I'm already pissed that Mythic Za'qul has a secret phase that involves a goddamn faction leader going hostile, with massive implications as to whether they'll be compromised in the next expansion still up in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    Agreed. Mythic only phases with huge lore implications are stupid. I'm already pissed that Mythic Za'qul has a secret phase that involves a goddamn faction leader going hostile, with massive implications as to whether they'll be compromised in the next expansion still up in the air.
    Hey, the method streams are a bit hard to follow, can you please tell me what happens to Thalyssra? Dungeon journal says that she goes coocoo but dunno more. Like, what does she do exactly etc?

And regarding the topic, I do not mind mythic only phases having lore implications. Mythic only phases without a dungeon journal entry are fun, too. With lore, you can just get the most of it in kill vids or w/e.

I honestly don't think it has a secret phase.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    Yeah I quite liked Sinestra and Ra-den mythic only bosses. The story line was all completed and they were just an additional cool thing for high end players that nobody else really needed to see.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Hey, the method streams are a bit hard to follow, can you please tell me what happens to Thalyssra? Dungeon journal says that she goes coocoo but dunno more. Like, what does she do exactly etc?
    Honestly haven't seen it at all, but I think we fight her? We don't kill her, but that doesn't bode well for a future where N'zoth is the big bad. If some random faceless took over her mind, she's almost guaranteed to join the forces of the Black Empire in the next raid even if not by choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    And you can coles notes the books, but that doesn’t keep the game from looking like a weird disjointed mess when important events aren’t shown. AU Cho’gal and Archimonde being written off in only mythic was really cool but none the less awkward for players who don’t do mythic raiding.

There are tons of lore aspects in the game that people probably aren't aware of or have not experienced, mostly out of choice and not necessarily because it's gated behind mythic raiding. One I tend to remember (because it was interesting and fun) was the appearance of Wrathion. Most of my friends thought he just appeared out of nowhere in MoP, but he was very present in Cataclysm... but you had to do several aspects of the game to see it. The most accessible portion was in the Badlands questline, but the most "exclusive" part was the Fangs of the Father legendary weapon questline for rogues. It's all connected and explains what's going on in the background, but I guarantee most people didn't experience this lore when it was current content. The point is this: having mythic-only lore as a general concept is nothing new, nor does it preclude you from following the main lore... unless it's some weird AU stuff, but at that point it likely has no bearing on the lore.

When it comes to Azshara, until the encounter is defeated we may not know the full implications when it comes to lore. However, I highly doubt it'd have a major impact on the storyline to where not killing it on mythic leaves you completely unable to follow the lore.

*edit* - forgot to mention the most obvious "gated" lore, and that would be artifact weapons and class hall storylines in Legion. It's gated by having max level classes and playing all the specs, but that's still quite a bit of effort to experience all the lore.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2019-07-22 at 05:29 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    All she does is keep up a portal really:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9_OO3EioMo

Helping us stay in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    Honestly haven't seen it at all, but I think we fight her?
    Nope.
    Look above.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2019-07-22 at 05:35 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal