Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account

Classic walkthrough maps

I was bored waiting around for Classic World of Warcraft to launch, so I made (modified) some maps to help tanks find their way through the Classic WoW instances. I hope these are useful for you & also hope you don't make fun of my mediocre art skills.

https://playvanilla.blogspot.com/p/maps.html

Got a wave of jubilation looking at those mazes, from a time when "dungeon" didn't mean "corridor, boss, corridor, boss, corridor, final boss".
    Dat gud shit.
    Last edited by Akka; 2019-07-22 at 06:37 PM.

Very nice maps. I like that you took the time to put in the entrance routes, because some of them like Sunken Temple, were confusing as hell on first visits. (Especially since these places simply didn't HAVE in-game maps at the time. "Oh, you want to know where in BRD you are? Well here's a map of Eastern Kingdoms!")
    Last edited by Janaa; 2019-07-22 at 12:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendChris View Post
    I was bored waiting around for Classic World of Warcraft to launch, so I made (modified) some maps to help tanks find their way through the Classic WoW instances. I hope these are useful for you & also hope you don't make fun of my mediocre art skills.

Good job brother! Although I have all of these routes deeply burned into my brain, I'm sure they will help many of the people who never played Vanilla.

thanks for the great resource

Nice maps, downloading

Quote Originally Posted by Janaa View Post
    Very nice maps. I like that you took the time to put in the entrance routes, because some of them like Sunken Temple, were confusing as hell on first visits. (Especially since these places simply didn't HAVE in-game maps at the time. "Oh, you want to know where in BRD you are? Well here's a map of Eastern Kingdoms!")
    As much as these are cool, I love the confusion that we had in vanilla. You'd go in and want to explore because you didn't know where things were or what the 'optimal' path was.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thank you!
    I have downloaded all maps and added it to my carefully curated 1.12 resources folder

I still get lost in WC >.<
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

5+ Year Old Account
    Amazing, though I feel even with this map I’ll get lost in sunken temple.

Here I'll make some BC Dungeon Maps for you:
    Auchindoun Crypts: "--L--"
    Shadow Labyrinth: "L"
    Shattered Halls: "L-O"
    Blood Furnace: "L---L"
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

thanks for the memories

15+ Year Old Account

Great work, thanks!
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    I updated a few of these maps, if you have downloaded any of these please download the newer versions. Thanks.
    Blackfathom Deeps, Blackrock Depths, Blackrock Mountain, Dire Maul (E, N, W), Gnomeregan Entrance, Uldaman

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    I added captions to the page to make it easier to find the map you are looking for.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    I have updated the Blackrock Depths map to show a path to an optional boss that was originally omitted.

Nicely done. Nostalgia section of my brain is getting heated up while browsing these.

genuinely dont like this. because part of Vanilla, was blindly fumbling around your first few times, with your group. working together to figure it all out. not this "go to this website for 3 minutes before you start, so we can save 30 minutes" crap. discovery was a big part of wow, in the beginning. this takes that away, even if many of us have seen some version of various dungeons from later patches already. scholo as an example, was going to ruin players trying to beat the timer, on a 10 man dungeon that is merged back into 1 dungeon and not split to A and B. and the trash...all the trash all the dangerous dangerous trash. looking up optimal pathing already is going to ruin some of that classic element. I hope the t0 and t0.5 gear wont be plastered all over the place though, as classic raiding guilds form for end game stuff, too early

edit: not scholo...stratholme.
    Last edited by hynx; 2019-08-12 at 02:39 AM.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hynx View Post
    genuinely dont like this. because part of Vanilla, was blindly fumbling around your first few times, with your group. working together to figure it all out. not this "go to this website for 3 minutes before you start, so we can save 30 minutes" crap. discovery was a big part of wow, in the beginning. this takes that away, even if many of us have seen some version of various dungeons from later patches already. scholo as an example, was going to ruin players trying to beat the timer, on a 10 man dungeon that is merged back into 1 dungeon and not split to A and B. and the trash...all the trash all the dangerous dangerous trash. looking up optimal pathing already is going to ruin some of that classic element. I hope the t0 and t0.5 gear wont be plastered all over the place though, as classic raiding guilds form for end game stuff, too early

edit: not scholo...stratholme.
    That is the beauty of choice, you don't have to use the maps if you don't want to. A lot of people have already done this content & don't want to "fumble around" this time. Either way is fine.