Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hittion View Post
    There isn't enough compelling content to just allow players to have things anymore.
    there never was.

people just didnt whine about yet untill like cata because previously they were busy leveling alts and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    EVERY SINGLE expansion has had time gated reps of some type or anther,

Classic - Thousand sands, Hydraxian Waterlords
    BC - every single one with dailys
    Wrath - you guessed it dailys, tabards introduced for some but not all reps.
    Cata - oh my god dailys? you guessed it, tabars still here,
    Mop - have a guess, tabards now limited to factions
    WOD - who would have thought but you gussed it dailys, tabards no longer work, unless in that expac or lvling,
    Legion - World Quests.... tabards stopped working.
    BFA - World Quests....

the rep grinds have actually gotten more limited and harder to get yes,

Classic you could farm mobs for turn ins, BC some of the reps allowed this, Wrath had little to none, Cata had none.

the point is, every expansion has had a time gating of some type or another,

stop remembering what you want to, and ignoring the rest.
    the thing is, dailies in previous expansions gave 250 rep. Now everytime i complete WQ, even elite one, and see +75 i die a little inside...

gotta love all the clowns in this thread comparing retail timegating to previous good expansions. Timegating in those expansions didn't diminish your gameplay, while in retail you need rep to be able to fly, get bis azurite essence trash (the grind for that is insane nothing is this bad).

There's a reason this trash heap is dying and the clowns who still eat blizzards shit will continue to deny it even if they're the only ones left playing.

Blizzard doesn't even like it's players and think the players are retards from the Q&A's, which is true if you're still playing retail.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    the thing is, dailies in previous expansions gave 250 rep. Now everytime i complete WQ, even elite one, and see +75 i die a little inside...
    Except the Mechagon daily gives 850 rep, and the unshackled have one emissary cache (1500 rep) every week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time gating is a thing that exists in MMORPG's. More news at 6.

It's really not as bad as you're claiming. This is coming from somebody that got flying within a week of the patch being out. Stop being a sour puss and grind it out, welcome to the genre of MMO's.

Quote Originally Posted by itzLCD View Post
    I desperately miss the good ol days when rep grinds weren't gated and if you had the time then you could grind as much as you wanted. You were able to run dungeons over and over again for your favorite faction, throw on a tabard, do normal quests etc...now everything is locked behind weeklys and dailies to help extend subscriptions

I'm just so frustrated as a returning player to BFA who hasn't been keeping up with the all the different factions. I don't mind doing the grind to earn what I want like the allied races and flying but good grief if I have the time to play why can't I just go until my hearts content?
    People never had a problem with this in Classic or later on when similar factions had the same issue. Why is it such a huge issue now? Is it because majority of the reps are slowed down in progress compared to the past where there were a handful?

Raid reps were always time gated. BC had Ogri'lla / Skyguard and many more in each expansion.

WOD - who would have thought but you gussed it dailys, tabards no longer work, unless in that expac or lvling,
    What are you talking about? WoD was nothing but GRINDING eputations. You could only get rep by grinding the fuck out of mobs. (I'm not including Tanaan cause that was later and it was one rep, the majority was mindless grinding) I do NOT want to go back to that shit, it's one of the biggest failures of WoD. I do miss the tabard and being able to do dungeons, because at least then you felt like you were getting something else out of your time, but yeah, WoD was one of the few NOT timegated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    Seriously why did they even remove them i will never understand.
    It's just another change within their philosophy to dictate every single part of your play scheducle, content, and progression.
    It's call retention. Think about it, previously you had a BiS list. You knew when you were done with the content. I got XYZ and I'm good until next bit of content comes out.

Now it's well there are just so many potential upgrades. M+ might TF to cap, Raid might TF to cap, don't need to worry about tier gear but let's make sure we got the right Azerite Armor with the 2~3 best traits.

However, this is only half the problem. Because now we need something else that gives player some "measurable" amount of progression when RNG decides not to award loot. Hence the birth of Artifact Power. Now even if I don't get loot at least I got something that might eventually equate to some degree of power today compared to yesterday.

But Blizzard can't have AP grow too much otherwise there would be a power difference between the grinded versus not grinded. So we also now get Artifact Knowledge that scales gains so that even if you started 3 months into the expansion you could still "catch up" with most of the playerbase (excluding the grinded).
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zexism View Post
    tbc had 2 factions which you could grind out in exactly one day, if you were dedicated enough

and timegating always and always will be shit

people complained back then and they still complain now
    With that logic, so does bfa. You can grind Island Expeditions into insanity to get more rep.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Nothing from Islands is guaranteed.
    I know you don't play the game but dubloons are pretty much guaranteed these days. And since 8.1.5 a vendor sells those rep tokens for 100 dubloons. So it's about 5 mythic islands for one. Grind away.

Imo they should just mix it up a little. If there are like 5-7 reps at the start of the expansion make 2 from daily quests that advance the story, 1 from a raid (a la keepers of time or BT), 1 from dungeons, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    So complaining 12 years on? Same shit different xpac? An intelligent person would move on.
    everyone is moving on the game is dying for good

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    This one is true...also they will complain in the future.

Complaints before were that people burned out, so caps were set at one point even to dailies IIRC.

And I swear, the moment they remove any restriction, you get 1 rep per mob kill, but 75-150 for a daily, so it would not be dedication, but insanity to grind mobs. Oh...they will probably also put a tag limit on mobs, so you can't zerg them with a raidgroup. Or only make elites give rep...or mob rep only goes to 5999/6000.

They want you to play the game as long as possible and will pass it off as preventing you to burn out.

..not (IMHO) when it was part of a system where you needed to run normal 5 mans to revered and then unlock the heroic version. Yep, that was done in TBC, when Blizzard couldn't do wrong and devs were gods. That shit would not fly back now and I hated it back then.

Also the artificial assignment where you could get rep made no sense. I mean...Slave Pens gave you rep with the Cenarions, but the bloody raidzone, the goal and focus point of the story in that zone, the final enemy for that faction gave ...none?

Also, Tabard systems worked differently in different x-pacs...so pick the one you liked.
    skettis grind was perfect imo. iirc you could grind the shatt rep to exalted there and it worked really well even at a low gain rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Want to "grind"? Then go kill the coral treants for the item that grants 250 rep for the Ankoan and exp for your bodyguards. There's no daily limit for their drop.
    But then it will be too grindy omegalul. People complain because they want to. It's fucking easy to get rep now and they know it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Sadly, they are once a week to prevent people farming as they desire

We have to play the way Blizz wants us to, at their pace or not at all basically
    And still people hit revered with both nazjatar faction and rustbolt within few days. Because they were grinding. It's a non-issue and either way it's going to be boring. And don't give me the classic was so rep-friendly again, it was tedious and slow af, just like blizzard wanted it to be. I bet they had to keep the subs from not expiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    The "good old days" is Cata. You could just throw on a tabard and run dungeons endlessly, which is what most people I knew did. A lot more fun than today where you log on, do 6 quests, then log off, then tomorrow, come back and do the same quests again. The time gating sucks, and the easy, stupid questing sucks more.
    yeah cata. everyone loved cata right?

Classic - Thousand sands, Hydraxian Waterlords
    BC - every single one with dailys
    Wrath - you guessed it dailys, tabards introduced for some but not all reps.
    Cata - oh my god dailys? you guessed it, tabars still here,
    Mop - have a guess, tabards now limited to factions
    Legion - World Quests.... tabards stopped working.
    BFA - World Quests....

the rep grinds have actually gotten more limited and harder to get yes,

Classic you could farm mobs for turn ins, BC some of the reps allowed this, Wrath had little to none, Cata had none.

the point is, every expansion has had a time gating of some type or another,

stop remembering what you want to, and ignoring the rest.
    Yas daddy! Educate the children!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by itzLCD View Post
    I desperately miss the good ol days when rep grinds weren't gated and if you had the time then you could grind as much as you wanted. You were able to run dungeons over and over again for your favorite faction, throw on a tabard, do normal quests etc...now everything is locked behind weeklys and dailies to help extend subscriptions

I'm just so frustrated as a returning player to BFA who hasn't been keeping up with the all the different factions. I don't mind doing the grind to earn what I want like the allied races and flying but good grief if I have the time to play why can't I just go until my hearts content?
    Agree. Simple grind was just better. If i had a free weekend or some just more free time in week i just could grind it up. Now if i dont have time to just do daily i feels like i get penalty because of it and you know. It is penalty because i cant do advance on free time.
    Last edited by czarek; 2019-07-25 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Hmm? The rep is done within a month regardless. So you don't get extra months of sub from rep time gating.
    Stop, don't discourage them. Because it's true that Blizzard wants us to be subbed forever. They started this with WoW in 2004. Everything to keep us subbed! Damn them for making awesome raids and dungeons all these years. Greedy Blizzvision!

With a hint of sarcasm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Did it even take a month? Many of us were flying in the first reset and hit exalted on the day the raid released.

But somehow that's severe timegating . . .
    Yeah. Getting revered was on a weekly lockout so people had to rush to get there before first week ended... Next up, Blizzard planning to do a year to year Sub to be sure that people are subbed for at least a year since people managed to hit exalted within a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    But then it will be too grindy omegalul. People complain because they want to. It's fucking easy to get rep now and they know it.

- - - Updated - - -

And still people hit revered with both nazjatar faction and rustbolt within few days. Because they were grinding. It's a non-issue and either way it's going to be boring. And don't give me the classic was so rep-friendly again, it was tedious and slow af, just like blizzard wanted it to be. I bet they had to keep the subs from not expiring.
    Fun fact; I can hit max rank in a rep in classic faster than you can retail since I’m allowed to just grind mobs.

I got timbermaw in a single sitting.

You can’t do that now because Blizz holds you back and dictates your pace rather than the other way around.

You sound a bit ridiculous denying what’s wrong with the rep gating. The first flying wasn’t for 10 days so spare me the grind nonsense.

Back in vanilla, someone would’ve had it day 1

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    What the fuck are you talking about? Try to stick to the topic champ.

You're the liar here.

Having one or two reps gated over an entire expansion arc isn't the same as having EVERY SINGLE REP gated daily by minimal amount of shitty WQs or other activities.

Also - Lmfao at your example of Netherwing. That is what we call an "acceptable" time gate. Like raising Kuafon in BfA. You're working towards something daily. Raising a pet mount.

An example of an unacceptable time-gate?

Literally advertising Allied Races on the box and then forcing people to go through an arduous daily time-gated rep grind. Especially new players who bought the game expecting to be able to play a Dark Iron Dwarf only to realize they have to level a complete character they don't want to play then spend an extra few weeks grinding rep on it.

You really need to work on your defense. It's weak.
    Again your memory can’t be very good as I never said any thing about every single rep or any thing about reps being acceptable or not.

We have had daily gates reps since tbc that’s just a fact.

For some one who likes to call others Liars you sure like to make up stuff they never said, proabbly comes with the faulty memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Again your memory can’t be very good as I never said any thing about every single rep or any thing about reps being acceptable or not.

We have had daily gates reps since tbc that’s just a fact.

For some one who likes to call others Liars you sure like to make up stuff they never said, proabbly comes with the faulty memory.
    It was handled better in the past imo with attunements.

That said, while dailies and gating have been around since tbc it’s also pretty undeniable that over time blizzard has leaned more and more on these mechanics to set the pace for how they want the game to be played rather than letting the player dictate the terms