Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    The developers think that having a chance for a good item is more engaging than getting a guaranteed predictable item after working for some hours.

They want slot machines.

The only real results are more addicts, and not more engaged players. As that skinner box effect is highly addictive.

Yet, it gives no real fun gameplay, and people burn out doing things just for the rewards.

Actually, the WoW devs are modern drug dealers, without selling physical drugs. They sell mind drugs.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by itzLCD View Post
    I desperately miss the good ol days when rep grinds weren't gated and if you had the time then you could grind as much as you wanted. You were able to run dungeons over and over again for your favorite faction, throw on a tabard, do normal quests etc...now everything is locked behind weeklys and dailies to help extend subscriptions

I'm just so frustrated as a returning player to BFA who hasn't been keeping up with the all the different factions. I don't mind doing the grind to earn what I want like the allied races and flying but good grief if I have the time to play why can't I just go until my hearts content?
    I totally agree.

This is the kind of shit that makes WoW feel more like a chore than satisfying work. Blizzard has WoW in shackles because they know that if they don't limit their content people will breeze right through it causing them to burn out due to the lack of end game content (FUN and REWARDING end game content I should say) and quit the game which means less money for them. Blizzard doesn't want that so they add a bunch of WQs and dailies that reward you with the bare fucking minimum just to keep you coming back. In my opinion this is poor game design and it's just lazy.

Funny thing is people get tired of WoW even faster when they're told that they can't do any more of the current content and to come back tomorrow. Even more so when the rewards are so minimal that it actually demoralizes you from doing any more because it feels like you're getting next to nothing. At least that's my experience. I want to continue playing the game but I keep hitting that time wall and it makes me want to go play or do something else. I mean is that what Blizzard's intentions are?

Blizzard will never stop time-gated as it allows for hardcore players to get too far ahead of other players.
    To be honest, nothing should be time gated. Even Classic content, just release it all at once.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by itzLCD View Post
    I desperately miss the good ol days when rep grinds weren't gated and if you had the time then you could grind as much as you wanted. You were able to run dungeons over and over again for your favorite faction, throw on a tabard, do normal quests etc...now everything is locked behind weeklys and dailies to help extend subscriptions

I'm just so frustrated as a returning player to BFA who hasn't been keeping up with the all the different factions. I don't mind doing the grind to earn what I want like the allied races and flying but good grief if I have the time to play why can't I just go until my hearts content?
    As one that has ground out 95 reps to exalted and many were far worse than any grind in the last few expansion. Every expansion, including Vanilla has had some level of gating when it came to rep grinding, with an exception of a few here and there. The bulk of the rep grinds required some level of investment, whether one wore a tabard or collected and farmed items for turn in's for rep. If anything rep grinding has gotten easier over the course of time, not worse. Things like World Quest, and Warmode have given the ability gain rep far more quickly than running the same dungeon 20 damn times or more.

If anything rep grinding has gotten pretty soft over the course of time. Many of the older reps were a literal pain in the a$$ and far worse than anything since Vanilla. Course there are a few exceptions along the way, the closest in recent history would be Laughing Skull, which was more inline with the rep grinds of old. When I mean old, I mean prior to dungeon rep grinding in Wrath with a tabard on. IMO Blizzard went the wrong way with rep grinding when they gave the ability to do so through the use of a tabard in Wrath. Yes, there were a few in the older content that used a tabard, but they were not as widely used as they became so in Wrath.

This an MMO and as such it should have some level of grind and that grind should matter, especially if there is something of use to the player trying to obtain the items being offered. If anything, Blizzard has gotten soft in many parts and aspects of this game and in the places that should matter more than others.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Fun fact; I can hit max rank in a rep in classic faster than you can retail since I’m allowed to just grind mobs.

I got timbermaw in a single sitting.

You can’t do that now because Blizz holds you back and dictates your pace rather than the other way around.

You sound a bit ridiculous denying what’s wrong with the rep gating. The first flying wasn’t for 10 days so spare me the grind nonsense.

Back in vanilla, someone would’ve had it day 1
    Fun fact, it took 6 days to get flying. Lying only get you places if people don't call you out on it. Someone who claims it took 10 days when it was almost half of it, now that sound ridiculous.

We always had rep-gating, especially on rep that matters since vanilla.

I didn't say anything about what's faster, that's an issue you see I guess. I don't because rep matters so little in the long run. You could grind Timbermaw rep in one day in Vanilla because it didn't matter. It was tedious and slow af, that point still stand.

Now, let's take An'qiraj dailies. That was rep-gating, but I bet you still loved that because it was in vanilla right? Blizzard had to keep you subbed I guess