Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    No, because then you would be done with all the "content" in about 3 days.
    but if someone CHOOSES to burn through the content in 3 days to get through the rep; that's a personal choice and comes with other consequences such as lost income irl, etc.

    Blizzard choosing the pace i consume content is so very mobile game of them, and lacks imagination.

    Give us rep tabards, rep for mob kills, rep for dailies/WQ... give it ALL to the players and let the player choose how they gobble it up

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    EVERY SINGLE expansion has had time gated reps of some type or anther,

    Classic - Thousand sands, Hydraxian Waterlords
    BC - every single one with dailys
    Wrath - you guessed it dailys, tabards introduced for some but not all reps.
    Cata - oh my god dailys? you guessed it, tabars still here,
    Mop - have a guess, tabards now limited to factions
    WOD - who would have thought but you gussed it dailys, tabards no longer work, unless in that expac or lvling,
    Legion - World Quests.... tabards stopped working.
    BFA - World Quests....

    the rep grinds have actually gotten more limited and harder to get yes,

    Classic you could farm mobs for turn ins, BC some of the reps allowed this, Wrath had little to none, Cata had none.

    the point is, every expansion has had a time gating of some type or another,

    stop remembering what you want to, and ignoring the rest.
    In WoD the rep was only timegated with main tanaan jungle faction. EVERY OTHER FACTION you COULD kill just mobs all day which gave 1-10 rep kill and it depended on how strong the mob was grinded every rep to max in a week just killing world npcs. Oh nearly everyone hated the grind.

    Also in MoP you could put a focus on a rep faction and grind scenarious all day long so no timegating it wasn't very fun though but thats besides the point.


    But yeah the OP is just remembering the "good" and glorifying them.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    "it's still slower than in older expansions"

    "I'm talking about 8.0 reps"
    Oh my god. So since you are not that bright, ill explain it to you.

    I said grinding reps was a lot faster and better in older expansions (even taking into the account Nazjatar / Mechagon).
    You say that people grinded Nazjatar and Mechagon to revered (which, remember, is half of the rep grind).
    I agreed that Nazjatar and Mechagon feels a lot better than 8.0. Still not as good as in previous expansions.

    your point is? Please do explain it to me how what i said is false. Hint: its not.

    edit: lol this guy below. I give up, discussion with such people is a waste of time.
    Last edited by keymil; 2019-07-25 at 03:49 PM.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Oh my god. So since you are not that bright, ill explain it to you.

    I said grinding reps was a lot faster and better in older expansions (even taking into the account Nazjatar / Mechagon).
    You say that people grinded Nazjatar and Mechagon to revered (which, remember, is half of the rep grind).
    I agreed that Nazjatar and Mechagon feels a lot better than 8.0. Still not as good as in previous expansions.

    your point is? Please do explain it to me how what i said is false. Hint: its not.
    My point is: grinding the Mechagon/Nazjatar reputations is not that much slower than in previous expansions.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    My point is: grinding the Mechagon/Nazjatar reputations is not that much slower than in previous expansions.
    but it is, because blizzard is choosing how fast i can consume the content.

    Like others have said; put a small amount of rep on some mobs and let those who wanna grind, grind.

    who does it hurt?

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    but it is, because blizzard is choosing how fast i can consume the content.

    Like others have said; put a small amount of rep on some mobs and let those who wanna grind, grind.

    who does it hurt?
    Because the very same people will whine and complain about how it's tedious and boring and unimaginative from Blizzard to get reputations by grinding mobs. The last time Blizzard did it in WoD, it was atrocious.

    Another reason could be that Blizzard wants to save you from yourself, prevent you from burning too much. The same way Blizz responded to the people that were grinding AP at an absurd level in Legion. https://clips.twitch.tv/MistyFragileGarbageSeemsGood from Ion
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2019-07-25 at 02:29 PM.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by itzLCD View Post
    I desperately miss the good ol days when rep grinds weren't gated and if you had the time then you could grind as much as you wanted. You were able to run dungeons over and over again for your favorite faction, throw on a tabard, do normal quests etc...now everything is locked behind weeklys and dailies to help extend subscriptions

    I'm just so frustrated as a returning player to BFA who hasn't been keeping up with the all the different factions. I don't mind doing the grind to earn what I want like the allied races and flying but good grief if I have the time to play why can't I just go until my hearts content?
    "How can we prolong content" is the current main design philosophy of Blizzard. It's probably not going to change.

  8. #128
    people are hacking the game and getting flying off the bat.

  9. #129
    More than reputations, I see two major issues:

    1) Artifact power
    2) Not separate game modes

    Regards artifact power, you have to grind in order to unlock stuff ( and it's not account bound stuff, but per character. An endless progression ).
    On the other hand, we do have many game modes which requires you to play other game modes in order to compete.

    In order to solve the Artifact power issue, i see 2 possibilities:

    a) Remove it from the game ( if players won't have anything else to do, then they could simply play something else. Or even better, blizzard could provvide better content ( since the game takes money from subs, services, pets, mounts, etc ).
    b) Make it account shared, allowing the player to play the game without thinking about the artifact stuff.

    About solving the problems related to different game modes, simply put a cap in terms of equipment and limits in term of stuff you can use in it.
    For an instance, Rated Arena are currently a total mess because of pve stuff ruining them since the beginning of BFA.

    And what is even more hilarious is that during Tournaments, pve stuff is forbidden.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    What are you talking about? WoD was nothing but GRINDING eputations. You could only get rep by grinding the fuck out of mobs. (I'm not including Tanaan cause that was later and it was one rep, the majority was mindless grinding) I do NOT want to go back to that shit, it's one of the biggest failures of WoD. I do miss the tabard and being able to do dungeons, because at least then you felt like you were getting something else out of your time, but yeah, WoD was one of the few NOT timegated.
    The problem with the tabard system was that it combined with other things like valor points and led to a situation where the only, or even optimal, means of obtaining what you wanted was through endlessly grinding dungeons. And it lead to burnout.

  11. #131
    The developers think that having a chance for a good item is more engaging than getting a guaranteed predictable item after working for some hours.

    They want slot machines.

    The only real results are more addicts, and not more engaged players. As that skinner box effect is highly addictive.

    Yet, it gives no real fun gameplay, and people burn out doing things just for the rewards.

    Actually, the WoW devs are modern drug dealers, without selling physical drugs. They sell mind drugs.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by itzLCD View Post
    I desperately miss the good ol days when rep grinds weren't gated and if you had the time then you could grind as much as you wanted. You were able to run dungeons over and over again for your favorite faction, throw on a tabard, do normal quests etc...now everything is locked behind weeklys and dailies to help extend subscriptions

    I'm just so frustrated as a returning player to BFA who hasn't been keeping up with the all the different factions. I don't mind doing the grind to earn what I want like the allied races and flying but good grief if I have the time to play why can't I just go until my hearts content?
    I totally agree.

    This is the kind of shit that makes WoW feel more like a chore than satisfying work. Blizzard has WoW in shackles because they know that if they don't limit their content people will breeze right through it causing them to burn out due to the lack of end game content (FUN and REWARDING end game content I should say) and quit the game which means less money for them. Blizzard doesn't want that so they add a bunch of WQs and dailies that reward you with the bare fucking minimum just to keep you coming back. In my opinion this is poor game design and it's just lazy.

    Funny thing is people get tired of WoW even faster when they're told that they can't do any more of the current content and to come back tomorrow. Even more so when the rewards are so minimal that it actually demoralizes you from doing any more because it feels like you're getting next to nothing. At least that's my experience. I want to continue playing the game but I keep hitting that time wall and it makes me want to go play or do something else. I mean is that what Blizzard's intentions are?

  13. #133
    Blizzard will never stop time-gated as it allows for hardcore players to get too far ahead of other players.
    To be honest, nothing should be time gated. Even Classic content, just release it all at once.

  14. #134
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,498
    Quote Originally Posted by itzLCD View Post
    I desperately miss the good ol days when rep grinds weren't gated and if you had the time then you could grind as much as you wanted. You were able to run dungeons over and over again for your favorite faction, throw on a tabard, do normal quests etc...now everything is locked behind weeklys and dailies to help extend subscriptions

    I'm just so frustrated as a returning player to BFA who hasn't been keeping up with the all the different factions. I don't mind doing the grind to earn what I want like the allied races and flying but good grief if I have the time to play why can't I just go until my hearts content?
    As one that has ground out 95 reps to exalted and many were far worse than any grind in the last few expansion. Every expansion, including Vanilla has had some level of gating when it came to rep grinding, with an exception of a few here and there. The bulk of the rep grinds required some level of investment, whether one wore a tabard or collected and farmed items for turn in's for rep. If anything rep grinding has gotten easier over the course of time, not worse. Things like World Quest, and Warmode have given the ability gain rep far more quickly than running the same dungeon 20 damn times or more.

    If anything rep grinding has gotten pretty soft over the course of time. Many of the older reps were a literal pain in the a$$ and far worse than anything since Vanilla. Course there are a few exceptions along the way, the closest in recent history would be Laughing Skull, which was more inline with the rep grinds of old. When I mean old, I mean prior to dungeon rep grinding in Wrath with a tabard on. IMO Blizzard went the wrong way with rep grinding when they gave the ability to do so through the use of a tabard in Wrath. Yes, there were a few in the older content that used a tabard, but they were not as widely used as they became so in Wrath.

    This an MMO and as such it should have some level of grind and that grind should matter, especially if there is something of use to the player trying to obtain the items being offered. If anything, Blizzard has gotten soft in many parts and aspects of this game and in the places that should matter more than others.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Fun fact; I can hit max rank in a rep in classic faster than you can retail since I’m allowed to just grind mobs.

    I got timbermaw in a single sitting.

    You can’t do that now because Blizz holds you back and dictates your pace rather than the other way around.

    You sound a bit ridiculous denying what’s wrong with the rep gating. The first flying wasn’t for 10 days so spare me the grind nonsense.

    Back in vanilla, someone would’ve had it day 1
    Fun fact, it took 6 days to get flying. Lying only get you places if people don't call you out on it. Someone who claims it took 10 days when it was almost half of it, now that sound ridiculous.

    We always had rep-gating, especially on rep that matters since vanilla.

    I didn't say anything about what's faster, that's an issue you see I guess. I don't because rep matters so little in the long run. You could grind Timbermaw rep in one day in Vanilla because it didn't matter. It was tedious and slow af, that point still stand.

    Now, let's take An'qiraj dailies. That was rep-gating, but I bet you still loved that because it was in vanilla right? Blizzard had to keep you subbed I guess
    Zandalari theme ftw! PURE GOLD!

    Horde bad, smash, monkey! Who is a good monkey? You are!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •