Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.

The Orc DK set would make me race change mine into one.

But these days we’ll be lucky if we ever see tier sets again. Never mind race specific ones.

People keep saying the art team is the only one not letting this game down. But aren’t they? Have you seen the majority of BfA’s sets? The only good ones we had were the Season 1 plate sets and a few non-plate season 2 sets.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2019-07-23 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Looks awsome but way too much effort to ever happen, it would be the exact opposite of what current armor design is, where you'd suddenly increase the work load by a factor of 16 instead of reducing it by a factor of 1/4 as BfA did.

- - - Updated - - -

Wth is wrong with you? The raid sets this time around are some of the worst I've ever seen in this game.

nah mate

you blind bro

Superblind
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-07-23 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    People keep saying the art team is the only one not letting this game down. But aren’t they? Have you seen the majority of BfA’s sets? The only good ones we had were the Season 1 plate sets and a few non-plate season 2 sets.
    These sets are higher quality. If you rotate them they shine. Also, the art team was busy making new races.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/tetvjpV.png
    nah mate
    https://i.imgur.com/Ya7FyqY.png
    you blind bro
    https://i.imgur.com/kZLbOg2.png
    Superblind
    Lol the most generic fin-plate ever and you fawn over that? Seriously, do you have no taste at all?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    These sets are higher quality. If you rotate them they shine. Also, the art team was busy making new races.
    I think most people refer to the enviromental arts team when they say that though. Because the levels and locations look stunning, but other aspects were not that well received, be it recycled mounts or alot alot of the sets. I think the last patch was especially bad on the sets department (better for mounts though), because previously we at least got unique warfront sets as well. With EP we are back to PvP being recycled PvE sets in better/unique color combinations.

nah mate

you blind bro

Superblind
    Pretty shitty. They could go for back fins cape like totem for heritage armor. Or other super shmancy things but nah. Sheeeit.

Lol the most generic fin-plate ever and you fawn over that? Seriously, do you have no taste at all?

- - - Updated - - -

I think most people refer to the enviromental arts team when they say that though. Because the levels and locations look stunning, but other aspects were not that well received, be it recycled mounts or alot alot of the sets. I think the last patch was especially bad on the sets department (better for mounts though), because previously we at least got unique warfront sets as well. With EP we are back to PvP being recycled PvE sets in better/unique color combinations.
    Animations and NPC models are nice aswell.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

For the ones I play, none of those stood out as anything I’d used :/

did this guy just make these for fun? no one is paying him? if that's the case then BLIZZARD START PAYING HIM AND STAY THE F OUT OF HIS WAY!
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

nah mate

you blind bro

Superblind
    I gotta agree with Haidaes though, even though i dont think they are the worst i've ever seen in the game. I are not my favorites at all.

Pretty cool art.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    did this guy just make these for fun? no one is paying him? if that's the case then BLIZZARD START PAYING HIM AND STAY THE F OUT OF HIS WAY!
    Yeah I think he just did this for fun, but why would blizzard have to pay him though? Its not like blizzard is using his art for the game or anything else.
    Last edited by Sjemiel; 2019-07-23 at 11:04 AM.

Yeah, no idea why FelPlague would pick those sets, but BfA does have some of the far and away best sets in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    BoD_M_Cloth and the Belf heritage armor were definitely some of the good ones. My only issue was that the cloth set only really works for necromancers and troll priests/warlocks. Personally I prefer the alliance S1 and S2 Elite plate over the elite leather though. The mail in S2 looked also extremely good on alliance side and the horde version had a pseudo-coat style which also looks very good and makes a fine transmog addition. Horde plate looked kinda rubish in both seasons though imho, the BoD_M_Plate wasn't really mine either as the asymmetrical part irked me. I'm also still not sure why the mail users got the plate set in uldir and the plate users got to wear spartan leather gear with roman centurio helmets..
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-07-23 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    They usually refer to the environment and cinematics when praising the art team. The uninspired class sets have been critisized for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Yeah, no idea why FelPlague would pick those sets, but BfA does have some of the far and away best sets in the game.

Here's a thing, everyones opinion is subjective and so you might not agree with his choices of sets. For every set in the game there are people that love it and people that hate it. Different opinons, different preferences

I agree that BfA has some of the best ever made sets in the game. Raiding sets aren't my cup of tea this expansion but as I alaways say, you don't have to like every new set, you have plenty to chose from already. You have options, you are not limited to only current tier/season set.

The sets from Eternal Palace don't look bad, they just don't fit any of my characters but they would be great on Naga or Ankoan. And as for heritage armors, here's a little thing some people don't seem to be aware, you don't have to use full sets, you can mix and match elements from different sets to create something that fits both your race and a class at the same time, that's what I do.

These are absolutely STUNNING. I mean, wow.

Makes me sad what we actually get in game nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
    Here's a thing, everyones opinion is subjective and so you might not agree with his choices of sets. For every set in the game there are people that love it and people that hate it. Different opinons, different preferences

I agree that BfA has some of the best ever made sets in the game. Raiding sets aren't my cup of tea this expansion but as I alaways say, you don't have to like every new set, you have plenty to chose from already. You have options, you are not limited to only current tier/season set.

The sets from Eternal Palace don't look bad, they just don't fit any of my characters but they would be great on Naga or Ankoan. And as for heritage armors, here's a little thing some people don't seem to be aware, you don't have to use full sets, you can mix and match elements from different sets to create something that fits both your race and a class at the same time, that's what I do.
    I agree completely on the last part. People complain about lack of creativity on blizzard's end, but I think most player lack creativitiy just as much. You see so many people running around full sets, while there are so many amazing combinations to make your character even better! Im not saying blizzard shouldn't but less effort into making new sets, not at all, i'd love new amazing looking full sets. But if they dont come up with something you like, then you come up with something you like yourself using the existing items in game already!

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
    [...] here's a little thing some people don't seem to be aware, you don't have to use full sets, you can mix and match elements from different sets to create something that fits both your race and a class at the same time, that's what I do.
    That's easier said than done, since Blizzard absolutely loathes to reuse the same color plaette/gradients twice per decade and we can't dye armor ourselves. That results in often mismatched colors, especially on the metal part of armor. That part already annoyed shit out of me with the warfront gear since the metal of the alliance weapons doesn't match the metal color of the armor. So yes, you can make your own sets if you are color blind and only care about the shape 3d bits, but if you actually can distinguish colors it will look eternally mismatched.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazle View Post
    Yeah I think he just did this for fun, but why would blizzard have to pay him though? Its not like blizzard is using his art for the game or anything else.
    that...i was implying that they should hire him to do their gear art.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    that...i was implying that they should hire him to do their gear art.
    I agree though! I'd love to see them put out sets like this! But i would take a lot of time to make these in game.