Minor essence for RET?

About Heart of Azeroth, I'm using Vision of Perfection as Major, but I can't decide which one is the best for the minor any idea? ty

Sim it. Nobody knows but the sims since there are a million possible combinations of gear + azerite + stats that need to be taken into account.

If my answer isn't "what you are looking for", then you probably do not need to know what is the best for you.

Tehterokkar is right about simming, however if you cannot do it, know how to do it or just don't sim, here's my two cents.

Your minor essence is not something static, it changes due to your fights and your group.
    For a lot of classes the major changes too, but for my pala Vision is best for single and multi-target, for now. Even at rank 1 you get a lot of value from having it as major.

Condensed life force from Eternal palace however seems to be able to surpass it at rank 3, for single target only, but that really depends and needs to be simmed.

The better ones for minor are:
    Single target:
    1Worldvein resonance (When high movement fights and/or noone else using it, swap it)
    2 The Crucible of flame
    3 Then it really starts to be about what rank you have of eternal palace one and pvp one.

Multi-target:
    1Worldvein resonance (When high movement fights and/or noone else using it, swap it)
    2 Purification Protocol
    3 Memory of lucid dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Sim it. Nobody knows but the sims since there are a million possible combinations of gear + azerite + stats that need to be taken into account.

If my answer isn't "what you are looking for", then you probably do not need to know what is the best for you.
    I didnt know that simcraft could manage this part too, good to know

Quote Originally Posted by JotunNL View Post
    Tehterokkar is right about simming, however if you cannot do it, know how to do it or just don't sim, here's my two cents.

Your minor essence is not something static, it changes due to your fights and your group.
    For a lot of classes the major changes too, but for my pala Vision is best for single and multi-target, for now. Even at rank 1 you get a lot of value from having it as major.

Condensed life force from Eternal palace however seems to be able to surpass it at rank 3, for single target only, but that really depends and needs to be simmed.

The better ones for minor are:
    Single target:
    2 The Crucible of flame
    3 Then it really starts to be about what rank you have of eternal palace one and pvp one.

Multi-target:
    2 Purification Protocol
    3 Memory of lucid dreams
    This is very helpful thank you

Quote Originally Posted by JediMaDMZ View Post
    I didnt know that simcraft could manage this part too, good to know

This is very helpful thank you
    Raidbots.com is very user friendly, the Top Gear sim section allows you to sim all of the possible combinations of major/minor essences.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Raidbots.com is very user friendly, the Top Gear sim section allows you to sim all of the possible combinations of major/minor essences.
    That's a cool website very helpful, thank you

So once you get 3x Expurgations and operate on ES and Inq you will find the following
    -R3 Condensed Life Force major
    -Vision Minor
    -R3 Crucible Minor

The R3 Raid essence sims MILES above Visions sadly. Far beyond other majors tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Like don't get me wrong: I love my procs, I really wanted to do DP/EP with the Visions major and just full on procs but it sims MUCH MUCH lower than what I mentioned.

Especially when you reach a certain crit level and have the benthic boots with increased crit damage.
    This setup is very strong on single target, indeed, but it requires different stats.
    It took a few other pieces (boots included) for me to sim higher.

I'm now walking around with two sets for ret alone, due to this. In m+ the expurgation build doesn't stand up against the "old" proc build.