Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Shaman additional alliance race petition

Can we start a petition somewhere to get blizz to allow us an additional race? Human or night elf or worgen or anything. I'm tired of playing a dwarf, or a furry dwarf or a goat. I guess you can play a fat human now too. Shams are restricted to all the least played races.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of the other races makes sense in terms of Shaman.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    But they all make perfect sense for monks? Please.........

Edit, to add more reasoning:
    I can understand the restriction of the new allied races to DK since it's happening now, while the DK thing happened way back in the lore's timeline. But restricting shamans from any "living being" race is just retarded. Even ogres and gnolls can be shamans. What is there that's stopping the leading races of Azeroth from communing with the elements?

Second edit, to answer my own question:
    Blizzard's unquestionable design!!
    Last edited by Greengrim; 2019-07-23 at 01:03 PM.

And some of the Paladin options? ....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    But they all make perfect sense for monks? Please.........
    Yea you know what else doesn't make sense in terms of race / class combo's? Gnome hunters, they did it anyway along with all kinds of other combinations they opened up long ago, give shamans humans or something at least. I'm tired of being a fatass or a goat.

Quote Originally Posted by Gr4vitas View Post
    Yea you know what else doesn't make sense in terms of race / class combo's? Gnome hunters, they did it anyway along with all kinds of other combinations they opened up long ago, give shamans humans or something at least. I'm tired of being a fatass or a goat.
    Wait, how does gnome Hunter not make sense? It's not like hunting has a height requirement, especially with guns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    Wait, how does gnome Hunter not make sense? It's not like hunting has a height requirement, especially with guns.
    Because your vicious man eating pet is 3 times the size of you, don't forget, there was a time in the game in which you had to keep your pet 'happy' by feeding it. Imagine if a gnome didnt properly keep his giant man eating pet happy?

The game has changed though and that class fantasy is gone. And so is any kind of "class fantasy" that would say that other race combinations for shamans don't make sense. They literally all make just as much sense as any other race.

Petitions don't realy work on private companies. You can start a petition but it won't change a thing.

Let's review what races could be shaman:
    Humans, they had some resemblance of shamanism in the olden Vrykul days but it was forgotten,
    Nigh Elves, they have no history of any worshiping of the elements, they worship nature as a whole,
    Gnomes, they are just too advanced to bother with something so primitive,
    Worgen, argument could be made just like with humans but I don't think elements would listen to cursed abominations like Worgen,
    Void Elves, again elements wouldn't listen to those abominations and they are blood elves and by extension high elves so they are to arrogant for shamanism,
    Lightforged, normal Draenei can be shamans but it doesn't make sense for Lightforged ones, you need to be dedicated servant of the Light to become Lightforged and Draenei that started practicing Shamanism were either abandoned or turned away from the Light.

So far you could only stretch the lore to allow humans to be shamans but that's it and still they don't realy fit that aesthetic.

Because your vicious man eating pet is 3 times the size of you, don't forget, there was a time in the game in which you had to keep your pet 'happy' by feeding it. Imagine if a gnome didnt properly keep his giant man eating pet happy?

The game has changed though and that class fantasy is gone. And so is any kind of "class fantasy" that would say that other race combinations for shamans don't make sense. They literally all make just as much sense as any other race.
    Human Shaman exist in plenty of other fantasy platforms. "Being one with nature and he elements" is a common theme.

Yeah! And how about COW PALADIN!!!??? Makes perfect sense rite?!??

Or wait, wait, PANDA <instert any class here> .

Edit:
    Now that I think about it, COW <instert any class here> makes perfect sense too!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Human Shaman exist in plenty of other fantasy platforms. "Being one with nature and he elements" is a common theme.
    Agreed, I mean I don't really see how 'being one with the elements' is somehow limiting of other races. I feel like any races can be 'one with the elements' just as much as any other race. In fact I'd say shamans have one of the least strict race to class connection fantasies in the game.

At this point, it makes more sense lorewise for every race to be every class barring impossibilities like worgen paladins and nightborne death knights.

These races have been working together for over a decade in-universe. That's not even touching weird shit like tauren paladins that got asspulled because Blizzard wanted it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    At this point, it makes more sense lorewise for every race to be every class barring impossibilities like worgen paladins and nightborne death knights.

These races have been working together for over a decade in-universe. That's not even touching weird shit like tauren paladins that got asspulled because Blizzard wanted it.
    Yea I mean I guess thats even further to my point. Why do we still have some of the restrictions we do beyond some of the really really legit ones as mentioned. Why can't the humans or nightelfs have learned the ways of the elements from some dwarfs?

Guess none of the races should be allowed in raids or some dungeons then.. you know, cuz the mobs are way bigger than us players! Such a bummer! Just doesnt make sense then does it?

Yeah I wouldn't mind looser restrictions although not for Shamans in particular. But right now it feels like druids, shamans, DKs and DHs are the only ones with practically any restrictions. Either have restrictions to enhance class/race fantasy but have it for everything, or don't have it for anything except the ridiculous/impossible, right now it's half-arsed mess that neither is fair nor accomplishes anything.

3+ Year Old Account
    Can we start a petition somewhere to get blizz to allow us an additional race? Human or night elf or worgen or anything. I'm tired of playing a dwarf, or a furry dwarf or a goat. I guess you can play a fat human now too. Shams are restricted to all the least played races.
    Every time people ask for things like that Blizzard should just remove one race from the pool. Teach them to be happy with what they have instead of making them believe it's okay to beg for shit all the time. It's not okay, deal with what you have, stop begging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazle View Post
    Guess none of the races should be allowed in raids or some dungeons then.. you know, cuz the mobs are way bigger than us players! Such a bummer! Just doesnt make sense then does it?
    Not even close to the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Every time people ask for things like that Blizzard should just remove one race from the pool. Teach them to be happy with what they have instead of making them believe it's okay to beg for shit all the time. It's not okay, deal with what you have, stop begging.
    Lmao what? I shouldn't voice my thoughts and wishes for a product I buy from a company? Why?

Also by that merit, delete your signature you bafoon.

and then you have a thing which is the gnome warrior.

Okay lets say talking about raids isnt the same thing. But why would it matter if you're pet is bigger than the race? Play gnome demo lock, your felguard is bigger. So i dont even see how having a pet that is bigger than your character is a reason to make the race just not be able to play that sertain class..

Explain please, im curious how this works.

3+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Lmao what? I shouldn't voice my thoughts and wishes for a product I buy from a company? Why?

Also by that merit, delete your signature you bafoon.
    Deleting factions is for the greater good, not for me, I play horde, I get all the benefits, the free kills, all the bonuses. You asking for COSMETICS is purely just for yourself, I don't know exactly why since when you play you're not supposed to look at your toon. Not only that but there's already plenty of good options for every classes, they kept adding more.

What did they do about factions other than making it worse every fucking time? Those are 2 completely different issues, one is useful for the game, the other is not.

Basically you're asking for something you already got but you greedily want even more of it, I'm asking to fix an actual problem that's been plaguing the game for years, the fact you're trying to compare both is baffling.