Finally chose my Warlock build. Good for leveling, PvE and PvP

The build I will be using to level/PvP/raid:

https://classic.wowhead.com/talent-c...50500051022001

5/5 imp corruption for the instant cast corruption.
    5/5 imp drain life & fel concentration because it's a drain tank SM/Ruin build.
    2/2 imp life tap because it will help with sustain in PvE.
    2/5 suppression because if you're fighting mobs/players your level you don't need any more points in this, and in raiding you will be spamming shadowbolts, which is a destro spell, so it won't help.

Then the usual talents for the destro tree, but imp searing pain because intensity is a totally useless waste of 2 talent points, and searing pain is what you will use in PvP when someone shadow locks you.

Also, the "cookie cutter" SM/Ruin build you will see if you google it is terrible, because 5/5 suppression is unnecessary and curse of exhaustion isn't worth the points. You're better off just taking imp drain life/fel concentration and face-tanking and fearing melee than trying to kite them, primarily because they have MUCH better slows than your CoE so you won't be able to kite them well anyways.

Also #2, imp drain soul is apparently garbage in classic, AND since you need to get the killing blow (possibly WITH drain soul damage), it'll almost never be proccing in group PvE.
    Last edited by TheNicestFellow; 2019-07-23 at 05:41 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't play a Warlock but thanks anyway!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNicestFellow View Post
    The build I will be using to level/PvP/raid:

https://classic.wowhead.com/talent-c...50500051022001

5/5 imp corruption for the instant cast corruption.
    5/5 imp drain life & fel concentration because it's a drain tank SM/Ruin build.
    2/2 imp life tap because it will help with sustain in PvE.
    2/5 suppression because if you're fighting mobs/players your level you don't need any more points in this, and in raiding you will be spamming shadowbolts, which is a destro spell, so it won't help.

Then the usual talents for the destro tree, but imp searing pain because intensity is a totally useless waste of 2 talent points, and searing pain is what you will use in PvP when someone shadow locks you.

Also, the "cookie cutter" SM/Ruin build you will see if you google it is terrible, because 5/5 suppression is unnecessary and curse of exhaustion isn't worth the points. You're better off just taking imp drain life/fel concentration and face-tanking and fearing melee than trying to kite them, primarily because they have MUCH better slows than your CoE so you won't be able to kite them well anyways.
    This is the exact spec I will play if I roll lock....stuck between mage and lock right now. Played both in vanilla and portals always edged out playing lock since I am lazy but both were a blast and all the crying about soul stones is BS they are easy to farm and you can stack a ton in your bank and just create a bank all for holding stuff you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    This is the exact spec I will play if I roll lock....stuck between mage and lock right now. Played both in vanilla and portals always edged out playing lock since I am lazy but both were a blast and all the crying about soul stones is BS they are easy to farm and you can stack a ton in your bank and just create a bank all for holding stuff you need.
    Both great, just different play styles. On the lock the get pets and a free 40 mount though.

Might want to try the classic forum......

I'm gonna try this in Classic, appreciate the insight!