Training to be better! Make a Noob a Pro! Sort of...

Okay so i been playing lock for a bit now. I love it and aff is doing amazing atm. I am not the best or even close to top tier.

But i can do decent but need alot of work here is my logs

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...moore/gaiasend

I want to turn those crap logs into amazing. I have been training for the past day. Learning my rotation better getting more gear (which i know does not make the player)

Looking at them i know i hardly cast shadow bolt as much as i need to.
    I know i do dumb things at certain times and more.

Heres some notes:
    A. I have almost every trinket (my luck has been amazing on most gear but az gear)
    B. I have time my job allows me alot of play time (yes i have a job lol)
    C. I have looked at icy veins, wow discord etc
    D. I sim as much as i can i follow the required but for example (440 Shiv seems better then anything i have yet i see top parse does not have it)
    They have the mech trinket with book. Which i have both
    E. I am willing to grind as needed to get where i need to be.
    F. I know destro and demo.

That said any help is welcomed. I feel that i have the gear but i need guidance more then just oh hey talent that your golden.

Ty for your time and hope to hear from some of you

Just looking at wow analyzer, you’re letting your dots drop off and not fully utilizing all of your cds. You’re also having large amounts of downtime. Remember your ABCs. Always Be Casting. Unless you are moving, you should be pressing a button to cast something. You should only move when mechanics dictate. A lot of players have an unnecessary amount of movement. I would practice moving within one GCD. Finish casting a spell, and move while the GCD is active and you can’t cast, you should be planted again when your buttons become available again. Also using your gateway and teleport whenever possible to minimize movement as well. I don’t know what your UI looks like, but you should try to consolidate all of the important information around your character. Regardless of what you think of him, Preach did a very good video on why you should have your UI around your character.

Another very good resource is lockonestopshop.com

Here is a link to the Preach video: https://youtu.be/uFejOUmlhJw

Here is a link to wowanalyzer for commander: https://wowanalyzer.com/report/6Vvw3...5:20)/Gaiasend

(If you want to use wowanalyzer, just your wowlogs link into wowanalyzer.com)

I will be looking into all this. like i said i am looking to get better. Only way to do that is listen to others who know more and learn.

- - - Updated - - -

Ty for the feed back and help. ? what major would you recommend should i stay with one i been using. I will take all this into account to be better

This might be trivial to you but as you literally wrote "noob"..

Most important conditions to be met before anything class related:

- Do not click stuff
    - Do not keyboard-turn
    - Get your interface right incl. weakauras

here are some demo tips since thats the spec i play mostly

drop implosion, it got nerfed,
    you have only 1 baleful invocation, you want to have 3 of those + atleast 1 of Demonic meteor and supreme commander , 2nd and 3rd boss in palace drop bis azerite (shoulders+chest)
    use demonic strength instead of bombers, its free to cast which means more shards for imps (use bombers only on radience)
    essences: major>visions, minor>lucid for even more soul shards

always be casting stuff

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    here are some demo tips since thats the spec i play mostly

drop implosion, it got nerfed,
    you have only 1 baleful invocation, you want to have 3 of those + atleast 1 of Demonic meteor and supreme commander , 2nd and 3rd boss in palace drop bis azerite (shoulders+chest)
    use demonic strength instead of bombers, its free to cast which means more shards for imps (use bombers only on radience)
    essences: major>visions, minor>lucid for even more soul shards

always be casting stuff
    Implosion got nerfed sure, but it's still a strong trait if you can get 2-3x of them.

From the discord -
    This is a list of good traits, if you are considering a trait not on this list then it's probably bad and should be avoided even if it sims well. The damage or stats provided by any trait stack, proc chances and other similar effects do not stack. Demo is the most trait-dependant of the warlock specs and 3x EP 1x BI is nearly mandatory if you want to be competetive with this spec.

Strong Traits

These traits are overtuned and will be your go to combo at nearly any obtainable ilevel.

Baleful Invocation
    - 1st trait is extremely strong, additional traits remain strong with DCon
    2-3x Explosive Potential
    - almost every other trait is better than EP if you can only get 1
    Loyal to the End

Situational Traits

These traits are generally weaker than the above traits, but if they sim higher are generally fine to take.

Arcane Heart
    Undulating Tides
    1x Demonic Meteor
    Supreme Commander
    Umbral Blaze
    -only single target and only with Conduit
    Generic Stat Proc Traits including Tradewinds, Blightborne Infusion, Blood Rite, Swirling Sands, Incite the Pack, Meticulous Scheming, Unstable Catalyst

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Implosion got nerfed sure, but it's still a strong trait if you can get 2-3x of them.

From the discord -
    Mythic Plus EP will do well but in Palace you will get better results using x3 BE.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

From the discord -
    in 8.1.5 there was a bug fix which fixed the interaction between demonic tyrant with consumption and EP, as before the fix you could both empower your tyrant with imps and suicide them for EP at the same time if you spammed implosion before the tyrant cast went off, after that fix EP lost a lot of value

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Mythic Plus EP will do well but in Palace you will get better results using x3 BE.
    I am not pulling that from an M+ suggestion list though, that's the raid FAQ.

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    in 8.1.5 there was a bug fix which fixed the interaction between demonic tyrant with consumption and EP, as before the fix you could both empower your tyrant with imps and suicide them for EP at the same time if you spammed implosion before the tyrant cast went off, after that fix EP lost a lot of value
    Yes, I know that.

But it's still stated to be a strong option if you can get 3 of them on almost every warlock resource.

Look through the top parses even.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/ra...pec=Demonology

First boss because probably the least movement intense boss that I can think of besides Ashvane, there's still plenty of the Explosive Potential trait being used. It is definitely not at a "drop it" point because of the nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Marginally and even then technically 3xEP/CLF Sims over 3xBI/VoP
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!