Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangfoudre View Post
    I'd add that there was a difficulty difference between 10 man and 25 man, the later has always been considered as harder, with more rewards, including higher item level.
    Yeah, that's true.
    Currently playing Path of Exile: Blight
    YAY NEW COMPUTER: i9-9900K@5.0GHz | Noctua NH-D15 | eVGA GTX 1080 Ti 2GHz FTW3 Hybrid | 32GB DDR4 | 256GB NVMe | 1.75TB SSD |
    Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | 7TB HDD | SeaSonic 750w 80+ Titanium PRIME | Chassis TBD
    Samsung 34" 3440x1440 Curved | Schiit MODI 2 + ASGARD 2 + Buzz Off | Sennheiser HD 598 | Presonus Eris E5*2 | KRK 10S | Shure BETA 58A

Canon 5D Mark IV | Canon 7D Mark II | 24-70mm f/2.8 L II USM | 70-200mm f/2.8 L II IS USM | 100mm f/2.8 L IS USM MACRO |
    Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 Art | Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Ulduar was not hard....until Mimiron. Most of the low-to-mid level raiding guilds on my server could easily get past Hodir and Thorim, ending at Freya or Mimiron, and there were often pug groups going for hodir kills and even going for Thorim.

I get that it took some weeks for people to get past XT-002 and Kologarn, but that is how it is with most raids and their mid-set bosses. Ulduar was no different from ICC with Saurfang or Hagara in Dragon Soul, its just the way they design raids.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think this had anything to do with the content of Ulduar. Ulduar was doing fine, and to the best of my memory, most guilds at the mid-level were still trying to get into hard modes and struggling to kill Yogg at the time of ToC launch. I simply think, that Blizzard was trying to predict a quick expansion and wanted to set a quick content flow with large raid followed by small raid.

They proberly learned a lot from the experience, such as that when you create content with a better loot table, it pretty much empties out the previous content. That did not happen in TBC because of Attunements and other limiting factors, but in Wrath, players quickly moved up the raid ladder because of catch-up mechanics, instead of spreading out according to skill and time level.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Hotfixes/2009_Archive
    April 17 (1st reset) - XT-002 Deconstructor will no longer cast Light Bomb or Gravity Bomb while channeling Tympanic Tantrum.
    April 21 (2nd reset) -All of the additional creatures spawned during the XT-002 Deconstructor encounter can now be snared in either difficulty.
    April 22 (2nd reset) - The enrage timer on XT-002 Deconstructor has been increased.
    April 23 (2nd reset) - The damage of XT-002 Deconstructor's Gravity Bomb ability has been reduced.
    April 28 (3rd reset) - The XT-002 Deconstructor encounter has received the following changes: The duration of Tympanic Trantrum has been reduced, the timer for XT-002 to hit berserk has been increased, the damage of Light Bomb has been reduced, the effect radius of Light Bomb has been reduced, and the health of XM-024 Pummeler has been reduced.
    May 4th (4th reset) - The health of the Heart of the Deconstructor in the XT-002 Deconstructor encounter has been reduced.

I don't remember if we killed it after the first berserk nerf on the 2nd rest or the large nerf on the 3rd reset, but it wasn't pug friendly until at least 3rd reset. The guild in question had Sartharion 3D on both difficulties and had many 3/6 sunwell raiders. It was really frustrating to get brickwalled that quickly into a new raid. It was obviously more friendly later, but the tier overall started poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyman2 View Post
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Hotfixes/2009_Archive
    April 17 (1st reset) - XT-002 Deconstructor will no longer cast Light Bomb or Gravity Bomb while channeling Tympanic Tantrum.
    April 21 (2nd reset) -All of the additional creatures spawned during the XT-002 Deconstructor encounter can now be snared in either difficulty.
    April 22 (2nd reset) - The enrage timer on XT-002 Deconstructor has been increased.
    April 23 (2nd reset) - The damage of XT-002 Deconstructor's Gravity Bomb ability has been reduced.
    April 28 (3rd reset) - The XT-002 Deconstructor encounter has received the following changes: The duration of Tympanic Trantrum has been reduced, the timer for XT-002 to hit berserk has been increased, the damage of Light Bomb has been reduced, the effect radius of Light Bomb has been reduced, and the health of XM-024 Pummeler has been reduced.
    May 4th (4th reset) - The health of the Heart of the Deconstructor in the XT-002 Deconstructor encounter has been reduced.

I don't remember if we killed it after the first berserk nerf on the 2nd rest or the large nerf on the 3rd reset, but it wasn't pug friendly until at least 3rd reset. The guild in question had Sartharion 3D on both difficulties and had many 3/6 sunwell raiders. It was really frustrating to get brickwalled that quickly into a new raid. It was obviously more friendly later, but the tier overall started poorly.
    You are talking about 3 weeks in m8..... Im talking 1½ months ahead or something like that when it comes to pugs. From my experience, most pugs had a hard time keeping people together to just kill Flame Leviathan.

But i also do remember killing XT despite the lack of nerfs, and i was just in a middle tier guild, mom/pops kinda thing. But then again, XT was the 2/3/4th boss, so he was not meant to be "that" hard. He was supposed to be close to a pushover, which he wasen't, but he werent hard. Besides, a number of those changes were aimed towards hard-mode XT, which was indeed....HARD.

You also have to remember, that most guilds started on 10-man (the easier difficulty) and wiped ALOT on Flameleviathan, because people did not get the mechanic or were good with demos at the start. I did not to get even try out XT before the mobs could be snared, which was much the same for most of my server.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.