Will I be able to redeem a US BFA Key? (buying the game from Amazon)

I live in Europe but I created a new bnet account where I chose the United States as my residence place, when I chose this option the entire bnet account changed to a US link instead of EU, so I think the bnet account is considered US now. Am I able to redeem a US BFA expansion key now? I want to buy the game from Amazon because it's cheaper. Or does the game decide which region you live based on your IP so it will still block me from redeeming the key?
    Last edited by Vampiregenesis; 2019-07-25 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I live in Europe but I created a new bnet account where I chose the United States as my residence place, when I chose this option the entire bnet account changed to a US link instead of EU, so I think the bnet account is considered US now. Am I able to redeem a US BFA expansion key now? I want to buy the game from Amazon because it's cheaper. Or does the game decide which region you live based on your IP so it will still block me from redeeming the key?
    It can only be applied to a US wow account, meaning your starter wow account needs to be US. You can have both EU and US accounts on the same battle.net account.

Just to make this as foolproof as possible, I made a screenshot. If your account has the (US) tag, then yes, the US key should work fine. If it says ANYTHING other than (US), then no, a US key will not work.

For the record, your actual place of residency does not matter. You can make a European, Korean, etc WoW account while living in the US and vice versa, and you can have multiple different locations tied to your BNet account.

Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    You can, if you can supply proof, have a support to change the key for an EU one. You can't use a US key for EU servers but you can play US as EU.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Just to make this as foolproof as possible, I made a screenshot. If your account has the (US) tag, then yes, the US key should work fine. If it says ANYTHING other than (US), then no, a US key will not work.

For the record, your actual place of residency does not matter. You can make a European, Korean, etc WoW account while living in the US and vice versa, and you can have multiple different locations tied to your BNet account.

Would just like to add that the residency does matter a little. Tokens that you buy from AH with gold can only be redeemed for game time if it's bought on a wow account that is in a different region of the battle.net account. If your battle.net account is US and your game account is EU, tokens can only give you game time and not battle.net currency.

Btw, does anyone know what is the most common source of cd keys for these websites? How do you they find them so they can sell them so cheaply? (other than being stolen of course)