Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Pro-Tips for the developers for WoWs future game design

I assembled some guidelines for the WoW developers for their future work.

Let's start:

1.) Most of the players which play the game are no mythic raiders and will never become such
    2.) Most of the players which play the game are no rated PVP players and will never become such
    3.) Most of the players give a shit about competetive gameplay
    4.) Only a small niche amount of players ever watched eSports.
    5.) Balance does not matter in a RPG
    6.) Streamers like Asmongold and their followers who want to make WoW hardcore are a small but loud minority
    7.) Most of the players do not play high key mythic dungeons
    8.) Most of the players are not in organized raiding or PVP guilds
    9.) Most of the players give a shit about the question which pro-gamer group won the Arena finals
    10.) Gaming is thought to be fun and not to be about chores. Sending the same turtles into the water every day is not fun.
    11.) The level of engagement is more interesting than the reward
    12.) People who have to play in groups or either they would not get the best rewards and who are introverts play against their nature and become toxic at some point
    13.) World of Warcraft destroyed the relationship of thousands of couples
    14.) World of Warcraft is addictive, and made people unemployed. Less today, as the game allows anyone to progress somehow without the need to give up real life. Yet, that is still existent at high endgame level.
    15.) Games are something you do in your sparetime, after work, and for most of us nothing that should replace real life
    16.) The skinner box effect creates even more addicts. The question is why Blizzard utilizes it that massively?
    17.) The blood of the game are not 13 hours playing addicts, but the people who play 3 hours every 2 days doing some content. That is who the game should cater to. Entirely.
    18.) Noone who plays LFR to see the content wants a challenge in LFR or even wipe there.
    19.) People who play solo want to play solo, and not in matchmade groups.
    20.) MMORPG does not mean "Massive enforced organized Group role playing game".

Thats all for now. Probably i add more later.

Edit: To make this a discussion, what do you guys think about those tips? What are your tips for the developers?
    Last edited by Fred Skinner; 2019-07-25 at 03:34 PM.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

TLDR: The ramblings of a shit player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice blog post, mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Nice blog post, mate!
    I added a discussion question to the opening post.

pro-tips
    LMAO

/10char
    Last edited by ls-; 2019-07-25 at 03:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is well aware of everything. 8.2 is a testament of that.

As for addictions, let's let people do their life choices as they see fit, mom.

Blizzard is well aware of everything. 8.2 is a testament of that.

As for addictions, let's let people do their life choices as they see fit, mom.
    If they are aware of it, why did they add the same kind of chores again in 8.2?

And why is the best gear still available from organized gameplay only?

You are right at most of the points. However, I doubt you are a pro.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Skinner View Post

Because otherwise people quote Asmongold.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

This is how you make garbage expansion like BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Because otherwise people quote Asmongold.
    Let them. The loud minority does not bring the biggest ROI. It is the silent casual gamers that do.

Let Asmongold and his junkie-followers scream and rage about everything. And let Blizzard ignore them.

I like the challenge and the journey with good rewards at the end. When you take all of that out by listening to people who just want to do the bare minimum for everything, you're just left with an RNG slot machine and you get BFA.

People will always go the path of least resistance, so making content easy and accessible for everyone shortens the life of the gameplay. You need to strike a balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    People will always go the path of least resistance, so making content easy and accessible for everyone shortens the life of the gameplay. You need to strike a balance.
    No, you do not need to.

Blizzard does not need the toxic crowd around Asmongold for anything. Infact, they are just destructive, and should play no role in game design decisions. They do not need the few esport viewers, if an immersive story could add thousands of new casual gamers instead of a focus on balance. They do not need the few mythic raiders, as most do not care about them. They also do not need the few professional arena players.

All they need is the vast amount of players who do not play that playstyles.

My tips?

Blizz, these are all self-important narrow minded tips from someone suffering from delusions of grandeur. The self important verbal diarrhea of a man that thinks they are the smartest person in the room. A small fish placed in a small bowl that thinks that since they encompass so much they are the largest of fishes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you should apply for a job at blizz.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account

Guess what?

1. Because people like these "chores".
    2. Benthic gear is damn strong and available from solo play literally.

I think you need to take a chill pill there, you don't have to really do these "chores" if you don't want and you don't have to even play WoW to the point of ruining your life either.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got to point 6 and stopped, I gather this is a streamer advertisement post?

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Maybe you should apply for a job at blizz.
    No, thank you, i already work for the best in the industry.

No, you do not need to.

Blizzard does not need the toxic crowd around Asmongold for anything. Infact, they are just destructive, and should play no role in game design decisions. They do not need the few esport viewers, if an immersive story could add thousands of new casual gamers instead of a focus on balance. They do not need the few mythic raiders, as most do not care about them. They also do not need the few professional arena players.

All they need is the vast amount of players who do not play that playstyles.
    So what you want are more people complaining about nothing to do? The easier the content, the faster it is consumed. Go through Nazjatar and Mechagon too fast and you no longer have anything to do. So yes; a proper balance must be struck between the easiest of quests and the most difficult of raids.

- - - Updated - - -

No, thank you, i already work for the best in the industry.
    Nice try but there is no "best".

1. Because people like these "chores".
    You want to tell me people like to send turtles into the water every single day, after they already did that for a hundred of days?

Or do they like the reward?

2. Benthic gear is damn strong and available from solo play literally.
    .. by doing dull chores which are not repetetive, yet are taken for repetition. Please read everything about the skinner box effect.

A good video can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWtvrPTbQ_c

I think you need to take a chill pill there, you don't have to really do these "chores" if you don't want and you don't have to even play WoW to the point of ruining your life either.
    You have to do the chores to get the rewards. See Skinner box.

You only play for 3 hours every 2 days?! Bruh, you're a mega casual. You're a member of these guilds (that somehow I always end up in) who have like 4 guys online tops at any given moment, who never raid, and everyone just pugs shit and then logs off.

You are not representative of the game's community. Most players are not mega casuals, and I have serious questions as to why do you still pay a sub to this game, I sure as hell wouldn't, I would just find some nice single player games that I can fire up any time.