Question assass in m+ opener rotation on pack questions

So I went assass this season, running atm 3xSS and 1xEB. I'm curious how you guys are pumping out big aoe dps as assassin.

So use case one, I run into a pack of 5-6 mobs, open with 3x garrote, now I have 5 cp, and usually I put rupture on it and start spamming fok + envenom, and when I feel my garrotes are falling off I put up 3 more ruptures to maintain energy regen.

So I wonder if I should rather envenom in opener before rupture, to get the buff and fok with that, and when the buff falls up put up a rupture after it. When I have 3 ruptures up only, I can starve myself for energy, with 4 I'm feel pretty good. Then there is the decision if it's worth putting up rupture on a mob that has 300k hp or not.
    I'm also thinking I should maintain rupture only if I have envenom buff up to not overcap it.

Anyone with some advice on how you are thinking when dpsing? Is running Hidden Blades worth it on certain dungeons on fortified weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    So I went assass this season, running atm 3xSS and 1xEB. I'm curious how you guys are pumping out big aoe dps as assassin.

So use case one, I run into a pack of 5-6 mobs, open with 3x garrote, now I have 5 cp, and usually I put rupture on it and start spamming fok + envenom, and when I feel my garrotes are falling off I put up 3 more ruptures to maintain energy regen.

So I wonder if I should rather envenom in opener before rupture, to get the buff and fok with that, and when the buff falls up put up a rupture after it. When I have 3 ruptures up only, I can starve myself for energy, with 4 I'm feel pretty good. Then there is the decision if it's worth putting up rupture on a mob that has 300k hp or not.
    I'm also thinking I should maintain rupture only if I have envenom buff up to not overcap it.

Anyone with some advice on how you are thinking when dpsing? Is running Hidden Blades worth it on certain dungeons on fortified weeks?
    Think it really depends what your stats are. Since your going with bleeds you probably want more crit since you'll tick for higher numbers more and have more instances of gaining energy. if your suffering from energy when you have 3 rupts and several garrottes up then you might want more haste.

I think most people go poison bomb or crimson tempest instead of hidden blades, Especially if your planning on just spamming fok and using envenom/rup/ odd garrottes.

some of these things you are asking depends on your comp like if you have a dh just spamming eye beam that's when things like just envenoming low hp mobs matter.

Edit don't forget you can also be just burning vendetta at times during pulls so that you have even more energy regen.
    Last edited by Dunderstudy; 2019-07-26 at 03:25 AM. Reason: forgot vendetta

Look at Seliathan at raider.io ... Dude's been playing Assa for quite some time... He also play 3x Echoing Blades, 2x Twist the Knife and 1x SS

Quote Originally Posted by Sl3jhy View Post
    Look at Seliathan at raider.io ... Dude's been playing Assa for quite some time... He also play 3x Echoing Blades, 2x Twist the Knife and 1x SS
    You should never look at top m+ players and take their gear/azerite as a gospel without understanding why they run it.

Top players play in groups, they have set routes and packs they pull which can look like the pulls you do in MDI with 10-15 mobs at once or more. Echoing Blades excels at massive target count AoE, which is probably what they are doing. Sure in super high keys it might not be possible to do MDI-like pulls, but the point still stands, they know their routes and how much they pull at once, it doesn't apply to your average joe doing +10-15. Echoing Blades is still strong don't get me wrong, but unless your only purpose in life is to do m+, it shouldn't matter too much as getting the right azerite can be a pain.

That being said, applying 3x Garrote with SS is top prio, then getting a rupture up so you are golden on energy regen for the next 15-20s. Then just spam FoK and refresh Envenom and garrote on mobs plus apply Rupture with excess CP.

If you are worried about applying a rupture to a mob that has low health, it most likely means you are doing low keys, at which point it really doesn't matter what you are doing. Keep in mind Rupture does give energy back if a mob dies with it active, so you can use this to your advantage if you are tracking DoTs on nameplates.
    Last edited by Tehterokkar; 2019-07-29 at 12:21 PM.

People doing super high M+ keys are doing big ass pulls and butchering mob packs, so when you're doing 15 inch dick pulls like that, 3x EB is really good. On smaller pulls (one pack at a time) SS is better to spread damage out.

Focused Azerite Beam is also, you know, your biggest friend.