Is this a good sum up of the difference between alliance and horde warriors?

So let's say, for pure purposes pvp, that you gotta choose between:

-human warrior: you get paladins for the insane utility they give you in pvp with freedom, cleanse and so on, and you get perception against rogues and druids (yeah gnome and dwarf are better but I wanna top dps meters in pve, so human it is)

-orc warrior: op stun resist plus windfury totem

Imo, and I'd like to know what you think about this: orcs are waaaaaay better than humans in pvp, but paladins are a much, much better support for warrios in pvp: they enable warriors several times more.

So it sounds like this is a case of "orc warrior is better for 1v1 or random wpvp encounters", but "alliance warriors have a much easier time in group pvp thanks to paladins".

Is it a good sum up?

Warriors arent good 1v1 unless they massively outgear the opponent so I wouldn't really worry abt 1v1s. You are correct that paladins are the better support for keeping you alive and mobile. Shamans give you windfurry and can be more offensive to help you burst. Orc is best pvp racial in the game as well.

A lot of differences in pve as well. Ally go human, use 1hswords, get salv for threat so can do more dmg before they have to limit. Horde go orc, try to get axes, can do 1h or 2h depending on availability, get windfury so can do more dmg but are limited by threat cap more and threat is more spiky. Lot of other differences but not sure you care.

I'd personally go ally if I knew I'd have a pocket holy paladin and was in a premade. In general non premade bgs, I'd guess horde are better. Pallys are gonna be goofing around as ret

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Horde have a advantage in random BGs, alliance have the advantage in organized pvp.

For a 1v1 human warrior vs orc warrior, with equal gear, neither have a advantage.
    Weapon skill doesnt affect pvp much, warriors dont really have much stun outside of charge/intercept, which you shouldnt be able to get in range for anyway due to hamstring.

Orc is better vs rogues than human, however human with perception can see them before they can initiate combat with stuns so both have fair chance.

So for PvP, it doesnt matter if you are human or orc.

For PvE, humans are way better, because of paladin blessings, and human tanks with the racial, and a much better selection of weapons suiting the human racial.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyfoxy View Post
    Horde have a advantage in random BGs, alliance have the advantage in organized pvp.

For a 1v1 human warrior vs orc warrior, with equal gear, neither have a advantage.
    Weapon skill doesnt affect pvp much, warriors dont really have much stun outside of charge/intercept, which you shouldnt be able to get in range for anyway due to hamstring.

Orc is better vs rogues than human, however human with perception can see them before they can initiate combat with stuns so both have fair chance.

So for PvP, it doesnt matter if you are human or orc.

For PvE, humans are way better, because of paladin blessings, and human tanks with the racial, and a much better selection of weapons suiting the human racial.
    -grenades (every pvper uses them)
    -tidal wave,
    -intimidation, stun proc from hunter's slow
    -rogue stuns,
    -mage's impact,
    -shadow priest's blackout
    -druid 's bear form stun, cat stun (pounce)
    -warrior's stuns (charge and intercept),
    -paladin's 6 second stun and the seal that stuns

That's the list of stuns in the game...it's fucking massive man.

I will agree that paladin is better for group pvp imo, compared to shaman

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voulzy View Post
    -tidal wave,
    -rogue stuns,
    -mage's impact,

Yea i didnt include all stuns, the racial is good for pvp no doubt, and silly of me to include only the rogue, but it being a massive advantage is a bit of a overstatement imho, cause it is luck based.

Grenades is probably the best part of being a orc.

But most classes have ways to deal with warriors without the stuns, and warrior is a bad 1v1 class, but a beast in a team.

Played a human Warrior back in the day. Feel like I would have done better as Horde. Back then I was the only one of my RL friends playing WoW. Got all the way to 50-55 not sure the specific level, and deleted it (wish I hadn't, it was a big mistake) because this was the third time I was in a PvP situation and the Alliance Priest sitting only a few yards away didn't heal me. So, i made a resto shaman (leveled as ele) made it all the way to 60, and in my experience the Horde players seemed more helpful on that server.

Quote Originally Posted by Voulzy View Post
    -tidal wave,
    -rogue stuns,
    -mage's impact,

There are a few more:
    - War's Concussive blow (I know its deep prot)
    - Tidal Charm
    - Linkens Boomerang
    - PVE stuns (most are non boss)
    - A few weapon procs
    - War stomp in duels

These are just off the top of my head, Im sure there are more STILL. Just helping to solidify how good orc Stun resist is.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyfoxy View Post
    warriors dont really have much stun outside of charge/intercept
    Mace spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Mace spec.
    Indeed, lots of warriors will rock TUF, https://classicdb.ch/?item=19323 2 stuns right there on a chance on swing.

Tauren warrior is very underrated and worth mentioning, their melee range is REALLY nice in pvp, melee range when most people want to kite you is invaluable.
    Very hard to deadzone as their melee range is essentially 8 yards, and beyond that you are far enough away that you can charge.

Is the melee range thing not a bug for taurens? If not thats very good for them and for pve humans are OP IMO

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oozlz View Post
    Indeed, lots of warriors will rock TUF, https://classicdb.ch/?item=19323 2 stuns right there on a chance on swing.
    Man, I remember hearing players (who were on the receiving end of this) complain about it so much. And then we had Stormherald at level 70 in BC as well.

The Unstoppable Force is not a stun in vanilla, it's its own seperate thing knock down or soemthing.

Which makes it vastly superior to earthsaker cuz you won't DR stun

The curse of madness proc is by far the best in the agme. I forget the name of the axe. Stupid proc tho. Dispellable but OP if no1 is around to take it off u

And OP you're 100% correct on your assessment. Be ready to be farming a lot for free action potions if you're horde. Cuz you're gonna have to spam em all day every day

It is a stun in the version of the game we are getting. And OFC c'thun axe is way better than TUF, but you will run into 20 TUF wars for every Dark Edge guy...

Quote Originally Posted by Oozlz View Post
    It is a stun in the version of the game we are getting. And OFC c'thun axe is way better than TUF, but you will run into 20 TUF wars for every Dark Edge guy...
    if it's a stun who even wants that? so much DR doesn't work

Totally ruins TUF if that's true.