Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Potions/Flasks will be expensive for a while I'd wager since nobody is doing Nazjatar anymore and therefore there's far less Zin'anthid on the market. It's around 45g each on my server whereas last patch it was down under 20g a lot of the time. Add to that the fact that people are using more flasks/potions than before since they're still progressing in the raid and high m+ keys and prices are really inflated at the moment.

Personally I don't even use pots/flasks, not spending 200g every other pull in a m+, definitely not that tryhard. And my guild isn't wiping in a heroic raid because I didn't use a potion, so I really don't even see the point if you aren't pushing mythic raids.

That being said, as someone with Alchemy I've been loving it. Buy the mats on the AH, craft a couple hundred potions, resell for 20k profit, repeat daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    While I do agree that it's dumb to make late-game herbs grow in a not-late-game zone exclusively, it wouldn't make sense having Zin'anthid grow in Uldum and the Vale, considering that those aren't "underwater" zones. That'd be like making Winter's Kiss grow in Vol'dun.

What Blizzard should have done, in my opinion, is to make a new type of herb(s) for Uldum and the Vale. Void-tainted versions of the herbs from those locations would be perfect, like "Shadow Whiptail" or "Tainted Great Tea Leaf" or something. Same thing with the leather and ores.

- - - Updated - - -

Zin'anthid were already expensive even before 8.3 hit. To the point I was forced to change one of my alts' professions to herbalism so I could gather enough of those herbs to make a decent amount of flask for our mythic progression, even back in mid- to late-game in 8.2.
    For the sake of balance, I think we can all agree. It's also wow, that has talking animals. Realism isn't exactly their forte

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    For the sake of balance, I think we can all agree. It's also wow, that has talking animals. Realism isn't exactly their forte
    There is a huge difference between "realism" and "internal consistency". What I'm talking about in the post you quoted is "internal consistency", meaning the game following its own rules. In this case: desert plants growing in desert areas, underwater plants growing in underwater areas. For example: you won't find Akunda's Bite outside the deserts of Vol'Dun.

Which is why I mentioned it wouldn't make sense for Zin'Athid, an underwater plant, to grow in the Vale, or worse, a desert like Uldum.

It's a fantasy game. Zin'Athid grows as a consequence of N'Zoth's corruption befouling the earth. There, I explained it.

Also Nazjatar isn't underwater anymore.

Gameplay should always come first, and both herbers and miners are screwed in the two 8.3 zones.

A few points mentioned here is the problem with re-using old zones for current content.

Uldum and Vale are basically "end game" zones now, yet utilize old gathering nodes. There should have been a new node type in assault areas to be used in 8.3 recipes.

I never actively pursued gold back in the day and the gold I made passively was always enough for mats for raid but not any fucking more lol. It's cool though because I've quit raiding and I don't do M+ so I don't need flasks, pots, food, gems, enchants or augment runes and I get to sell all of those things at retarded prices
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

People flip mats and drive prices up, its piss annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    It's a fantasy game. Zin'Athid grows as a consequence of N'Zoth's corruption befouling the earth. There, I explained it.

Also Nazjatar isn't underwater anymore.

Gameplay should always come first, and both herbers and miners are screwed in the two 8.3 zones.
    Even if that isn't enough, imagine that some node called a Corrupted Herb (which already existed in the Klaxxi area due to Sha corruption and awarded random herbs) that either directly gives Zin'anthid... or drops some item (maybe some corrupted crystals/petals/<insert something herb-like>) that you can trade in for herbs. Or, akin to what Legion had at the end, have a vendor where you trade in some currency drop for crafting mats.

If there were more than one zone for Zin'anthid that was part of the current patch cycle, prices would likely drop a TON. As it stands right now, botters are a huge problem. For example, I created a group for the world boss in Nazjatar, and after about 5 minutes I had a group of almost 20 people... 3 were actually there to kill the boss, the rest were a bunch of herb botters hopping shards for herbs.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

I think the real reason is because of WoD garrison really flooding the player base with a lot of gold, and since some people have that kind of gold prices will be higher. Maybe not the only reason but that is why we have gotten these super high priced mounts and pets, to help lower the gap between those who spent everyday farming garrisons and those who didn't.

The easiest fix for this is also the hardest, which is reset everyone's gold. But that will never happen, so as long as some have a ton of gold, people will sell at higher prices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, the easiest solution would be to just put in a vendor. In Legion, we had the Blood of Sargeras vendor so for BFA, just do something similar. Maybe an extended Corrupted Mementos vendor?
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

The equivalent would be expulsom, really.

But the obvious answer is to put BFA herbs and ore in the 8.3 zones.

I make about 20k a week per alt doing dailies and farming old dungeons for mog. Caches are just over 4 k on average. Usually 1-2 2k gold wqs emissary a week. I mostly do gold reward wqs that's about another 500 per emmissary. Another several grand from 8.3 dailies and invasions.

Hell my dh itself made 44k this week doing quests and clearing ever raid and lfr since cata.

DHs are stupid fast at clearing old raids.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

10+ Year Old Account
    hey they need gold to buy tokens to play for free, not everyone lives in a non egyptian country and wow doesn't cost 1/5 of his entire salary
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by kidstechno View Post
    As someone coming back into the game, I noticed mats and potions are insanely expensive. 1,000 gold for a single flask is insane. When you realize a stack is 20k, and a stack of potions is 5k gold. I mean I guess if you have a decent geared alt you can farm for the stuff, but I guess with the removal of gold gaining Order Halls in Legion, to me.. 20k is a lot of gold. And being a more casual player, I'm spending my time usually getting gear and doing the emissary every 3 days and you can maybe make 2-3k in that time and pushing some Mythic+ so that's when I normally use the flasks and potions.

Question is why is this happening? Couldn't blizzard lessen the materials cost to rectify? Or is this how it's going to be with wow tokens and gold selling runs? Or is it just the start of a new raid tier so guilds are buying up mats in bulk? Just curious.
    Sell a wow token. Boom 200k almost instant. You are not meant to get gold by playing any more, that will not really be manageable.

Quote Originally Posted by music49 View Post
    I think the real reason is because of WoD garrison really flooding the player base with a lot of gold, and since some people have that kind of gold prices will be higher. Maybe not the only reason but that is why we have gotten these super high priced mounts and pets, to help lower the gap between those who spent everyday farming garrisons and those who didn't.

The easiest fix for this is also the hardest, which is reset everyone's gold. But that will never happen, so as long as some have a ton of gold, people will sell at higher prices.
    This is definitely a part of it. Every expansion has massive inflation, it's been the case since BC. Remember when the repair mount was first added? Hardly anyone had it because nobody had that much gold, but now literally everyone I know owns one. Same with the reforging mount. It's the reason why they're removing the AH mount in 9.0, they know if they leave it in every single person will own one within two expansions.

That's absolutely why they add things like the 3 million gold spider mount or 5 million gold AH mount, they need ways to get gold out of the economy because they've simply added too much over expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Honestly, the easiest solution would be to just put in a vendor. In Legion, we had the Blood of Sargeras vendor so for BFA, just do something similar. Maybe an extended Corrupted Mementos vendor?
    Honestly I'd quite like to see a Tidalcore vendor. Even though I make tons of money with the inflated prices of things, it'd still be nice. Most people I know have hundreds of Tidalcores with nothing to use them on, seems like a simple solution. Might flood the market too much though, so maybe Mementos would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Sell a wow token. Boom 200k almost instant. You are not meant to get gold by playing any more, that will not really be manageable.
    This is just kind of silly honestly. You can very easily make around 20k gold a day in under 10 minutes just by using a couple crafting professions and posting auctions once. You can easily make 40k a day in under 30 minutes if you use every profession. You can make significantly more than that by farming but nobody wants to farm, and you can make significantly more than farming by flipping on the AH but that requires capital to get started so not everyone can do it right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    The equivalent would be expulsom, really.

But the obvious answer is to put BFA herbs and ore in the 8.3 zones.
    People in the background screaming "ThAt'S nOt ReAlIsTiC" as a Panda talks and a large sword coalesces and crashes into the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by kidstechno View Post
    As someone coming back into the game, I noticed mats and potions are insanely expensive. 1,000 gold for a single flask is insane. When you realize a stack is 20k, and a stack of potions is 5k gold. I mean I guess if you have a decent geared alt you can farm for the stuff, but I guess with the removal of gold gaining Order Halls in Legion, to me.. 20k is a lot of gold. And being a more casual player, I'm spending my time usually getting gear and doing the emissary every 3 days and you can maybe make 2-3k in that time and pushing some Mythic+ so that's when I normally use the flasks and potions.

Question is why is this happening? Couldn't blizzard lessen the materials cost to rectify? Or is this how it's going to be with wow tokens and gold selling runs? Or is it just the start of a new raid tier so guilds are buying up mats in bulk? Just curious.
    So Blizzard motivates you to buy tokens to sell for gold, so they get that sweet $7 cut difference between sub price and token price.

Why are people still bumping this thread...Many people said (even on this page) its due to flipping mats - Stop thinking its all down to demand or some...weird nieche thing - People are willing to blow 1 million gold on X mats just to sell it higher, or even reset prices....People who are clueless on AH posting in the proffesion sub forum is always fun...xd No offence, just saying.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by music49 View Post
    The easiest fix for this is also the hardest, which is reset everyone's gold.
    How would that fix anything? We are just going to work our way back up to the prices we are at now. Squishes are a bandaid not a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Why are people still bumping this thread
    Because other people bump it (you) and then other people see it (me) and they bump it (me) so now someone else will see it and bump it
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Which is why I mentioned it wouldn't make sense for Zin'Athid, an underwater plant, to grow in the Vale, or worse, a desert like Uldum.
    New chests in the corrupted zones that are tracked like herbs/ore nodes rather than treasure chests that drop them. Bam, done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.