Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Keep believing that is what AH players do ^^ Also most AH players dont just buy the token to play for free, they spend a lot more gold.

I litterally just re-log, re-post items, and re-craft items few times a week.
    The point I was making to him wasn't that I bought game time with very low work but the final part of the reply, in that do not underestimate the capacity of the casual gamer to never figure out that stuff even if it's not that hard, be it because they don't have time or they don't care (I also liked it a little, not excessively of course).

e.g. you may have one player using TSM to the fullest and practically paying for his subscription with 1 reposting cycle in 1 day for 10 minutes, and another that finds it hard to do it in 20 days. That indirectly explains why some players think everything is expensive (some others simply find it easy to acquire gold).

People flip mats and drive prices up, its piss annoying. A leather is not worth 30-100g, it just isnt.
    as a guy who flips, it's just whatever price a 'fool' wants to pay for the item

stop paying a high amount, and prices will drop
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    as a guy who flips, it's just whatever price a 'fool' wants to pay for the item

stop paying a high amount, and prices will drop
    For sure you are right, its still a dick move through. Granted I do it my self in the way that I buy a lot of mats when prices are cheap and then sell some of them when prices reaches the stupid levels.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

For sure you are right, its still a dick move through. Granted I do it my self in the way that I buy a lot of mats when prices are cheap and then sell some of them when prices reaches the stupid levels.
    it's only a dickmove to those that are too lazy to put any effort into earning gold

which by the way are a lot of people
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

Gold is endlessly attainable, so prices will do nothing but continue to climb from one expac to the next.

This is how they manipulate you into buying wow tokens. You either pay up one way or another, or you go out and spend hours running/flying around a swamp for anchor weeds to make your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Danvash View Post
    This is how they manipulate you into buying wow tokens. You either pay up one way or another, or you go out and spend hours running/flying around a swamp for anchor weeds to make your own.

They who? Are you implying Blizzard is manipulating prices so people have to buy tokens? lol..........

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold is endlessly attainable, so prices will do nothing but continue to climb from one expac to the next.
    Gold is indeed infinite, but that doesn't mean inflation will continue. The devs could make the economy overall deflationary by increasing costs on mandatory goldsinks like repairs, flights, AH fees, etc. That would be a very bad idea though, as it's regressive and would hurt the experience for the vast majority of poor folk playing the game while leaving the rich bastards largely unimpacted.

You actually want inflation, but you want it to be controlled, like it is right now in BFA. You can play the game and do your thing and you won't end up totally broke and forced to farm for gold, your nest egg will slowly grow as long as you don't buy expensive stuff on the AH. That's how it should be. WoD and Legion were hyperinflationary and that was extremely harmful.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2019-09-06 at 02:33 AM.

High need of Materials = High cost
    Lower need = Lower Cost

Just like in real life ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Same is true for any other ressource in game as well. They´re limited by players´ time.

The answer to "XY is too expensive" is always "just farm it yourself then". Compare the time it takes to farm vs the time to farm the gold to buy it and you'll know what to do.

I'm guessing it's also because fewer and fewer people bother to gather their own materials and buy them from the AH instead.

With only relatively few suppliers but many buyers, the prices go up. Supply and demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunachar View Post
    I'm guessing it's also because fewer and fewer people bother to gather their own materials and buy them from the AH instead.

With only relatively few suppliers but many buyers, the prices go up. Supply and demand.
    meh, i wonder how much that's true though

the average player still has at least one gathering proff
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

That's simply economics supply/demand

Dont need buzz-words addons like TSM or undermine journal
    lolz. anyone that grinds AH and doesnt use TSM is just doing it wrong.

I mean you can do it if you want, but why on gods earth would you want to waste all that time?

Quote Originally Posted by Thzz View Post
    lolz. anyone that grinds AH and doesnt use TSM is just doing it wrong.

I mean you can do it if you want, but why on gods earth would you want to waste all that time?
    Tell me one thing that would help me. Automating just creates wrong prices and adds clunk. I've soon sold for over 20 million in BFA, Im good with just that 1 addon.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

And it was that day the Billy got his first lesson in economics.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Gold is indeed infinite, but that doesn't mean inflation will continue. The devs could make the economy overall deflationary by increasing costs on mandatory goldsinks like repairs, flights, AH fees, etc. That would be a very bad idea though, as it's regressive and would hurt the experience for the vast majority of poor folk playing the game while leaving the rich bastards largely unimpacted.

You actually want inflation, but you want it to be controlled, like it is right now in BFA. You can play the game and do your thing and you won't end up totally broke and forced to farm for gold, your nest egg will slowly grow as long as you don't buy expensive stuff on the AH. That's how it should be. WoD and Legion were hyperinflationary and that was extremely harmful.
    The interesting thing is that gold is we now have a direct link between gold and money. $20 = 170,000g. With that in mind, people now decide if 1,000g here or there is worth it to them. Is it worth it for a 2,000g emissary if it takes 10mins? What if it takes 5mins? At what point is your time worth more?

For those of us that "play" the AH, it really is just buy->craft->sell. Made millions just by doing that. Even now in after 8.2 came out, I make 50k per day buy->craft->sell, play game -> sell excess.

The main issue isn't that things cost so much, it is that there are so few people selling. With the barrier to entry so low on crafting items, it is amazing how few people actually try to sell stuff.

We are still feeling the effects of WoD and Legion gold inflation, and anything blizzard does to improve the gold supply will only make the effects last longer. The best thing they have done is the mounts that cost absurd amounts like the 5million gold mount. Keep making fun, useful products like that and we will destroy our gold for it. That is how you deflate the rich while not affecting the poor at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    As long as people are buying those flasks for 1k, people will keep selling them for that. End of story. Prices drop when people don't buy things.

Quote Originally Posted by mmouser View Post
    We are still feeling the effects of WoD and Legion gold inflation, and anything blizzard does to improve the gold supply will only make the effects last longer. The best thing they have done is the mounts that cost absurd amounts like the 5million gold mount. Keep making fun, useful products like that and we will destroy our gold for it. That is how you deflate the rich while not affecting the poor at all.
    Exactly right, you want to take money away from the super-rich while not hurting the poor. Regressive vs progressive economic policies.

The WoW economy is slowly recovering from WoD/Legion disastrous inflation, but many players that borderline exploited gold missions in those expansions like me still have many, many, millions of gold. I already bought the 5 million mount and yet money doesn't matter to me, I wouldn't waste the time to bend over to pick up 1000 gold but we have world quests rewarding 150 gold. That isn't good, because I have zero incentive to play that content. Blizzard needs to get my money out of the economy.