Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    A real AH Baron would just buy the Hexweave bags for cheap and resell them for the "real" price.

I used to sell uncut meta gems

I would buy a ton of ore and just prospect it all. To break even I would need to sell each meta gem at 30g, so of course I undercut the guy selling at 110g by 10g. They decided to undercut me at 99g. So I posted another 100 for 90g. This went on till I was at 70g. They bought up everything I posted and then reset the price at 110g. They didn't realize I had so much supply I continued to post another 100 at 70g. They bought that up too. So I posted another 100 for 70g. They gave up, I broke them. I controlled the market posting at 110g.

Not everyone wanna spend their time in wow with camping the AH 24/7, undercutting eachothers arbsurdly overpriced auctions with 1 copper.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    So I have been the primary supplier of Hexweave Bags on my tiny server for the past several years. I have also dabbled in the other easily crafted bags as the expansions have come and gone in order to be involved in the secondary markets. These are not the only things I do/sell on the AH, but it is a large chunk of my profits. I have 18 toons sitting in their garrisons and by my estimates I provide about 60-70% of all the Hexweave Bags on the server. According to the undermine journal I was the #1 seller and the #4 seller, Horde and Alliance sides respectively for Hexweave Bags.

My philosophy for the AH is sell what everyone needs, and everyone needs bags. Seeing as I'm doing this to make gold, I will occasionally buy up and reset when conditions are favorable in order to keep the average price up. My reset price is 4500, which is absurd for a bag yes, but I don't expect them to sell for that price. I just want every Joe Schmoe's auction addon to get that price point in and bring the average up so when then invariably get undercut by people who know nothing about how to make a profit I can at least get some sales in the decent price range.

My beef comes from people undercutting by such wildly random and huge jumps. Say I reset to 4500, within an hour it's already down to 1800, and within another hour it's down to 1000. If everyone stopped undercutting by these ridiculous amounts we could all make a bit more gold. This is like in A Beautiful Mind, the game theory in the bar stuff, if everyone plays nice we all get to get lucky, whereas if we all trip and stab each other we all go home to a date with Rosie Palms.

I can only come up with two reasons someone would undercut 4500 to 1800. Either they don't think they can sell at 4500 and they thing I'm a greedy bastard for posting them that high and they are being all Robin Hood undercutting to the "real price", or their AH addon is set up to post at the "average" price and they just don't care enough about making gold.

I'm just a bit more salty about it of late as all week some rando with 50 bags has been dumping all of his load at once. I would never post that many at once b/c I'm not wasting all that gold on deposits when there is no chance you can sell that many, and I'm not going to buy up that many to reset. I'm obviously in this for the long haul. I have 2 accounts and my wife has 1 that we have not paid for with real dollars since tokens came out. Accounts are all paid for 7+ months and still have $250 in bnet balance. I'm just sitting there the few times I check AH throughout the day flabbergasted at what must be going through some of these people's heads when they are "playing the AH". I feel like I've stumbled upon a toddler who thinks he's playing the big boy game, when in actuality he's just shitting all over the Clue board and going "pewpew" with the revolver while saying Captain Ketchup did it.
    Maybe he just thinks you're an asshole for trying to reset price instead of letting it naturally go down the way it should, so he posts at the normal price it should be. The amount of bags he puts is just to discourage you to buy everything to play your little scam.

I say post your stuff and stop "playing" the AH.

i love to crash markets, i love the salt of video-game capitalist tears.
    everytime a powerposter attempts a reset, my intervention is swift and just. got every profession, 4 gbanks mats, 2gbanks ench, flask and insc, 1 gbank jewels. i control the craft mount markets guaranteeing stability around 25-35k (77skygolems, 18 engis, 14k BoS, 22 rockets, 41 vials etc.), , and my grand finale is to advance my approach of public welfare to TCG-market*.

the singular option is to adapt, cuz u hobos cant mess with 438m industry.
    achieved by simply forcing accessible prices, the market growth verifies me.

*i know it seems impossible due to the very limited supply and the high-investment, but what separates the real players from the hobos is a(n altered) Marx quote: the limits r in ur head...

/edit btw - thx for the tip, i completely forget about bags, as there r already 46 core-markets on my watch.
    Last edited by Final Verdict; 2019-08-01 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Final Verdict View Post
    i love to crash markets, i love the salt of video-game capitalist tears.
    everytime a powerposter attempts a reset, my intervention is swift and just. got every profession, 4 gbanks mats, 2gbanks ench, flask and insc, 1 gbank jewels. i control the craft mount markets guaranteeing stability around 25-35k (77skygolems, 18 engis, 14k BoS, 22 rockets, 41 vials etc.), , and my grand finale is to advance my approach of public welfare to TCG-market*.

the singular option is to adapt, cuz u hobos cant mess with 438m industry.
    achieved by simply forcing accessible prices, the market growth verifies me.

*i know it seems impossible due to the very limited supply and the high-investment, but what separates the real players from the hobos is a(n altered) Marx quote: the limits r in ur head...

/edit btw - thx for the tip, i completely forget about bags, as there r already 46 core-markets on my watch.
    400 million sold, or 400 million in goods? Im always highly interested in your kind of player ^^ I imagine you haft to spend a lot of time on the AH, Im just doing 1 hour a day or so tops.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I put up stuff at a lower price cause i want them to sell. I have no interest of putting the things up for auction several days in a row cause i want to earn 5g more by selling them at the "optimal" price

So I have been the primary supplier of Hexweave Bags on my tiny server for the past several years. I have also dabbled in the other easily crafted bags as the expansions have come and gone in order to be involved in the secondary markets. These are not the only things I do/sell on the AH, but it is a large chunk of my profits. I have 18 toons sitting in their garrisons and by my estimates I provide about 60-70% of all the Hexweave Bags on the server. According to the undermine journal I was the #1 seller and the #4 seller, Horde and Alliance sides respectively for Hexweave Bags.

My philosophy for the AH is sell what everyone needs, and everyone needs bags. Seeing as I'm doing this to make gold, I will occasionally buy up and reset when conditions are favorable in order to keep the average price up. My reset price is 4500, which is absurd for a bag yes, but I don't expect them to sell for that price. I just want every Joe Schmoe's auction addon to get that price point in and bring the average up so when then invariably get undercut by people who know nothing about how to make a profit I can at least get some sales in the decent price range.

My beef comes from people undercutting by such wildly random and huge jumps. Say I reset to 4500, within an hour it's already down to 1800, and within another hour it's down to 1000. If everyone stopped undercutting by these ridiculous amounts we could all make a bit more gold. This is like in A Beautiful Mind, the game theory in the bar stuff, if everyone plays nice we all get to get lucky, whereas if we all trip and stab each other we all go home to a date with Rosie Palms.

I can only come up with two reasons someone would undercut 4500 to 1800. Either they don't think they can sell at 4500 and they thing I'm a greedy bastard for posting them that high and they are being all Robin Hood undercutting to the "real price", or their AH addon is set up to post at the "average" price and they just don't care enough about making gold.

I'm just a bit more salty about it of late as all week some rando with 50 bags has been dumping all of his load at once. I would never post that many at once b/c I'm not wasting all that gold on deposits when there is no chance you can sell that many, and I'm not going to buy up that many to reset. I'm obviously in this for the long haul. I have 2 accounts and my wife has 1 that we have not paid for with real dollars since tokens came out. Accounts are all paid for 7+ months and still have $250 in bnet balance. I'm just sitting there the few times I check AH throughout the day flabbergasted at what must be going through some of these people's heads when they are "playing the AH". I feel like I've stumbled upon a toddler who thinks he's playing the big boy game, when in actuality he's just shitting all over the Clue board and going "pewpew" with the revolver while saying Captain Ketchup did it.
    Many players would often undercut by a ridiculous amount so that the items sell faster. Maybe you'll buy these way undercut items and repost them again in the AH for a bigger price.

One way I was making millions in Legion was by buying stacks of Felslate that were too cheap and I'd buy all the non-200 stacks. Then I'd post full 200 stacks of Felslate for a way bigger price per item and it would all sell, because players are actually willing to pay more for full stacks.

Another reason is price elasticity.

Which would you rather do?

Sell two items at 4,500

Or 10 of the same item at 1,900

sounds like you chose the former others chose the latter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like gold and find it useful, but I hate playing the AH, so if I have to relist something a second time or someone has the same thing listed well above the average sale price that leads me to suspect a small undercut will probably not sell, I will usually undercut by a larger amount just to unload the thing. I really, really, really hate having to relist things multiple times so I'm going to do my best to find the sweet spot between "makes a fair profit" and "sells the first time."

That said, I don't sell things in bulk so worst case if someone hates my pricing they can buy it and relist it. If they want to make money that way, they can go for it. I just want it out of my bags.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Is it really the "real price" of bags if you're constantly price fixing the market to your desires?

Just buy up all the competition at the "ridiculous price" and resell if that is the "real value". The laws of supply and demand seem to indicate your price isn't the real price though if you can't move the bags by buying and reselling at the higher rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    what if people don't think those bags are worth that much, and sell them for what they think they are worth?
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    Because not everyone is a fucking greedy asshole.

No one gives two shits about your "profit margins." People like you are what have made the AH a worthless shithole.

And this.

If you're selling above mats cost + ah cut and it's an easily repeatable process (nothing rare) then you're making profit.

If you're trying to reset a market high in the sky, then you're taking a gamble.

I love market resetters that keep buying my shit I can dump endless amounts of, at a profit. It's the best customer imaginable.

I love aggressively undercutting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunachar View Post
    This.

And this.
    excellent necro dude

if i can snipe a cheap for a ridiculous price i have no problem to do big undercuts, just for a flash sale

that doesn't work with bulk sales of course
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow