View Poll Results: Would you like to have new character models in classic WoW?

Voters
351. This poll is closed
  • Yes

172 49.00%
  • No

179 51.00%
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    Well, just as I said.
    Big revelation you've had. You could've asked anyone I've known throughout my whole life on that one. When something is clearly defined and then when people starting to believe against the clear definition they become wrong

Brand new models would look hideously out of place next to vanilla gear, vanilla textures, vanilla NPCs, vanilla terrain etc etc.

The difference in overall graphic quality is rather noticeable between vanilla and modern wow so personally i would never use modern models in vanilla.

90% of all doodads and npcs already have an updated version. An example was the globes of azeroth showing additional continents even in old content after new expansion added new globes.

If it is successful, we might see a reforged version in the future. They could even introduce pre cata and after cata zones in retail at the same time (if it would make sense gameplay wise to go back there.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    Guild banks and LFD actually change the gameplay and experience of vanilla. Your argument is to prevent people from seeing the game how the way to see it, because YOU and your community don't want to be seen in a different light. Better models isn't something to appeal to modern wow fans, if you believe that you are delusional. The old models are bad, some of them are awful to look at (Molten Giants). Wanting to see better models doesn't make you a modern wow fan or a classic wow fan it makes you someone who doesn't want to see garbage when they are playing a game.
    and guess what? new character models changes the look of classic, which is supposed to be an authentic recreation of vanilla.
    again, why should you get your ONE PET CHANGE, and no one else?
    and better models is ENTIRELY SUBJECTIVE. plenty of people prefer the old models over the new ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    The line is drawn when things impact gameplay. Cosmetics like models or spell animations don't have any impact on the majority of the game, they just make someones time playing the game better if they so chose to use updated things.

- - - Updated - - -

Aren't client mods technically illegal under copyright laws?
    blizzard seems to disagree with you on where the line is, seeing as they are using old models...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Janaa View Post
    Huh? We don't have a toggle in classic for how OTHERS see you. You may have a toggle for how YOU see *all* models, but not for changing other peoples selected model option. There is not a selective toggle where you get to choose how other people see your character.
    but by changing how you see models, you're fundamentally changing how you see person x.
    let me put it in perspective.
    person x is an old human model with grey hair and green eyes.
    you toggle new models and it changes how he looks, potentially changing his hair color and eye color. this can have a huge impact on RP players.

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    and guess what? new character models changes the look of classic, which is supposed to be an authentic recreation of vanilla.
    again, why should you get your ONE PET CHANGE, and no one else?
    and better models is ENTIRELY SUBJECTIVE. plenty of people prefer the old models over the new ones.

- - - Updated - - -

blizzard seems to disagree with you on where the line is, seeing as they are using old models...

- - - Updated - - -

but by changing how you see models, you're fundamentally changing how you see person x.
    let me put it in perspective.
    person x is an old human model with grey hair and green eyes.
    you toggle new models and it changes how he looks, potentially changing his hair color and eye color. this can have a huge impact on RP players.
    that is not how it worked on introduction... it is the closest to the previous one on retail. not random switch

I'd like the option but not have it forced.

So many of the new models look worse. Does anyone seriously think the new Tauren model looks better? I mean, come on.

As a self-appointed authority on the subject and from where I view the current situation on my lofty perch...

No!!!

There is no compelling reason to have "NEW" models in a game advertised as "OLD".

For anyone using that garbage excuse "I want people to see my character exactly the way I created it!"

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/...es_adding_set/

You can console command model swap the Undead models with the Chinese variants.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Factsbeforefeelings View Post
    For anyone using that garbage excuse "I want people to see my character exactly the way I created it!"

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/...es_adding_set/

You can console command model swap the Undead models with the Chinese variants.
    And there are also many models that you can't. And there're bunch of topics on the forum asking to make this part of customization, but they are refused. No need to look for logic in Blizzard, they themselves often don't follow the rules. Of course, fact is that they don't want to spare time on organizing separate client part, since this part will then have to be separately “moderated” in Chinese version.

Character appearance (choice) is part of gameplay in this particular situation, it has already been proven (up there). And therefore, flaw you indicated is more of an “unaccounted bug” than legalized game rule. Is it clear? They just don't consider it necessary (and, perhaps, be possible) to correct it at current stage. So, your argument crumbled.

Have a nice day
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-08-13 at 10:04 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Brand new models would look hideously out of place next to vanilla gear, vanilla textures, vanilla NPCs, vanilla terrain etc etc.

The difference in overall graphic quality is rather noticeable between vanilla and modern wow so personally i would never use modern models in vanilla.
    You don't seem to get it. Please stop copying and pasting nonsense from other people. New models does not only refer to player models, but to NPC models as well. The classic environment, textures and terrain...etc has almost been fully remastered and is already in the game.

As for the vanilla gear textures, the richest people playing retail pay millions of gold in the black market auction house just to get these very outdated vanilla class sets that have been removed from the retail version.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    I realy don´t mind the old models,
    If it is a option yes sure

THERE IS NO REASON TO NOT HAVE THEM AS A OPTION!

it works on private servers #nochanges means shit as it just a bunch of cry babies who won't ever see the new models anyways they are like SJW's they want you to not just accept what they like, they want to force you to like what they like......

ALSO LETS BE HONEST

first hacks for wow classic will be injecting new models in and transmog

there is a reason blizzard undid there ban wave because the people were not *maliciously hacking or cheating*
    Last edited by Arthas242; 2019-08-13 at 11:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Transmog and new models should definitely be included as an option.
    Don't want them - don't use. Your choice.

Any changes which aren't affecting gameplay but are purely cosmetic, have the right to exist. You can always toggle them on or off.
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2019-08-13 at 11:31 AM.

I absolutely loathe the old models, and I've played since '06. As an option, I would love it. And everyone who says "no changes", we can already mod the UI to look nothing like classic, and have game functionality (questie, etc.) that's nothing like classic. Just let us who want the new models be able to use them. Pleeeaase!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    Transmog and new models should definitely be included as an option.
    Don't want them - don't use. Your choice.

Any changes which aren't affecting gameplay but are purely cosmetic, have the right to exist. You can always toggle them on or off.
    well said, never understood #nochanges when none of this actually changes the game play...just enhances experience OPTIONS ARE A GOOD THING!

No. New models are cool, but their skeletons and animations are shit. And most people won't be able to resist enabling newer models.

I want my character to be stuck on /kneel animation after looting mobs, also!
    Last edited by iosdeveloper; 2019-08-13 at 11:56 AM.

Absolutely not.

Hell no, I don't want them in retail lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself