Has the warrior meta-gearing flopped to crit?

So I noticed that Method had a warrior in their Azshara kill so checked them out:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...en-mill/Revvez

They are using the Benthic boots that give 3% more crit damage, gems are for crit, primary weapon enchant for crit, using two essences that prioritize crit (but with haste boosts), and our BiS trinket is the Ashvane Razor Coral which also is a huge crit boost.

Also simming my character has crit as a priority.

So it's feeling like we're back to crit now over haste.

Enchant and 3 separate instances of overwhelming power should give Revvez enough haste at times. Crit for big boom damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    So I noticed that Method had a warrior in their Azshara kill so checked them out:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...en-mill/Revvez

They are using the Benthic boots that give 3% more crit damage, gems are for crit, primary weapon enchant for crit, using two essences that prioritize crit (but with haste boosts), and our BiS trinket is the Ashvane Razor Coral which also is a huge crit boost.

Also simming my character has crit as a priority.

So it's feeling like we're back to crit now over haste.
    Eventually the higher you go in gear crit will surpass other stats.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Eventually the higher you go in gear crit will surpass other stats.
    It doesn't work like that.

Your secondary stats increase in weight not based on iLevel but on abilities and other supporting gear.

Clearly the guy linked is well below any natural 20% haste breakpoint, which makes a lot of sense as the fight is built around multiple burst damage windows and with the essences chosen they can goose their haste whenever needed.

Meanwhile they have the boots that give 3% more crit damage. So the question is whether or not just having those boots plus a specific essence combination has now shifted the entire fury warrior gearing strategy away from haste?

The minor for focusing iris is a stacking haste proc, amounting to 5-6% depending on heart of azeroth level. He's probably just over the breakpoint while in combat.

Looking at what he stacks on Azerite, cold steel hot blood. That trait requires crit to function, so thats most probably why.
    Azeroth and Kalimdor and Northrend and Outland

It's been crit/haste all expack, its really just that now gear level as allowed our haste to be at a good level without having to gem/enchant for it and that can all go exclusively into crit. Crit is also increased in value in the raid due to the crit damage boots.

Ez - Cold Blood = more crit heavy; Haste to 20%; Mastery. if no Cold Blood, Haste to 20%, Mastery, Vers, Crit = everyone is different, sim yourself it literally 2 clicks.