Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account

Extend after few pulls?

Hey, we had hard time on 1st boss on myth. Today we finally killed her and now we are thinking about next reset. Can we extend this week kill ID after few pull on 1st boss in new reset? We should not take ID without killing bosses, so it should be possible, right?

.. why tho? First boss drops very good items and if you struggle with her you really need them. Even if you could extend - it would be not wise of you to do so.

You really shouldn't extend to begin with, the fight should be easier for the group now that you've done it + with the gear gained from both the kill and the weekly reset will further help make this easier than it was. You should be able to extend in theory (not 100%) since nothing has died yet just a glorified trash run.

But just personally I would highly advise against it since the gear will be far more beneficial to your raid group.

15+ Year Old Account
    The gear you'd earn from another kill outweighs the time it would save you to work on the next boss this early in progression. Definitely don't extend the lockout for just the first boss.

IMO extending is mostly pointless. Getting kills is important to the team and makes you better even if you end up struggling a bit. Gear makes people feel good and perform better and a few bosses in you will be really sad that you didn't take those extra weeks to gear up even if its only for one boss.

Truth be told I can only think of a few very exclusive times when extending is a good idea. First one being you are in some sort of world/server first situation, you extend, and that choice happens to make you get that kill (it has been counter to that lately, but it is possible). Next is the tier is about to come to an end and you are nearing clearing the raid. Sure, with the last few weeks try to knock out those last bosses for the win if you are having big struggles with earlier bosses. Finally, and this is an easy one, if everyone just really wants to extend. I mean it is your teams guild and raid.. so if everyone is onboard.. make the call. Right or wrong you decide your fate.

You should spend time thinking how to improve on your first kill rather than whether you should extend.

2nd and third bosses are mostly free though.

Extending before you're deep into the raid is pointless, especially on the first 3 bosses. You should as the others say, aim to kill her again for the loot.
    "DIE, INSECT!" - words to live by

You should only extend if you’re close to a kill and it’s one of the later bosses in a raid.

In all fairness unless you’re chasing world first or a top 100 kill for the achievement it’s kinda pointless to extend.

You should only extend if you work on the LAST BOSS of the raid and for some reason you don't have time to clear the raid AND ALSO you dont need the gear from the bosses. A lot of 2/7-4/7 guilds working on Jaina in spring extended, because reclear would have cost them 1/3 to 1/2 of the raid time, and they already had all the gear they needed.

We took around 15 pulls on Sivara and 5~ on each of the following bosses the first reset. Easy one-shots the second reset since gear makes all of those bosses so much easier. Would not recommend extending anything at all until the last boss or two!
    Last edited by Arainie; 2019-07-30 at 10:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    You should only extend if you’re close to a kill and it’s one of the later bosses in a raid.

In all fairness unless you’re chasing world first or a top 100 kill for the achievement it’s kinda pointless to extend.
    No world first has been gotten after an extend.. Top 100 might make sense though.

As for OP: you could, as long as you keep one of the people with the lockout outside the raid, but I don't see why you would want to..

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    IMO extending is mostly pointless. Getting kills is important to the team and makes you better even if you end up struggling a bit. Gear makes people feel good and perform better and a few bosses in you will be really sad that you didn't take those extra weeks to gear up even if its only for one boss.

Truth be told I can only think of a few very exclusive times when extending is a good idea. First one being you are in some sort of world/server first situation, you extend, and that choice happens to make you get that kill (it has been counter to that lately, but it is possible). Next is the tier is about to come to an end and you are nearing clearing the raid. Sure, with the last few weeks try to knock out those last bosses for the win if you are having big struggles with earlier bosses. Finally, and this is an easy one, if everyone just really wants to extend. I mean it is your teams guild and raid.. so if everyone is onboard.. make the call. Right or wrong you decide your fate.
    Extending is good if you focusing the last boss of tier as 2day guild and don't want to waste 1 day on farm for minor upgrades to have only one day of progress. Especially when you already have the gear to do the encounter. = 435-440

Quote Originally Posted by kappalol View Post
    Extending is good if you focusing the last boss of tier as 2day guild and don't want to waste 1 day on farm for minor upgrades to have only one day of progress. Especially when you already have the gear to do the encounter. = 435-440
    Thank you for highlighting one of my points.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jowany View Post
    Hey, we had hard time on 1st boss on myth. Today we finally killed her and now we are thinking about next reset. Can we extend this week kill ID after few pull on 1st boss in new reset? We should not take ID without killing bosses, so it should be possible, right?
    No. You'll be bound to the new raid id after your first attempt I believe. So you have to decide before you raid what you want to do.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

If you're struggling with the first boss, you might want to go back and reclear heroic, assuming the issue isn't your strat. or people making too many mistakes.

My guild is currently working on Heroic Azshara and will wait to go into mythic until we know we have the gear. Our average ilvl right now is about 425. We'll probably start mythic a couple after we down heroic Azshara. (2 more weeks of heroic clears for gear). Top 100 guilds may be able to clear Mythic bosses with that ilvl, but we definitely cannot. Point being, if you're thinking about extending the lockout on the first boss of Mythic EP, you may not be ready for it.
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte Aorus X570S Elite AX | Teamgroup DDR4 4000mhz 32GB RAM | Zotac RTX 4070 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB + SK Hynix P41 Platinum 1TB | Windows 11 Pro

“When you've burned the bridges behind you, don't go starting a fire on the one in front of you.” ― Steven Erikson, The Bonehunters

Quote Originally Posted by Jowany View Post
    To answer the question you asked since no one else did, yes you can extend the lockout if you decide to go in on a fresh ID and do a couple of pulls. You won’t get locked to an ID before something is defeated so if you give up on killing it again you can all zone out and extend the lockout.

However, to reinforce what’s already been said in here: do not extend a lockout with only the first boss dead. If you struggle that much on it then you most likely don’t understand the fight and would be better off having your players learn it even more.

Don’t extend. We had lots of difficulties on 1st boss on the first week, spent 2 or 3 days on him. But next week with all new gear we just one-shot it

Quote Originally Posted by sil3ntearth View Post
    If you're struggling with the first boss, you might want to go back and reclear heroic, assuming the issue isn't your strat. or people making too many mistakes.

My guild is currently working on Heroic Azshara and will wait to go into mythic until we know we have the gear. Our average ilvl right now is about 425. We'll probably start mythic a couple after we down heroic Azshara. (2 more weeks of heroic clears for gear). Top 100 guilds may be able to clear Mythic bosses with that ilvl, but we definitely cannot. Point being, if you're thinking about extending the lockout on the first boss of Mythic EP, you may not be ready for it.
    In all honesty Azshara has a million mechanics for a heroic boss, the first boss in mythic is probably similar and behemoth/radiance are both easier, imo. Might help to try mythic first-3 rather than worry about heroic clears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3ntearth View Post

Umm. Did you guys do that for BOD also?

To answer OP's question. No, if you extend you get locked to that ID and cant go back and reset to start the instance again in Mythic.

The first boss in EP is harder than the first boss in the last like 5 tiers. Blizzard didnt like being called out for making Champions a faceroll encounter. So they made Sivara comparatively hard. That being said, if you have 5-6 good healers and a raid team who generally knows ho to drop pools and dodge projectiles, it is killable.

Use Vantus if you are struggling. Dont extend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Waste of gear tbh.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..