Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    no, but playing a DH doesnt magically make you a good player.
    any class played by a decent player will outperform some dumbass fotm DH reroller.
    the other classes are underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    no, but playing a DH doesnt magically make you a good player.
    Not sure if anyone ever implied otherwise. The prevailing cliché is more so that playing a DH makes you a bad player, which is also nonsense.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Is that with the meta talent that gives a miniscule amount of leech? Cuz without that, I haven't notice much in the way of self healing in m+ aside from dropping Nova on a pack (but that's mostly for the eyebeam cdr). We have bombass defensives though.
    You're forgetting the healing from Fury spent with one of our traits, absorbs from our orbs, healing from our orbs, etc. Demon hunters have multiple forms of self healing, not just leech.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

I get so much pity and weird looks when I tell people I'm 29 without a part er and kids it's incredible. I'm not hating on anyone who has kids or want to get married but Jesus h rollerblading Christ it's not for everyone! I can , right now, go or do whatever I want . In fact I can always do that. That is freedom I really enjoy.

No, they're not overrated. They are top tier. AoE stun, CC, ranged interrupt, huge burst, big cd, self sustain with leech, mobility. It's for good reason.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    They are annoying on bursting week. Spamming thier aoe combos like it's no one's business ticking up mad stacks
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

you wanne know why dh > rest?

overall dps is better to my knowledge but thats arguable.

Tons of cc.
    Tons of deff abilities
    immunity
    tons of selfheal

They simply got it all.
    If you compare it to other classes: these are missing cc or tankiness or dps or whatever. But the dh just got it all. In one pakcage. Without any other costs. You see dh with big ilvl and as long as he presses eyebeam once in a while you're gucci

I only do keys 12-15 this season, depending on weekly affix, and DH's are overrated that I would rather take a good elemental then a DH. I feel that their rio is inflated and carried by their class, and in 12+ keys, their utility stuff isn't needed, nor does it make much difference at my keyrange.

If I go with an alt and farm 5 or 8 keys for quick gearing, then yes, DH are kings cause even the lowly 200 rio player can pop eyebeam and make the run go faster. This is the bracket where 3 button whackamole spam specs is invited first.

I don't even invite rogues anymore, cause so few players in my bracket use their toolkit anyway. Rarely I see them use vanish, gouge, kick as interrupt, and they are lazy with tricks, or use it weird and not when I need it. Most of them are just dps bots with the kick now and then. I'd much rather have a boomkin/elemental for some ohshit moments with treants/solarbeam/earthele. I always plan for the worst, while with rogue I feel things have to go according to plan.

Combatress is the best utility for pugs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Rigth now it seems the meta for melee dps is rogue, dh or gtfo.

I ubderstand why rogues are favoured, but what's so special about DHs (talking dps spex here)? Their dps seems to be on par with pretty much all melee, they have aoe stun, but so do enh and ww. Feral and DKs bring combat ress, rets can offheal pretty good. Enh has better interrupts and can purge without cd.

It's not a rant, I'm just trying to genuinely understand why DHs are conaider better picks for melee spots than everyone else (except rogues).
    1. DH burst
    2. Aoe stun
    3. Aoe slow for necrotic kite
    4. Taunt and blur for tank pressure
    5. Darkness
    6. Magic debuff
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    1. DH burst
    2. Aoe stun
    3. Aoe slow for necrotic kite
    4. Taunt and blur for tank pressure
    5. Darkness
    6. Magic debuff
    Don't forget instant cast cc, interupt that gives back resources so an effective dps gain, frequent on demand burst aoe damage and a ton of self healing to lighten the load on the healer.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Don't forget instant cast cc, interupt that gives back resources so an effective dps gain, frequent on demand burst aoe damage and a ton of self healing to lighten the load on the healer.
    i know but after number 6 i felt guilty for playing havoc so i stopped XD
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    i know but after number 6 i felt guilty for playing havoc so i stopped XD
    To be a little fair it makes a lot of sense that a class/spec made at the same time mythic plus became a thing is very well suited for it. I do get a chuckle out of all the people that shit on blue and darkness when they first saw them.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    To be a little fair it makes a lot of sense that a class/spec made at the same time mythic plus became a thing is very well suited for it. I do get a chuckle out of all the people that shit on blue and darkness when they first saw them.
    That was indeed my biggest draw to it. Like I love my balance druid and had played it consistently for so long in hardcore raiding and casual. But demonhunter just felt so.........polished? Smooth? I dunno but it just feels perfect lol.

I agree, but the game still need to be balanced. Right now some classes just have way more utility in M+ than others. I play an Outlaw Rogue and sometimes I feel bad that my spec has so much utility when other specs have so little