Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    PlayStation 4 has sold 100 million units, On pace for most sold console ever.

    https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/30/2...lion-milestone

    Sony’s PlayStation 4 console has been a huge hit for the company, and it has now hit the 100 million sales milestone. Sony revealed in its latest earnings that the company sold 3.2 million PS4 devices in the quarter ended June 30th, meaning exactly 100 million have now been sold in total. Sony was previously sitting at 96.8 million PlayStation 4 consoles after the previous quarter.

    While sales of the PS4 might be slowing down, it’s still the fastest home game consoles to reach 100 million unit sales, according to Daniel Ahmad, Senior Analyst at Niko Partners. That’s faster than both the PlayStation 2 and Nintendo’s popular Wii console. The PlayStation 4 reached this milestone after just 5 years and 7 months, and less than 3 years after passing 50 million sales.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|8GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  2. #2
    That's neat.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

  3. #3
    PS4 has been a good console not going to lie. Usually I buy a console for a couple big exclusives and they collect a lot of dust between them. PS4 has kept me rather entertained most of its time.

  4. #4
    Banned Saninicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Iron city of Dis
    Posts
    5,538
    Sonys ass backwards censorship policy. Got me eyeing a switch. I can't fathom why they decided to back track on what made them popular with many.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Sonys ass backwards censorship policy. Got me eyeing a switch. I can't fathom why they decided to back track on what made them popular with many.
    You mean the censoring they have done on some very very niche titles...

    Ill give you a hint on why they did it, loli laws. If you want to buy a switch to see some anime tits go for it.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|8GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You mean the censoring they have done on some very very niche titles...

    Ill give you a hint on why they did it, loli laws. If you want to buy a switch to see some anime tits go for it.
    This just in: Nintendo Switch sees huge surge of sales due to uncensored anime tiddies. Sony suffers.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

  7. #7
    Banned Saninicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Iron city of Dis
    Posts
    5,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You mean the censoring they have done on some very very niche titles...

    Ill give you a hint on why they did it, loli laws. If you want to buy a switch to see some anime tits go for it.
    Bud it ain't just loli content. Im not a Visial novel guy but I detest censorship. They've censored DMC and a few other titles as well due to their INTERNAL rules. https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/...on-4-releases/

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Bud it ain't just loli content. Im not a Visial novel guy but I detest censorship. They've censored DMC and a few other titles as well due to their INTERNAL rules. https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/...on-4-releases/
    The DMC thing was gone after the first patch and clearly not dictated by Sony but nice try.

    I have yet to see them censor anything that isn't lolis being sexualized, and let's be honest if you want to look at that it gets 9 weird out of 10 my dude. Also games that sell like sub 100k units so why would Sony risk their image on that weird shit? They shouldn't.

  9. #9
    Banned Saninicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Iron city of Dis
    Posts
    5,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The DMC thing was gone after the first patch and clearly not dictated by Sony but nice try.

    I have yet to see them censor anything that isn't lolis being sexualized, and let's be honest if you want to look at that it gets 9 weird out of 10 my dude. Also games that sell like sub 100k units so why would Sony risk their image on that weird shit? They shouldn't.
    Steam and switch are selling the exact same games like omega labyrinth uncensored. Besides you got life is strange 2 that features an underage sex scene. Strange (no pun intended) you didn't bring that up. Some devs like arcsys have flat out told sony they won't censor games for them like arcs kill la kill.

  10. #10
    The Insane PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    19,839
    I hope they learned that business practices that they brought over from the PS2, and ones that didn't work with the PS3. Nintendo is extremely portable, Xbox is very price friendly with a touch of portability. Sony is going to have to asset more than just name recognition next-gen.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Steam and switch are selling the exact same games like omega labyrinth uncensored. Besides you got life is strange 2 that features an underage sex scene. Strange (no pun intended) you didn't bring that up. Some devs like arcsys have flat out told sony they won't censor games for them like arcs kill la kill.
    Oh boy, my dude out here comparing a teenage sex scene between consenting teenagers to sexualizing girls that look 12 or younger.

    Weird my dude.

    Sony also allowed it for awhile, hell for a time it was a meme that the vita was only good for games like this. Steam probably doesn't care but I highly doubt Nintendo will keep allowing it if they start to become "known" for it like the vita meme was for Sony.

    Also ASW doesn't make anything worthy of being censored, you keep trying to throw out buzz words but it just comes down to 1 simple thing. If you care about this then you like loli fan service. You do you, but it's still weird to most of the western world. Hell it's even looked down on in Japan outside of otaku culture.

    Lastly this thread isn't even about this shit, and if you think some niche as fuck Japanese games that sell 100k units or less is moving any needles for PS4 sales wise idk what to tell you. For the most part the world does not care about this crusade you're on, hell for the most part the world doesn't even know these games exist and for the most part people would be disturbed upon discovering them.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-07-31 at 06:25 AM.

  12. #12
    The Unstoppable Force breadisfunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    flying the exodar...into the sun.
    Posts
    24,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Bud it ain't just loli content. Im not a Visial novel guy but I detest censorship. They've censored DMC and a few other titles as well due to their INTERNAL rules. https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/...on-4-releases/
    i'm all for it. in fact it should go one step further and instantly put them on a list for law enforcement to purge them from society. either by the usual means of locking them up along with other pedophiles or other means....
    that said im not surprised ps4 has sold so well considering what the xbox had for a launch for the xboxone.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Steam and switch are selling the exact same games like omega labyrinth uncensored.
    Steam isn't a publicly traded company and Nintendo's main HQ isn't located the US (Unlike Sony).

    Easier ways to see anime tits if you really need to and Sony isn't going to risk their image on a game that doesn't even sniff at the sells amount their main titles do.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I hope they learned that business practices that they brought over from the PS2, and ones that didn't work with the PS3. Nintendo is extremely portable, Xbox is very price friendly with a touch of portability. Sony is going to have to asset more than just name recognition next-gen.
    Sony could keep doing what they are doing now and they will be fine.

    Between them and MS, MS isn't a threat and never has been. Nintendo is kinda in their own world so I'm sure Sony isn't worried about them ether.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i'm all for it. in fact it should go one step further and instantly put them on a list for law enforcement to purge them from society. either by the usual means of locking them up along with other pedophiles or other means....
    that said im not surprised ps4 has sold so well considering what the xbox had for a launch for the xboxone.
    Looking at drawing's doesn't make you a pedo mate.

    I could draw a stick figure in this thread and by ur logic everyone would be a pedo if I said its under 18.

    With that said that's a different topic for a different thread.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|8GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  14. #14
    Its a great console apart from the lack of backwards compatibility but at least they're correcting that with the next gen

    And the exclusives sony has this generation has been epic, far and away better than any other console exclusives.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2019-07-31 at 06:48 AM.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  15. #15
    It still has to sell another 55-58 million (depending on the source) then. Only time will tell if it can manage this after the PS5 will be released in around a year's time.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You mean the censoring they have done on some very very niche titles...
    So what. It's still censorship. Just because it's not censorship of a mainstream game many people want does not make any less problematic than censorship of a game relatively fewer people want.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ill give you a hint on why they did it, loli laws.
    No one banned Senran Kagura. No one banned Blue Reflection. No one banned Dead or Alive Xtreme. No one banned DMC 5. No one banned Omega Labyrinth Z. No one banned Catherine Full Body. No one banned Nekopara. That was all Sony's doing, and none of their paying customers asked for it.

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - Druid / Steam / MyAnimeList / IMDB - - - - - - - - - - - -

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    No one banned Senran Kagura. No one banned Blue Reflection. No one banned Dead or Alive Xtreme. No one banned DMC 5. No one banned Omega Labyrinth Z. No one banned Catherine Full Body. No one banned Nekopara. That was all Sony's doing, and none of their paying customers asked for it.
    Your right NO ONE banned them, Sony censored the loli games and DMC 5 was done by Capcom (and was removed within a week). Its already been explained in this thread why it happen (just a couple posts above).

    Don't like it go to another platform your sales won't be missed.

    Much easier ways to see anime tits and I say this as someone who owns a few of those games.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|8GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  18. #18
    Wonder how much my god of war ps4 is worth

    Quick look on ebay, looks like they go for over double the normal ps4 pro worth. May as well wait till its worth more, kek

    Although the crown jewel ps4 is those ones they did for the 500mill units sold. Think they only made 50k of em And were 2TB and a beautiful blue color
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2019-07-31 at 07:08 AM.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    This just in: Nintendo Switch sees huge surge of sales due to uncensored anime tiddies. Sony suffers.
    Yea makes sense that the switch attracts people that likes loli.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    No one banned Dead or Alive Xtreme.
    Oh look a perfect example of what they target, because only the 2 loli characters where effected by it. The rest of the cast has the full fan service package going on because they actually look like grown women.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •