Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If my memories of Vanilla are accurate, people will stay in droves just to troll Barrens Chat.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I imagine less then 50% of week 1 players hit max lvl within 90 days, I don't think a lot of those players will be dropoff in the sense they never return simply put the 50 plus percent will come in for a week or two maybe more during content luls.

This is personal opinion with 0 evidence, but I imagine if classic is reasonably popular, classic content launch will occur during Current content lulls, and we will see TBC/Wrath era content eventually launched during Current content lulls, to keep people playing and subscribed.

So personally I don't think the dropoffs will be near the doom and gloom I've seen on Reddit and to some extent here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzael View Post
    really think people who only play to lvl 6 care if their character gets wiped? guarantee most of retailer falls into the category of not even knowing when classic release date is, cause they don't care about it
    I can honestly say I do not know when it releases. I actually thought it already released a week ago cause I did notice it available to install on launcher, but I have not installed it and do not think I will any time soon.

Whenever the thought enters my mind I am reminded of all the QoL things we have now that simply won't exist in classic. Needing reagents for certain spells is a huge turn off to me for one. Hunter is out cause arrows, I do not miss that, and so on.

Pretty sure it's all coming blizzard smart move to bait you for easy grab cash and fuck us all over. I held it so hard and knew some funky signs inc it wouldn't be that good and won't last.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    People who don't have time to throw away don't play MMOs. Period.
    Modern wow does not demand nearly as much time as vanilla did. That is just a fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    I give it an honest Month
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    Modern wow does not demand nearly as much time as vanilla did. That is just a fact.
    No modern MMO follows Classic's gameplay methodology for one reason

Its out of date and useless. Classic has an established playerbase and fanbase..a new MMO that decides to go with 2004 gameplay and idiotic timewasting trivia will have a lifespan shorter than Wildstar.

Q: When is the best time to sell an MMO with 2004 gameplay?

A: In 2004

10+ Year Old Account
    No idea or even prediction on how large the drop-off will be. From launch day to six months out, it's likely to be sizable. From three months out to six months out, no clue. The game may stabilize rather quickly after the initial rush and in the best of all possible worlds grow a bit afterwards. I think measuring from launch to say, sixty days after launch, is irrelevant. The important thing will be to know what's going on with after it stabilizes.

Say you have 600,000 accounts accessing the game during the first week. Now say that that drops to 300,000 after ten-to-twelve weeks. There's your baseline. Now go out to 12 months. If there are 350,000 active accounts at that point, I'd say that's a pretty big win. If it's down to 100,000 or less then it's not.

We won't be given that information but I doubt if the game is going anywhere after launch so I'd recommend that people enjoy themselves, take their time and have some fun seeing what the game was like when it was new.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-08-04 at 06:22 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Classic will dominate Twitch and be huge until Nov 15 when a new Jedi game is out. Kinda like how RDR2 killed bfa.
    One Sweet Dream

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hittion View Post
    I expect a rather large drop off after the first month or so. Especially with how many people are hyping up warriors with no idea how dreadful they are to level.

After though though... I expect a mostly stable population with slight decay over time.
    Yeah, I'm expecting a lot of people to roll warriors in Classic but abandon said warriors before they reach level 30. There is a lot of hype about how strong warriors are in Classic, and that's true (geared warriors at 60 are indeed insanely strong, especially when you get to the point of a Naxx-geared fury warrior who can kill things by glancing at them sideways), but that hype usually doesn't mention how A) warriors are a pain in the ass to level in Classic and B) getting geared enough to be that strong is a long, painful road.

I'll be rolling a warrior, but in my case, I've mained one for the last 14 years (which included leveling/gearing one in Classic), so I know what to expect. People who think they're going to roll warriors and just steamroll everything they encounter right out of the gate will not have a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Yeah, I'm expecting a lot of people to roll warriors in Classic but abandon said warriors before they reach level 30. There is a lot of hype about how strong warriors are in Classic, and that's true (geared warriors at 60 are indeed insanely strong, especially when you get to the point of a Naxx-geared fury warrior who can kill things by glancing at them sideways), but that hype usually doesn't mention how A) warriors are a pain in the ass to level in Classic and B) getting geared enough to be that strong is a long, painful road.

I'll be rolling a warrior, but in my case, I've mained one for the last 14 years (which included leveling/gearing one in Classic), so I know what to expect. People who think they're going to roll warriors and just steamroll everything they encounter right out of the gate will not have a good time.
    I am heading warrior after a decade of mage and warrior myself though my mentality is I want that uphill battle at the start.

I have a sinking suspicion that the ease and relative massive power of sword rogues early is going to lead to a lot more of them making it to 60. Still what do you call a raid with 34 warriors?

The perfect comp

Will drop down to a few hunderd thousand people playing it regularly (several times a week).

Within 3 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Classic will lose approx 40% of it's players in 3 months. But the 60% that stay will still outnumber those playing BfA.
    good thing they get to pay for retail development. and a complete lack of classic updates through 2020 while retail gets a new xpac.

thanks again.

Of the people that try it 80% will burn out quit before 60.

Of course the dropoff is going to be massive, anyone that doesn't think so is blind.

The question is what number will the community think is "okay".

We live in a, "fuckin dead game LOL" world right now and some folks just don't deal with that well at all.

cant be any worse than the bfa dropoff
    This isn't the same company. They are not in touch with the playerbase, they are hellbent on profit, and yea companies deserve profit, but not at the cost of the health of the game, and they became their own worst enemy. WoW was special not because of vanilla, bc, or wrath. No nostalgia here. It was special because of Blizzards involvement with the community, which is all but lost now. They changed everything into the least possible communication with the community.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    good thing they get to pay for retail development. and a complete lack of classic updates through 2020 while retail gets a new xpac.

thanks again.
    WoW... so much jealousy. Silly... they (we) are paying for the privilege to play the game when it was actually good, while retail players get to pay $50 for yet another unfinished, things deleted, full of "experiments that don't work out like Blizzard planned, full of store mounts/pets, grains of sand grinding, catch everyone up every content patch, pile of utter trash.

The very BEST thing about Classic is they won't/can't change it. 22 Days BABY!
    Last edited by Maudib; 2019-08-05 at 01:05 PM.

People will surprised by the slow slow grind (not that it is much compared to other games, but compared to retail, auvie). I would not be surprised to see 70% of people casually joining leaving and 30% of those looking forward to it dropping off as well. This is at least what I experienced in vanilla, and I expect it to be the same now. I think it will be roughly the same as vanilla, because at least now, people are more informed about the grind, so that should not come as a surprise anymore, but on the other hand people will be conditioned enough by other games to not survive the grind either way. So yeah, probably evens out in the end.

Can't wait for my first time in Deadmines
    What a journey it was

Don't think the drop off will be huge. People are coming to classic for a reason.