10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohtra View Post
    I'm sorry but you aren't going to convince me that this is a good reason for why "delver" wouldn't be used as an expansion title. It's nonsense that a native English word like "delver" wouldn't be used. It's not some word someone made up for this title by adding "er" to "delve". The word "delver", as a noun, has existed in English for centuries.
    I'm native French speaker and for my fellow french speaking friends/acquaintances i'm a really good English language user (i wouldn't say speaker but reading, listening and writing). I'm really above average and i can tell you that Delver is a world even i never heard of.

First time i saw the "leak" Delver wasn't a word i knew off. I knew of to delve and i made the connection, but even "to delve" isn't something people around me would know. Those are not common words. We would either use "to dig", or "get into" or "jump in" or stuff like that.

So i can clearly say that is it's really the name of the next expansion, you can bet a lot of people with just say "wtf delver even means". Delver sounds like the name of a new character or something.

Discussing so much the word "delver" makes clear that we really need some news.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Descent into the Shadows would of been a much more believable name.

But on to the screencap itself. Isn't it amazing people take a pics of these leaked trailers but its always of the most boring or extremely obscure part of the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

But on to the screencap itself. Isn't it amazing people take a pics of these leaked trailers but its always of the most boring or extremely obscure part of the video.
    "Into the Shadows" would already be enough, tells everything, sounds way better and is mostly self-explanatory.

(not saying it sounds good though)
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Discussing so much the word "delver" makes clear that we really need some news.
    Given the 8.3 vendor build last week we should be getting some news on the 8.3 PTR sometime soon. Possibly this week even.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I assure you 99.9% of non-native speakers don't know what "delver" means even if they know "to delve into". Has nothing to do with me not knowing what it means, it's a word you'll never come across as a non-native speaker besides a very special context.
    I mean, Delving is a pretty standard word in fantasy/rpg... You Delve into dungeons.

Though I do not disagree with your assesment that it is indeed an ugly title.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Shadow has Affliction, Demonology, Sublety, Unholy, and Shadow, and is contained in Frost(DK), Blood, Destruction, Havok, and Vengeance specs.

You don't think that's enough?
    shadow is only a couple spells for warlock, shadow priest, and sub rogue.

dk's all necromancy.

dh darkness spell MIGHT be shadow, but i'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

dk's all necromancy.

dh darkness spell MIGHT be shadow, but i'm not sure.
    I think all or almost all Affliction lock specs are shadow. The in-game description of the spec even says this: "A master of shadow magic who specializes in drains and damage-over-time spells."

I think all or almost all Affliction lock specs are shadow. The in-game description of the spec even says this: "A master of shadow magic who specializes in drains and damage-over-time spells."
    it's fel and probably some death magic.

shadowbolt itself has green fel in it.

there might not even be any shadow magic there at all. things doing shadow damage is just gameplay, blizz failed to put proper spell schools for damage calculation.

there might not even be any shadow magic there at all. things doing shadow damage is just gameplay, blizz failed to put proper spell schools for damage calculation.
    You can log in yourself and see almost all Affliction lock spells show voidy-shadowy stuff when you cast them. There is virtually no fel in retail WoW's shadowbolt.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

Of course, since it's the easiest one to fake

You can log in yourself and see almost all Affliction lock spells show voidy-shadowy stuff when you cast them. There is virtually no fel in retail WoW's shadowbolt.
    we see fel manifest as what looks like shadow.

the fact that there's green in it shows it's fel.

affliction is very clearly based off the orc necrolytes from the RTS, who used fel and necromancy. necromany manipulating the spirits, for things like phantom singularity and death bolt, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing that you believe that a spec called "Shadow Priest" only has a "couple" of shadow spells.

That just shows how intellectually dishonest you're being right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarel View Post
    more updates i made:
    Now all you need is Alleria with the number "3" written above her and it will be complete.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Non-canon, but I think "shadow magic" is a catch-all term that comprises both void and death magic.

Yes, I know that Chronicle calls Void also "Shadow" in the cosmic power chart, but it really feels to me that Blizzard recently decided to divide Shadow (used by Necromancers, demons and shadow priests) into two separate powers. In-game, both necromantic and void spells do shadow damage.

So, I kinda treat the term as something that encompasses both.
    Whatever...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    "Into the Shadows" would already be enough, tells everything, sounds way better and is mostly self-explanatory.
    Not everything has to be self explanatory. Again, if you stuck with WoW since the beginning, you are 15 years older now. Give people some credit. A little mystery is fine. That being said, this leaks is fake. But not due to the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    A class with 1-2 electric based abilities and almost entirely robotic/machine abilities is very different than a class shape-shifting into animals and sprouting flowers, or a martial arts class slamming kegs of beer into people's heads.

A shadow based class isn't much different than a Shadow Priest, Sublety Rogue, Death Knight, Warlock, etc.
    Summoning fiery demons or slashing frozen sword is also very different from using pure Void.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Summoning fiery demons or slashing frozen sword is also very different from using pure Void.
    Give me an example of some "pure Void" abilities, and how they're different than Shadow abilities.

As for summoning fiery demons, what if you summon a Void Walker instead?

There's Shadow/Void in almost anything demonic. Coming from Sargeras' Abilities on Mythic Argus, to Kil'jaeden's abilities, to the Dreadlords, etc.

we see fel manifest as what looks like shadow.

the fact that there's green in it shows it's fel.

affliction is very clearly based off the orc necrolytes from the RTS, who used fel and necromancy. necromany manipulating the spirits, for things like phantom singularity and death bolt, etc.
    Ok, I just logged in to check. There is actually no green in Shadowbolt, Agony, Unstable Affliction, or Summon Darkflare.

Corruption, and Seed of Corruption have a tiny amount of green flicker, but are like 90% shadow.

Affliction warlocks, at least currently in retail, are definitely a Shadow sec. It even says so in their spec description.