1. #2461
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    33,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    New Il'gynoth whispers in 8.3:

    "Before the last shadow falls, the Father of Sleep shall savor his feast."

    Wasn't there a leak a while back about a Shadowfall expansion?
    Don't know but the 8.3 speculation thread says that's the title of one of the Loa. M-something or other. Theorized to be Bwomsamdi's boss.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

    Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

    Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  2. #2462
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Don't know but the 8.3 speculation thread says that's the title of one of the Loa. M-something or other. Theorized to be Bwomsamdi's boss.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Mueh%27zala

    Reference to him by that title was added with BFA and he has been referred to as Death with a capital D in previous material. He also wants to "feast on all of Azeroth" so it is 100% him and he is likely Sylvanas's boss. Him being a loa would also explain how Vol'jin got that fake vision at his death. I'd expect a slew of new leaks with him at the center.

    I'm guessing Dragon Isles since we got a lot of Dragon dialogue, with Mueh'zala as the big bad and the Shadowlands being a patch zone or raid.

  3. #2463
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    In my head I'm thinking Alexstraza is the link. And that the Dragon Isles is just one part of a larger story, like the BFA continents were. Sylvanas acting as Death VS Alexstraza the Lifebinder.
    And who is Sylvanas to compete with the Aspect of Life?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

  4. #2464
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    33,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    And who is Sylvanas to compete with the Aspect of Life?
    Well if you missed it she's kinda working for Death now, and has a kamehameha that literally is just avada kadavra.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

    Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

    Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  5. #2465
    Over 9000! Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    9,232
    Quote Originally Posted by TomatoBisque View Post
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Mueh%27zala

    Reference to him by that title was added with BFA and he has been referred to as Death with a capital D in previous material. He also wants to "feast on all of Azeroth" so it is 100% him and he is likely Sylvanas's boss. Him being a loa would also explain how Vol'jin got that fake vision at his death. I'd expect a slew of new leaks with him at the center.

    I'm guessing Dragon Isles since we got a lot of Dragon dialogue, with Mueh'zala as the big bad and the Shadowlands being a patch zone or raid.
    we did had a recent leak saying we would get both shadowlands and dragon isles, but both in the same expansion seems a waste

    Dragon isles could come up with a nice timeskip with a chill thematic like MOP did, something entirely new and refreshing

  6. #2466
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    33,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    we did had a recent leak saying we would get both shadowlands and dragon isles, but both in the same expansion seems a waste

    Dragon isles could come up with a nice timeskip with a chill thematic like MOP did, something entirely new and refreshing
    Dragon Isles can be dang near anything. It's a slate so blank there's essentially no canon on it whatsoever.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

    Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

    Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  7. #2467
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Well if you missed it she's kinda working for Death now, and has a kamehameha that literally is just avada kadavra.
    Unfortunately I didn't miss that (although her Deathbolt is really cool) yet Alexstrasza, even weaker than ever, is still the Aspect of Life and... Sylvanas is just Sylvanas. Sure she is empowered and sure she is build up as an antagonist / anti-hero (?) yet I find it strange if it'll be Sylvanas vs. Alexstrasza in the end. Sylvanas vs. Tyrande makes more sense but Tyrande isn't there yet and I don't know if I'd reference Tyrande for something related to "life".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Dragon Isles can be dang near anything. It's a slate so blank there's essentially no canon on it whatsoever.
    I really really really hope they make it a flying archipelago. We don't need the third island-chain-in-the-ocean-expansion in a row. We really don't.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

  8. #2468
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I really really really hope they make it a flying archipelago. We don't need the third island-chain-in-the-ocean-expansion in a row. We really don't.
    On Vanilla sketch map Dragon Isles were raid next to peninsula north of Stratholme. I thin they may combine these two. Its last unexplored arena on in game map after Cata and waay to big to be just dungeon.

  9. #2469
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    On Vanilla sketch map Dragon Isles were raid next to peninsula north of Stratholme. I thin they may combine these two. Its last unexplored arena on in game map after Cata and waay to big to be just dungeon.
    I mean with both Emerald Nightmare and Nyalotha being served as raids and not proper zones we don't know what Blizzard is going to do with Dragon Isles... they are indeed a blank space and I really hope they make it a proper 5-zone-continent where each Dragonflight has its own zone. Yet I can totally see them making it one single zone in 9.1 or 9.2 or something like that.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

  10. #2470
    Over 9000! Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    9,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Dragon Isles can be dang near anything. It's a slate so blank there's essentially no canon on it whatsoever.
    is why it make so good, much potential, just like mop and Draenor

    wod shenanigans aside, Draenor was great in terms of the continent, the zones were amazing and que leveling was cool like the spikes of arak, so sad that they cut if so so much features like the fungi whale world boss, and the ogre continent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I really really really hope they make it a flying archipelago. We don't need the third island-chain-in-the-ocean-expansion in a row. We really don't.
    that would be just the perfect scenario, something similar to nagrand where there re floating chunks of rock and water pouring, i can see gigantic landmasses with big waterfalls into the ocean, and not just 5 zones, i can see more, for other dragons like storm, or even the twilight/chromatic

    i can't get over the fact that they seems to not use crhomatus at all

  11. #2471
    Horrific Visions sounds like beta testing for a feature mentioned in one of the leaks for the next expansion ("Awakenings") where a party of 3 without specific class roles could make timed "dungeons".
    Last edited by Gibsonz; 2019-10-08 at 08:07 AM.

  12. #2472
    Bloodsail Admiral Mahmeya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Central europe
    Posts
    1,134
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    I think it's interesting there's several major NPCs talking about love in the new broadcast text. Lorthermar and Thalysa, MOTHER and Ra-den, Shaw and Valeera, even Wrathion and Kalecgos talk about their complicated relationships with humans close to them.

    Coupled with the Blizzcon 2019 logo featuring a heart, and the cardback featuring a striking pink motif, I wonder if it means something.
    It means we can't just let most of the current characters die of old age without producing offspring to contunie the story.
    We're running out of replaceable child-less leaders. Sooner or later, both Anduin and Tess Greymane will need to take care of some legacy unless they want the kingdoms of Stormwind and Gilneas go the way of council.

    The problem is that WoW, as it is now, is a poor medium to tell a story of positive affection.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Well if you missed it she's kinda working for Death now, and has a kamehameha that literally is just avada kadavra.
    She also stole Death Eater Flight ability

  13. #2473
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    you guys remember when everyone though it would be southern seas expansion, because we had a lot of hints about it and we were getting kul'tirans and zandalari

    and we end up getting then

    I would not discard shadowlands so soon, blizzard lately seems to do the obvious

    If the chinese "leak" is true, then it getting more strong, i mean,a shadowlands with greek theme would be cool, and would be a great selling point
    I've seen one Chinese leak
    The logo had the wrong word

    Don't see the shadowlands leak happening because it has been methodically destroyed

  14. #2474
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibsonz View Post
    Horrific Visions sounds like beta testing for a feature mentioned in one of the leaks for the next expansion ("Awakenings") where a party of 3 without specific class roles could make timed "dungeons".
    Awakenings was already debunked so it means nothing.

  15. #2475
    Over 9000! Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    9,232
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I've seen one Chinese leak
    The logo had the wrong word

    Don't see the shadowlands leak happening because it has been methodically destroyed
    the leak don't need to be true, but shadowlands as a expansion can end up being true

    back then, there was a lot of leaks about southern seas, we end up getting those but the leaks were bullshit, until one i think days before blizzcon.

  16. #2476
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    sure, not the leaks, but ingame, in Legion, we had LOTS of hints about zandalari and kul'tiras, making then quite possible if not obvious

    now, we are getting lots of hints about either a dragon isles or "shadowlands" expansion

    and to be honest, if they didn't pull something entirely new unique not related to the current lore at all like MOP was, think we have some safe bets with the "possible" ones.

    on the top of my head i can think of:

    1- Dragon isles
    2- Shadowlands/black empire
    3- Return of draenor(with yrel and the light in general as antagonists)
    4- Return to northrend and the Lich king 2.0,or something related with the nerubian kingdom, or all of then in one
    5- An underground expansion, with the blingtron threat, apparently they are fighting a war that we know shit about it, this is the most plausible expansion for a tinker class
    6- Maaaaaybe the emerald dream/emerald nightmare expansion, even if very unlikely.
    7- We going to the moon/another world for some reason.

    i can't think about any other possible option for 9.0 if not those above, and the first 2 seems more likely with the current events in my opinion.
    If we go off of in game stuff then I'll place money on dragon isles
    Island expeditions are key my friends

  17. #2477
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    If we go off of in game stuff then I'll place money on dragon isles
    Island expeditions are key my friends
    Pretty much this.

    With Blizzard tying up so many Island Expeditions hints, I would assume that stuff that doesn't get resolved is part of 9.0, like the Helya stuff or Dragon Isles.

  18. #2478
    Titan Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Center of the Universe
    Posts
    13,474
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    I think it's interesting there's several major NPCs talking about love in the new broadcast text. Lorthermar and Thalysa, MOTHER and Ra-den, Shaw and Valeera, even Wrathion and Kalecgos talk about their complicated relationships with humans close to them.

    Coupled with the Blizzcon 2019 logo featuring a heart, and the cardback featuring a striking pink motif, I wonder if it means something.
    World of Warcraft - The Arrows of Love

  19. #2479
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Pretty much this.

    With Blizzard tying up so many Island Expeditions hints, I would assume that stuff that doesn't get resolved is part of 9.0, like the Helya stuff or Dragon Isles.
    I'm currently going through the new whispers we got

    Pretty sure the 5 torches are the dragonflights
    5 torches now dim
    The flame they seek will light our path

    Also calia is mentioned as is queeny

    Sylvanas hinted at returning

  20. #2480
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...t-at-4chan-kek

    This leak guys, it has 8.3 basically 100% right....the 9.0 features and such he pushes as well look very conclusive to what the discussion is based around here with the world revamp coming. I am hoping this 9.0 leak is right as i want the features such as more dungeons, no ap grind and a talents and skill rewards back to the way it should be.

    However 8.3 is defo a start, i have not played the game since 8.2 when i grinded flying and basically stopped, then i logged in to do the beautiful end to the war campaign, but now i might be interested in trying again to play before 9.0. I am hyped for Blizzcon even though i think this 9.0 leak is pretty much it lol.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •