The only thing I like about Tinker is that I have a ton of robotic mounts from Mechagon that would be great for it. But... a 'technology class' simply isn't appealing to me. I much prefer magic

Quote Originally Posted by Xi Jinping View Post
    I cringe so hard everytime somebody say Dragonsworn. Who in the world invented this thing? It's not a thing alright? Nobdy was ever a dragonsworn in lore or anything that resembles it. Just some fan fiction gone wild. - Epic stop it

Class skins ? Why, just why?? It's purely cosmetic, so why??
    -First off, it's just gonna confuse people with new icons for their spells and talents
    -Secoundly you can already just marco your spells into new icons if you're so eager
    -Thirdly only animations and models for pets would be diffrent, which is cool, but again totally useless
    It's from the non-canon RPG books and it's basically just someone who serves the dragon flights.

Which would basically include like every druid since they served Ysera in the Emerald Dream.

Any trademark leak? We had BFA leak by now!

Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    I'm on the fence if I like it or not, but I'm pretty sure there will not be any new class. I'm okay with that if they really revamp and make every spec better.
    Tinkers are most likely for numerous reasons. It's kinda been half suggested by WA (and they provided the only other credible leaks).

Which mean's it is no longer ....
    The RPG was never canon, but has occasionally been used as inspiration for things which were later made canon.

Dragonsworn makes more sense as a racial customization option than a class to me though. Swear allegiance to a flight and gain the ability to shift into a more draconic version of your character.

Quote Originally Posted by Usagi Senshi View Post
    Why are you so upset over potential spell/animation/class customization?

Just............why?

Why, guy?

Why?

Gosh!

A dragon themed class would be pretty badass tbh.
    Because it's useless and not content. It's simply not a fuction or system of the game. It's pure cosmetic

Quote Originally Posted by Zexaniro View Post
    You said that Shadowlands isn't happening and people were crazy to think so? What happened? :O
    People are hyped about Diablo 4 and that other game part 2. All WoW stuff has been pushed down with the new D4 akin to D2 system.

Bolivar is king but Death is who we all serve.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond View Post
    Any trademark leak? We had BFA leak by now!
    I just checked the US and nothing new on there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's useless and not content. It's simply not a fuction or system of the game. It's pure cosmetic
    Lmao people like you are what makes WoW so stale. Yeah, please, let the game be blue and orange blocks. Orange blocks representing raid bosses, blue blocks being players. Just that. But we have 1000 raids in the next expansion, am I right?

Customization and cosmetics are huge. Hell, majority of the players that play the shitty f2p/Asian mmos are just playing for the heavy customization.

Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    Lmao people like you are what makes WoW so stale. Yeah, please, let the game be blue and orange blocks. Orange blocks representing raid bosses, blue blocks being players. Just that. But we have 1000 raids in the next expansion, am I right?

Customization and cosmetics are huge. Hell, majority of the players that play the shitty f2p/Asian mmos are just playing for the heavy customization.
    Bro, greenfire questline was cool, but not an expansion feature

I get that Blizzard has done and will continue to do terrible shit, but some of the cynicism around here is so exaggerated and overblown that it undercuts the legitimate stuff.

"Haha enjoy your $100 expansion made for PHONES that has ALL RECYCLED CONTENT and was hand prepared by CHINA and you'll need to get exalted with EVERYTHING to play it unless you pay $40 for a season pass you FOOLS.

DAE 'DON'T YOU HAVE PHONES?' XDDDDDDDDDD DIABLO 4 WILL ONLY BE ON THE NOKIA N-GAGE"

Like good lord, people.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll check NZ myself in like an hour, then head to sleep.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Artifacts were an expansion feature though.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Last minute compilation of things I would very much like to happen, based on our trackers and "leaks" this year, as well as conversations with my friend visiting LA for BlizzCon yesterday and today (nothing concrete).
    * Expansion is Shadowlands, which brings the world revamp and level squish to 60 (exactly half). Go to 70, rinse and repeat in 10.0

* We'll get at least 3 class skins because allied races were a success and these are the next step. They'll function like known classes (no additional balancing), but have a different feel. Possible starting skins include necromancer (priest or warlock), dragonsworn (death knight or paladin), and dark ranger (hunter). Others that would come in patches could include warden (demon hunter or rogue), tinker (druid), or geomancer (shaman).

* While the shadowlands will be the primary focus of end game content, leveling content will also be seriously updated from Cataclysm to account for our reduced level. Once you complete your starting experience (1-20) and get your first mount, you'll be offered an opportunity by the bronze dragons to experience any era of play to which you wish to travel. You can change these any time, and they all scale to 5-10 levels before cap, where you are then pushed into the actual new content.

* Leveling will NOT be made more difficult or time consuming, to promote leveling up class skins. You'll probably hit 60 within about 4 days played, then take between 2 and 3 days to cap. While the world is revamped in scale, you can still travel back to see what it was like in cata+. This also means that BC and Wrath content will eventually come out as classic content for those interested.

* Actual new starting content will exist, but only for each race 1-20 for now, with additional new, lower-level content opening up in areas affected by the patches and class skins. Example being, 9.0 brings new 30-60 content in Northrend providing lore for necromancers, dragonsworn, and dark rangers. With 9.0.5 is content in dragon isles, which also updates the 30-60 experience in eastern kingdoms and leads to raid in 9.1. then 9.1.5 can update Kalimdor, leading to raid on that continent in 9.2, and 9.2.5 updates Pandaria.

* Meanwhile, end game content continues to push forward in these areas (surrounding raid pocket zones), with their "Shadowlands" bleeding through. So you stick around with allies on each continent in each patch; leveling up and being nearby if they need help. Helping is encouraged through level sync and rewards like with refer-a-friend, but ingame focused.

* Factions exist only to promote PVP. Otherwise, play with your friends how you want. This expansion will be about opening up the world to everybody so we can (and want to) experience it together. Bringing the multiplayer back to MMO without forgetting single players (leading back to solo content to gain class skins, transmog, and so on).

* Pre-raid content includes unlocking class skins with challenging solo content as the "base class" that opens into the class skin so you're ready to play as it when you have it. Of course, there will also be dungeons because despite a few people burning out, Mythic Plus has been successful for 2 expansions now.

* AI in many more places, to take the place of actual hard rare spawns. Rare spawns as we know them now become officially just something to wait for to get a specific achievement/loot piece. Gold spawns are still just harder mobs for raid-geared characters in the open world (or 2-3 characters without gear/experience). Either can be made AI randomly for world quests, which turns them into an actual challenge.

* Another set of smaller raids at the start. One in the shadowlands as introductory for newly capped characters and to get gear for class skins, etc. One harder, leading into first patch and previewing what will lead us to the dragon isles (would be 9.1).

* Pre-orders open up with patch 8.3, which is why we are getting a new intro experience on Tuesday. Pre-order bonus opens us up to get one or more of the first set of class skins before 9.0 so we can level them up and be ready to enter the Shadowlands.

* Allied races will continue to be a thing when they make sense, but maybe not immediately at the start, since we'll get Lightsworn undead and xx-worgenmodel-xx (maybe these are the kyrian???) with 8.3.5 or during pre-patch.

That's all I got. I'ma head to bed so I can be ready for tomorrow. See you guys on the other side.
    all good and fine. but HOW THE HELL you came to Druid = Tinkers ??? WTF ?

Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    @Jericho21 where's the damn trademark?
    The trademark diggers have been active. It's out there. The false titles shall be shown in their light on Friday.

BTW, house moving with 2 kids is hilariously awful and I don't up vote that. Settled in and now unpaxking. I'll have my main comp up by Mon so I can peruse the leaks that were true or not about WoW.

Also, never move with a wife that's OCD and has had a hysterectomy. Things go bad quickly. I've got all my shit but hers... well it's missing some things that she didn't pack.

Top that all off with having to use a wireless Hotspot for internet and its clear why I'm not online a lot. 3 more weeks and I get my dedicated fiber. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by SerratedEdge252 View Post
    I want Bolvar to rip out her spine like the predator lol.
    I have a feeling the Horde is going to end up giving her a second chance, even if begrudgingly.

Either that, or we see a schism form in the next expansion with the loyalists.

Greenfire wasn't an expansion feature, true!

A class skin that is Necromancer being a complete reskin of the Warlock class would be an expansion feature, and so would a Dragonsworn reskin of a Druid, and Dragon Knight reskin of a Death Knight, and so on, as it is very similar in scope to Allied Races and those were an expansion feature.

Just because you don't care about cosmetics doesn't mean other people don't.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericDragon View Post
    Greenfire wasn't an expansion feature, true!

A class skin that is Necromancer being a complete reskin of the Warlock class would be an expansion feature, and so would a Dragonsworn reskin of a Druid, and Dragon Knight reskin of a Death Knight, and so on, as it is very similar in scope to Allied Races and those were an expansion feature.

Just because you don't care about cosmetics doesn't mean other people don't.
    I still feel like if they ever did something like the Warlock -> Necromancer reskin it'd end up being a Store thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    I get that Blizzard has done and will continue to do terrible shit, but some of the cynicism around here is so exaggerated and overblown that it undercuts the legitimate stuff.

"Haha enjoy your $100 expansion made for PHONES that has ALL RECYCLED CONTENT and was hand prepared by CHINA and you'll need to get exalted with EVERYTHING to play it unless you pay $40 for a season pass you FOOLS.

DAE 'DON'T YOU HAVE PHONES?' XDDDDDDDDDD DIABLO 4 WILL ONLY BE ON THE NOKIA N-GAGE"

Like good lord, people.
    They aren't wrong. Activision basically has full control over Blizzard now. They are among the greediest and scummiest companies in the business.

Diablo 4 will definitely have some sort of heavy microtransaction feature. But to be fair, it's the only way for it to stay alive. Look at how Diablo 3 was treated after it's last expansion. Blizzard probably will not talk about Diablo Immortal in the US because of how poorly it was received, but I'm assuming we will get some mobile announcements.

They literally have a whole booth for mobile. Wasn't there rumors of a WoW pet battle mobile app? It's going to get worse, just hopefully not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexaniro View Post
    more like Tinkers will only be available to people who pre-purchased a $90 expansion that won't come out for another year!
    Which would have the big advantage that I couldn't be tempted at all to preorder the expansion. I generally do not recommend preordering since WoD, but I understand people doing it if rewards are worth it. But tinker? Thanks but no thanks.