Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I hope they rework heirlooms into set gear for leveling instead of XP buff (symilar to legion Class sets for OH)
    With 1-50 taking 60-70% less time for an average player I wonder if they'll get rid of heirlooms all together and just let us wear the gear that drops.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Half of that stuff can't be classified as "new expansion content", or even "content". You're just listing different topics that have been touched on in some way.

The new features are:

- The tower
    - The Covenants

Altered features are:

- Levelling
    - Legendaries
    - Appearance options

Reverted features are:

- The class pruning
    Also altered: Class/Race combos

New features:
    New low level zone with dungeon
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    They've already suggested that it is a December release
    Let's be real, this seems like a March release.

10+ Year Old Account
    They said it would release in 2019, haven't seen anything about December though.

I think this is fine honestly because they needed to focus on core systems and that's exactly what they've been showing so far. Most of the focus has been on core systems: leveling revamp, increased character customization, class revamps, interesting gearing system, covenants are kinda like the pseudo reps. And then ofc we have all the usual core stuff like Dungeons, M+, Raids.
    I mean yeah, we don't know what the big moments of Shadowlands are like BFA. BFA had Jaina's storyline and Kul'tirian problems. Zandalar had the G'huun build up and faction war built up. Who knows how things will develop.

That's peak Blizzard. Thinking dungeons that are irrelevant at level 51 are what people meant by "we want rewards as we level."
    People keep saying Leveling is rewarding so......its not surprising.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Shadowlands has, Outdoor world quests presumibly also some type of assaults and emisarys, dungeons, raids, pvp, mythic+ dungeons, pet battles, Covenants which include a way to get followers, they hinted at a mission table, end game progression, and story like class halls/war campaign. It also have the rogue like tower, and a dedicated eng game zone like Legions Suramar.
    Eh, no new class and no new garrison/island expedition. Sounds like filler.

I think you feel that way because we have no info on the story. With BFA we knew there was going to be a faction war, and old gods from the announcement blizzcon. With Shadowlands they are leaving all of that a mystery. We have no idea what a 9.1/2/3 would look like. I think thats what scares people, but I highly doubt there arent plans. They just didnt share those with us.
    I know exaclt why i feel this way and it is because from what i have seen, my suspicions were correct.

In BfA and Legion we were introduced to each zone with a cheat sheet of which people/faction we would encounter and what specific problem needed to be addressed before we could get help from them in the battle.
    Legion for instance barely had any fighting against the Burning Legion in the levelling zones, and even Suramar. Though we still did it because we knew that it was step 1 in defeating the Legion.

Shadowlands does not really have that luxury, we are essentially jumping striahgt into the thick of it with no obvious respite in sight.
    It will look cool, and the wildly imaginative zones will distract from it for a while, but in the end each zone sounds like it will play out relatively similar.

We will see, definitely not going to jump on the hate train or anything. I am definitely looking forward to this, my expectations are just being tempered by the knowledge that i might have been completely right in my prediction about a pure Shadowlands expansion, such as where in the world we go in the end other than out of the Shadowlands.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

The December thing is a legal requirement for the pre-orders. But they could easily bring it out sooner. No new class/race etc will save time in testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Okay that's the first thing with Shadowlands where I just shook my head and sighed.

That's peak Blizzard. Thinking dungeons that are irrelevant at level 51 are what people meant by "we want rewards as we level."
    I wouldn't consider a dungeon being unlocked a reward. I think they also mentioned access to new zones. That's just leveling because zones/dungeons have levels. They aren't something new for your character. I think most people would have expected them to be either a new ability or talent choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Shadowlands:
    Covenants
    Tower of Gastroenteritis or whatever it's called
    1 Class Ability

BFA:
    Allied Race System
    Heart of Azeroth System
    War Campaign
    Warfronts
    Island Expeditions
    Azerite Traits

Legion:
    Class Order Halls
    Class Artifacts
    Demon Hunter
    Full Class Overhalls
    World Quests
    Mythic +
    Artifact Power system
    Covenants are the equivalent of artifacts/azerite, war campaign/class campaign, missions table, followers.

Shadowlands still has all the stuff from legion and BFA that mattered. Legion truly was a revolutionary expansion which changed a lot, but what do you want them to do? Remove all the legion systems and make 10 new systems with no similarities every expansion? They take what works, hopefully, improve on it, and add a few new features as experiments to hopefully improve them and add to the core game next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    The December thing is a legal requirement for the pre-orders. But they could easily bring it out sooner. No new class/race etc will save time in testing.
    Well, given that during interviews their thoughts, particularly Ion's reflects how much of an early stage this is, it wouldn't be farfetched to suggest that.

On to more cheery matter though.

Anyone else get a sneaking suspicion the mission table is gone for good?
    Might be wrong but i don't really think we will end up seeing it again, which perfectly fits with how they have phased it out more and more since WoD.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    I wouldn't consider a dungeon being unlocked a reward. I think they also mentioned access to new zones. That's just leveling because zones/dungeons have levels. They aren't something new for your character. I think most people would have expected them to be either a new ability or talent choice.
    Yeah I get the angle they're coming from. But they misread the crowd on that one. We wanted new stuff to make us feel more powerful not just new things to do.

Ah well we sould still get something power-wise every other level up to 50. Unless Blizz derps it up again and frontloads our abilities.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    They'll struggle to find 50 spells and talents. I'd honestly be happy with an epic level piece of gear every so often. Something that's always an upgrade. And perhaps a new weapon every 10 levels.

5+ Year Old Account
    Covenants are the equivalent of artifacts/azerite, war campaign/class campaign, missions table, followers.
    Not every Covenant will have a follower. They mentioned as a perk for the Necrolords (Create your own Abomination), but said that other Covenants will have different perks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    By the way, what's even the premise of the expansion? I really don't know it. "Fix Death because it's broken?" Or what is it?
    That is the big thing missing with this reveal. Every time they announce an xpac they tell us where the future lies, or we can imply what that will be. That imo is what people are missing, but dont know it. We have no idea what the story for the expansion will be. Either because they dont have it ready, or because they want it to be a secret, but I think it was a mistake not telling us something.

Shadowlands still has all the stuff from legion and BFA that mattered. Legion truly was a revolutionary expansion which changed a lot, but what do you want them to do? Remove all the legion systems and make 10 new systems with no similarities every expansion? They take what works, hopefully, improve on it, and add a few new features as experiments to hopefully improve them and add to the core game next time.
    And so far Covenants give you one mobility ability and one azerite-neck-ish ability. Thats about it.

Oh and that little drop down menu Mission Table improvements have, giving you small bonuses like 6% parry chance increase.

How exactly is that a big feature, again...?

I mean, dont get me wrong, I like the rewards and the armor looks and those wings and mounts looked really cool.

But is that... it...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post

Might be wrong but i don't really think we will end up seeing it again, which perfectly fits with how they have phased it out more and more since WoD.
    They already mentioned it in one of the descriptions for Covenants.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Oh no, that is not what i'm talking about. I'm talking about collapsing all of reality and starting the universe from a blank template (sure, maybe she wants to be a ruling entity that makes sure void doesnt succeed)... and in 10.0 we get AU azeroth from the future where sylvanas succeeds and Azeroth never had old gods
    That feels a LOT more extreme then what we're seeing no? Did I miss some concrete hint that Sylvanas wants to full on re-create the universe?

(ps, incase someone actually know about it, this is story of Total Annihilation: Core contingency. One side loses a millennia long war and wants to cause a new Big Bang as a final desperate attempt at winning).
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post

I'm like 99% sure it's there on the site under Covenants.

You’ll gain access to your Covenant’s Sanctum, where you’ll accept unique quests, undertake a sprawling covenant campaign, and call upon your allies to embark on important missions.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    Got art of the Arbiter

Formerly known as Arafal