The more you like a leak the less likely it is :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    You have a point. But warmode actually works for getting into war. Especially when faction assaults are on. Holy smoke had really some awesome world PvP moments there.
    That doesn't contradict what I said Warmode is for open PvP that isn't limited by the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I'd fix it to whatever condition they pick upon the instance being created on the server, so it only changes if you reset. Otherwise you could get weird issues when changing the leader.
    Yes, obviously. Probably meant to state this somewhere, but forgot. No random phase shifts because the leader changed.
    Could also be determined by the first person entering, but for instances entered via the Group Finder, that'd be random, or just the party member with index 1 (a.k.a. leader) anyway.

You should be able to control this in a deterministic manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    That would be nice, because unholy currently feels very strange (to me).
    both frost and unholy feel awful to me, the gameplay and the skills

So this is the thread I was looking for as I have returned just in time for Blizzcon

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    So this is the thread I was looking for as I have returned just in time for Blizzcon
    Yes this is the one.

Or it should be but people keep talking 9.0 in the 8.3 thread and also making new threads for their leaks.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Quote Originally Posted by hushy View Post
    legacy

level 60 cap
    account wide leveling system at level 60, similar to paragon levels

-snip-

wait and see
    This is one of the more plausible ones so far, but there are a couple of things that make me not believe it:

-The convenient inclusion of 4th specs just days after it started to be talked about.

-Having Stratholme as a capital when they just used the existing instance for a battle pet dungeon. Yeah they could do time traveling magic to send you back, but it would be an odd choice if they knew they were revamping it in the immediate future.

Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    -Having Stratholme as a capital when they just used the existing instance for a battle pet dungeon. Yeah they could do time traveling magic to send you back, but it would be an odd choice if they knew they were revamping it in the immediate future.
    I wouldnt put much stock in updated stuff in WoW being a good indicator of what is going to happen in the near future.
    Remember that Hallow's end was updated with new items just in time for Undercity to be destroyed.

Pet battle dungeons are also fairly light-spirited, while they have some connection to the actual dungeon, being set after they are canonically done and all, i would not really consider the lore of them sacrosanct. Remember that there was a pet battle dungeon in Gnomeregan before the Gnome heritage armor took place there, with no regard for how they fit together.

One thing I would like to see is a class specific talent tree on top of the spec specific ones to bring more diversity back to the classes. It would be nice to have things that make you feel like a class over a spec again.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

- Smoke weed every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    One thing I would like to see is a class specific talent tree on top of the spec specific ones to bring more diversity back to the classes. It would be nice to have things that make you feel like a class over a spec again.
    That's a niche I could see an Artifact Tree-like system filling nicely.

Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    That's a niche I could see an Artifact Tree-like system filling nicely.
    Ya I agree, but they need to create more unique ways to unlock the special talent points similar to how we unlock essences now. The heart of azeroth will have a story going forward since we are literally stuffing the world soul into it over time. I have a feeling it is going to become our guide in the Shadowlands.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

- Smoke weed every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Pet battle dungeons are also fairly light-spirited, while they have some connection to the actual dungeon, being set after they are canonically done and all, i would not really consider the lore of them sacrosanct. Remember that there was a pet battle dungeon in Gnomeregan before the Gnome heritage armor took place there, with no regard for how they fit together.
    Yeah, my objection wasn't lore-based, I agree the pet battle dungeon lore is essentially irrelevant to the overall story. To me that makes it more suspect.... if you can choose essentially any dungeon for a pet battle copy since the story doesn't matter, why go with one that you know is going to disappear next year?

I remember just before blizcon 2 years ago before the announcement of BFA people were datamining items that pointed towards kultiras. I think it was a kul tiras questing armour set or something.

think the same has happened again with all the death knight stuff being data mined

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnorris View Post
    I remember just before blizcon 2 years ago before the announcement of BFA people were datamining items that pointed towards kultiras. I think it was a kul tiras questing armour set or something.

think the same has happened again with all the death knight stuff being data mined
    Very likely but in a much different scope. The Kul'tiras folder told us where we were going. All we know for sure is Death Knights are involved in 9.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    Yeah, my objection wasn't lore-based, I agree the pet battle dungeon lore is essentially irrelevant to the overall story. To me that makes it more suspect.... if you can choose essentially any dungeon for a pet battle copy since the story doesn't matter, why go with one that you know is going to disappear next year?
    You could in theory say that for a lot of things. I would simply argue that like other instanced content, once you are done the lore implications of it cease. Raids make no sense on repeat runs, even less so for some of them like Battle for Dazar'alor. Most likely Blizzard just wanted an undead pet battle dungeon, and seeing as they have to be based around classic dungeons their choice was basically between Stratholme and Scholomance, and Stratholme was the more popular choice.

I wouldn't try to overthink it.

Very likely but in a much different scope. The Kul'tiras folder told us where we were going. All we know for sure is Death Knights are involved in 9.0.
    could be 8.3.5

It is more in line with the similar find of an Iron horde themed item in the leadup to the WoD release. If we go by the same logic that might have lead to that one not being given a location name i would assume something is being revamped, similar ot how Draenor was techincally a revamp of Outland in a game mchanics sense.

All we know for sure is Death Knights are involved in 9.0.
    Well, we don't know that for sure. At least not yet. It could just be that they're revamping the DK starting experience for the Allied Races and that's it.
    Terrible Writing 1 - 0 The Bolvar

pleople talked about Sylvanas on the cover, yep im sold that she will be the gul'dan for the next one

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Well, we don't know that for sure. At least not yet. It could just be that they're revamping the DK starting experience for the Allied Races and that's it.
    I mean that has huge implications on 9.0.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...0#post51728780

What do we think about this one, keeping in mind Jericho's recent tease regarding the "Leaks" that have sprung up so far?