1. #35201
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I mean BFA's issues didn't have anything to do with development time, it had issues because Blizzard's design philosophy was fucking retarded; they were incredibly silent during the testing period about various systems and waited to push them on the beta way too late in the development cycle. I'm pretty sure Shadowlands will still drop at around the same time as the past two expansions have dropped.
    On launch BfA had 3 major problems:

    - desing of max level progression - Azerite armor was broken system, I don't think extended Beta would help at all, unless they would delay BfA like 4-5 months to invent new system from scratch

    - design of some specs - mostly lack of changes between Legion and BfA, so only change was losing power from legendaries and weapon, they noticed it way too late, that' why we had so many reworks in late stage of Beta (and time run out anyway, so Shamans were left with nothing), when they should only polish game and get rid of most bugs; in this case longer Beta would help

    - shit ton of bugs - launch was good, but pre-patch and start of season 1 horrible, of course it was consequence of focusing on last minute class changes; so yeah, every extra month of Beta would make BfA better game.

    As for release date, I don't think many people share your opinion. Fall 2020 is most common prediction:

    1) 8.3 raid release late January and it always last 8+ months. I think people would even complain about shorter tier, cause as always they are taking some rewards in pre-patch (for example mounts for heroic N'zoth and 13xM+15 completion)

    2) On pre-order page we had "will be released before 31st December" which indicate either Fall release or that devs had no idea when game will be ready back on Blizzcon.

    3) Game was in earlier stage during Blizzcon than BfA, it reminded me of Legion on reveal.

  2. #35202
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You mean "announced that they never planned an 8.3.5 to begin with". There's no signs that one was ever intended, just wishful thinking on the communities side.
    There were numerous references to it in the game files and Taliesin mentioned 8.3.5 around Blizzcon but wasn't allowed to talk about it. I know he got to talk to the devs a lot during that. There's no actual proof, but he does not seem the type to make stuff up.

  3. #35203
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The Blade was resolved at the end of Legion. BfA was dealing with the aftermath. Given our options, leaving the blade where it is is probably the best course of action, as removing it would just worsen the wound.
    I mean whether or not the wound has been closed. If Azeroth is still dying or not. We were gathering Titan Essences in a last ditch effort. I'd rather like to have this wrapped up. It's been a major storyline for the entire expansion until now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Someone at BioWare said it best a couple of years ago:
    "You could give the player a [Magic Hat] that would give them the exact gaming experience they ever wanted, and they would still complain about the colour of the hat."

  4. #35204
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I mean whether or not the wound has been closed. If Azeroth is still dying or not. We were gathering Titan Essences in a last ditch effort. I'd rather like to have this wrapped up. It's been a major storyline for the entire expansion until now.
    The wound has been closed the whole time by dint of a big sword being stuck in it. That's precisely why removing it may not be the best idea, as we don't seem to have anything to re-close it after pulling the sword. Never mind not having anything to pull it out in the first place.

  5. #35205
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I mean BFA's issues didn't have anything to do with development time, it had issues because Blizzard's design philosophy was fucking retarded; they were incredibly silent during the testing period about various systems and waited to push them on the beta way too late in the development cycle. I'm pretty sure Shadowlands will still drop at around the same time as the past two expansions have dropped.
    its true, i was in the BFA alpha and the most consistent and clear feedback we gave almost unanimously was most of the classes feel slow and boring with the change to the GCD and removal of artifacts.

    blizz told us don't worry azerite Armour will fix it, and you will get used to the GCD change as its good for the pvp guys....

    azerite Armour didn't fix it and pvp is still so niche such a change shouldn't have been forced on the majority.

    so, shock and horror, the most consistent complaint about bfa live is the classes, azerite and the GCD change.

  6. #35206
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The wound has been closed the whole time by dint of a big sword being stuck in it. That's precisely why removing it may not be the best idea, as we don't seem to have anything to re-close it after pulling the sword. Never mind not having anything to pull it out in the first place.
    For a closed wound, it's sure bleeding her to death a lot.

    Your speculation about if removing the blade itself is a good idea aside, I hope you can at least agree about my point that whether or not Azeroth has stopped bleeding out, is worth getting an answer to? It was the catalyst of the war, and we've put a lot of time and story into saving Azeroth. I'd say it's worth getting a good answer on if our efforts were successful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Someone at BioWare said it best a couple of years ago:
    "You could give the player a [Magic Hat] that would give them the exact gaming experience they ever wanted, and they would still complain about the colour of the hat."

  7. #35207
    Pandaren Monk Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Orbis Terrarum
    Posts
    1,870
    Azeroth is nowhere near of being saved, Magni even said in 8.2, that we still have to handle a "dying Azeroth". Really not sure how they gonna wrap it up. Maybe it will carry over SL?
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

  8. #35208
    Titan Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Center of the Universe
    Posts
    13,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Really not sure how they gonna wrap it up.
    By completely forgetting about it and instead make N'zoth her primary cause of pain.


    check 5:53

  9. #35209
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    33,430
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Azeroth is nowhere near of being saved, Magni even said in 8.2, that we still have to handle a "dying Azeroth". Really not sure how they gonna wrap it up. Maybe it will carry over SL?
    Honestly it'll probably carry over to 10.0.

    I have a sinking suspicion that the Azeroth-based plotlines are on pause for SL.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

    Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

    Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  10. #35210
    Pandaren Monk Hugnomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,831
    I'm a bit out of the loop, are we gonna see the final raid cinematic today? At what time does the raid open?

  11. #35211
    The Undying Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    39,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I'm a bit out of the loop, are we gonna see the final raid cinematic today? At what time does the raid open?
    Supposed to be open right now.


    I think.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz

    Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

  12. #35212
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    33,430
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I'm a bit out of the loop, are we gonna see the final raid cinematic today? At what time does the raid open?
    It opens today. Theoretically we'll get it once a streamer clears the raid.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

    Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

    Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  13. #35213
    Pandaren Monk Hugnomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,831
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    It opens today. Theoretically we'll get it once a streamer clears the raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Supposed to be open right now.


    I think.

    Thanks guys

  14. #35214
    Right. Cinematics are out. They didn't confirm much. But handing in the quest and talking to Mother reveals some of the state of Azeroth. Guess that's as close as we're gonna get. No other changes in the world. It's not as much as I'd have liked, but it'll do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Someone at BioWare said it best a couple of years ago:
    "You could give the player a [Magic Hat] that would give them the exact gaming experience they ever wanted, and they would still complain about the colour of the hat."

  15. #35215
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    33,430
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Right. Cinematics are out. They didn't confirm much. But handing in the quest and talking to Mother reveals some of the state of Azeroth. Guess that's as close as we're gonna get. No other changes in the world. It's not as much as I'd have liked, but it'll do.
    I'm extremely disappointed honestly. I didn't want to buy the idea that they basically shoved a half-assed finale out the door, but that's what they clearly did here. Now we get to go hide away in the death dimension for 2 years before we pick any of this up again.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

    Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

    Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  16. #35216
    Pandaren Monk Hugnomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,831
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'm extremely disappointed honestly. I didn't want to buy the idea that they basically shoved a half-assed finale out the door, but that's what they clearly did here. Now we get to go hide away in the death dimension for 2 years before we pick any of this up again.
    Yeah same. Very, very disappointed. No closure in the cinematics, they were kind of pointless. No story progression or tie in to Shadowlands. No 8.3.5. How is this supposed to connect to the next expansion? It just feels like they abandoned the expansion to work on Shadowlands and just pushed some half baked finale.

  17. #35217
    The Undying Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    39,762
    I'm sure the response to BFA's entire setup and systems is what lead to this all happening. Not pointing fingers, just a consequence.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz

    Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

  18. #35218
    Don't really get how they managed their resources for BfA cinematics. From one side we get almost short CGI movie about Saurfang, shit ton of cinematics during story, yet for most anticipated raid endings we got 1)nothing for G'huun and mini raid, 2)nothing for Jaina fight (for some reason cinematic in the begining and middle) 3)very short Azshara cinematic 4)even shorter N'zoth one.

    Btw, it's funny peple claiming BfA is shit cause last cinematic. Because if we measure expac by quality of cinematics (btw - we shouldn't), BfA is overall miles better than any other expansion.

  19. #35219
    Well the raids out and the verdict on this patch seems to be pretty meh at best (I'll only play to get the backpack since that will likely go away and it seems pretty easy to get).

    Lets get that alpha started now!

  20. #35220
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Well the raids out and the verdict on this patch seems to be pretty meh at best (I'll only play to get the backpack since that will likely go away and it seems pretty easy to get).

    Lets get that alpha started now!
    Wouldn't call it easy to get. Gotta fill out the entire corrupted momento talent tree first, before you can start earning the other rewards. But yeah, I'll go for it.

    There's only the backpack and the mount to grind for, so I'll probably only bother going through Horrific Visions on two of my characters, and won't bother doing the current content on my 5 other ones. Unlike in Legion with the mage tower, I don't really see a reason to put energy into those other alts. Too bad really, cause I did gear them to 430 over the course of the expansion, in case there would be some unique reward.

    Ah well. I am a roleplay guild leader and a collector. Not like I am lacking things to do until 9.0. Being able to drop 5 out of 7 alts is not such bad news for me. But I imagine there are plenty of others for which it'll suck quite badly. Horrific Visions seem fun. But other than gearing up, there's little incentive otherwise to keep doing them, that I see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Someone at BioWare said it best a couple of years ago:
    "You could give the player a [Magic Hat] that would give them the exact gaming experience they ever wanted, and they would still complain about the colour of the hat."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •