Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    The reason we haven't had a sudden world revamp and are instead getting a very long gradual revamp is because they decided to never make the same mistake they made in Cata.

As we're STILL mostly just waiting on a dragons revamp it's probably 10.0/Dragon Isles, to tie into the Cata theme.
    Revamp what? Now lorewise all new characters start during BfA, rest is optional "archives" content.

To update old world they could literally do "Lordaeron" or "Kalimdor" expansion for 10.0 with actual max level content (hopefully something more like 2.0 Outland -> 6.0 Draenor then just Cata update) and throw out older version (or put it behind Caverns of Time portal).

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    By unfinished, I mean it just feels like it has far less coverage than Human Plate and Forsaken Mail. Isn't it just the shoulders, helm, belt and cuffs?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see why? He basically just uses a recolor of Xin the Weaponmaster's model. Lei Shen used the same model and color before receiving a unique one.
    Oh I see. Yeah it sadly suffers like all robe sets from being a robe set.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Mostly true! Though I do think the Bwonsamdi and Ny'alotha raid sets do it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    *channeling Alpha cast

Can't wait to see all the new models and creatures and zones.
    Kyrian Uther, Kael'thas Venthyr, and whatever other models may be updated. Also want to check the covenant models for hairstyles and suspicious customization ...
    I want the christmas-like flood of beautiful new art and info ripe for speculation.
    We are also bound to get big spoilers via models. Say we get a brand new amazing model for someone like C'thun or Anub'arak its pretty exciting. Its the afterlife. We could technically meet almost anyone. I actually hope Anub'arak is in the undead zone. It would be sweet seeing him again. There is only 1 person I hope we don't see. Arthas. If we do see him, I don't want a redemption story either. A villain that I would like to get a semi redemption story is Deathwing. Or rather Neltharion. I also dont want anyone to come back to life. I do hope Anduin gets to have a conversation with Varian, but rather a proud father moment with some closure.

I also hope we see Guldan in the Maw. I wanna see him suffer like the worm he is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Just saying its kind of fun that he is all "Ion Lied about ilvl mattering because my 415 boots are better than my mythic boots" and other stuff

Like there is a huge chance for shadowlands to be another wod when it comes to world content.
    There is zero chance we ever get an expac as bad as WoD, and WoD was amazing the first week or so anyways. Even if we just get mythic+, pvp, world quests, and raids thats still a lot better than WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Yes, well as it has been pointed out before, the art team is a weird anomaly within Blizzard. They keep producing good stuff consistently. And even improve, depending on your taste. I'm a filthy weeb so Pandaria was the peak.

The new model datamining is the best part of any alpha, beta or PTR. I wish I knew how to do it.
    Pandaria was the big jump. Compare Mount Hyjal to Jade Forrest. Is a next-gen sized graphical jump. We have barely seen that level of jump from MoP to BFA. Sure BFA looks better, but its been a slow climb rather than the enormous leap in graphics from Cata to MoP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Alliance Arathi warfront gear looks amazing, that's right. Unfortunately I play horde exclusively.
    All Arathi armor for both sides looks good imo. Most Darkshore armor is good too. I generally think they did a good job with armor, but there just wasn't enough to go around.

- - - Updated - - -

Sylvanas a mid expansion raid boss should shut a lot of people up. They really should've confirmed that at Blizzcon.
    I still dont think she dies tbh. Maybe she stays in the Maw or something, but they will bring her back eventually for good or bad. I still think shes been corrupted/manipulated ever since she killed herself on the saronite spikes. I think the Jailer probably got to her then somehow?? Either way she might not have been a good guy, but she wasn't evil until Cata.

The reason we haven't had a sudden world revamp and are instead getting a very long gradual revamp is because they decided to never make the same mistake they made in Cata.

As we're STILL mostly just waiting on a dragons revamp it's probably 10.0/Dragon Isles, to tie into the Cata theme.
    and thats why i think shadowlands will be the "new wod" like, they will not do much, not inovate, do things as usual, and focus on better models intead of things like new races or new class, to do something "big" in the 10.0 cause its a "full number"

but, i do have some bad feelings about then just throwing Dragon isles and dragons into 9.3 for reasons

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Yes basically but that is not another WoD.

Another wod would be achieved with a garrison system as it eliminates the need to do other content and the game becomes a login simulator.
    But the only content that garrisons invalidated is the same content people are complaining about right now: dailies, WQs, the grind to prepare your character for the stuff you actually want to do. And with M+ in the mix there's even more "stuff I actually want to do" than ever. Unless you consider farming herbs/ore content (genuine comment, I can't think of any comment I've seen where people seem to genuinely enjoy this)

fwiw I'm not just playing devil's advocate or trolling here, I think that WoD with a somewhat less self-sufficient garrison (maybe Legion order hall levels) and M+ would've been a much more popular expansion.
    Last edited by TomatoBisque; 2020-02-23 at 05:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    All Arathi armor for both sides looks good imo. Most Darkshore armor is good too. I generally think they did a good job with armor, but there just wasn't enough to go around.
    i didn't like much darkshore mail but overall those were the best sets we got in some time imo, the prolems lies how "leather" just don't work for all leather or "mail" don't work for all mail users, by example i find ridiculous on a shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    My assumption is that they only added Mechagon, to have another Megadungeon, otherwise we had so much other instanced content like Warfronts, IE and those Visions, so that I kinda believed they dont saw the need in additional dungeons despite those would have been great. But for SL I am optimistic with more dungeons, since its very likely they fill the map with 1-2 other realms, which could bring own dungeons with them.
    Im hoping they add a mega dungeon, a dungeon in 9.2, and 2 dungeons in 9.3.

There is zero chance we ever get an expac as bad as WoD, and WoD was amazing the first week or so anyways. Even if we just get mythic+, pvp, world quests, and raids thats still a lot better than WoD.
    I am aware.

What i was trying to get to was the fact that just because there is no "AP Grind" doesnt mean we will get another WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Well, other than the new War Campaign, but that's going to be either mirrored quests or even lazier than BFA's, given it's being split four ways instead of two this time.
    I really think Covenants are nothing more than reputation dailies you got back in the day. I imagine it as follows: every zone has its own questline that is based on the Covenant there and everybody can play that. On top of that, if you choose a Covenant, you'll get a small amount of additional quests. This way everybody can experience basically every Covenant. Yet it will all be the same boring stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Where was the content in TBC, Wrath or Mists that Shadowlands is lacking?
    Raids in TBC and WotLK were way more worthwile than any raid after LFR was introduced. That was a good junk of (great) content.

- - - Updated - - -

If you ask a ton of people, BfA took WoD's throne. Funny part is, BfA has a lot more content but most of it plain sucks. WoD had way less content but overall it was more enjoyable.

Right after 8.3 was released I read a ton of opinions on YouTube, forums etc. that BfA is indeed worse than WoD after its lifetime. Which, in my opinion, is true. But I already had that feeling right after BfA launched.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I really think Covenants are nothing more than reputation dailies you got back in the day. I imagine it as follows: every zone has its own questline that is based on the Covenant there and everybody can play that. On top of that, if you choose a Covenant, you'll get a small amount of additional quests. This way everybody can experience basically every Covenant. Yet it will all be the same boring stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Raids in TBC and WotLK were way more worthwile than any raid after LFR was introduced. That was a good junk of (great) content.

- - - Updated - - -

If you ask a ton of people, BfA took WoD's throne. Funny part is, BfA has a lot more content but most of it plain sucks. WoD had way less content but overall it was more enjoyable.

Right after 8.3 was released I read a ton of opinions on YouTube, forums etc. that BfA is indeed worse than WoD after its lifetime. Which, in my opinion, is true. But I already had that feeling right after BfA launched.
    Wod had better dungeons and raids. Apexis dailys are not better than standard world quests. I dont care what anyone says. WoD is an embarrassment. BFA is meh, but WoD was WTF.

Wod had better dungeons and raids. Apexis dailys are not better than standard world quests. I dont care what anyone says. WoD is an embarrassment. BFA is meh, but WoD was WTF.
    WoD also had much better class design and gearing system.. so WoD > BfA

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post

I think robes have potential for being something more.

- - - Updated - - -

We are also bound to get big spoilers via models. Say we get a brand new amazing model for someone like C'thun or Anub'arak its pretty exciting. Its the afterlife. We could technically meet almost anyone. I actually hope Anub'arak is in the undead zone. It would be sweet seeing him again. There is only 1 person I hope we don't see. Arthas. If we do see him, I don't want a redemption story either. A villain that I would like to get a semi redemption story is Deathwing. Or rather Neltharion. I also dont want anyone to come back to life. I do hope Anduin gets to have a conversation with Varian, but rather a proud father moment with some closure.

I also hope we see Guldan in the Maw. I wanna see him suffer like the worm he is.
    For Arthas, I don't want him to get a redemption arc or anything like that. Just a small confrontation with his son.

Anub'arak could redeem himself as our ally against Kel'thuzad, as our lich is speculated to cause some problems in Maldraxxus.

Neltharion would be great siege engine to attack Jailor at the end of expansion.

Gul'dan must meet second Gul'dan as they both died in the same reality.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post

I think robes have potential for being something more.

- - - Updated - - -

For Arthas, I don't want him to get a redemption arc or anything like that. Just a small confrontation with his son.

Anub'arak could redeem himself as our ally against Kel'thuzad, as our lich is speculated to cause some problems in Maldraxxus.

Neltharion would be great siege engine to attack Jailor at the end of expansion.

Gul'dan must meet second Gul'dan as they both died in the same reality.
    arthas son, u mean like anduin?

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    Yeah, fun classes with nothing to do. WoD class design was also much worse than MoP and prior so dont act like it was the pinnacle of gameplay. I 100% guarantee you in 2 expansions people will remember BFA more fondly than WoD. The only reason it loses polls now is because its fresh in everyone's mind and WoD isn't.

Yeah, fun classes with nothing to do. WoD class design was also much worse than MoP and prior so dont act like it was the pinnacle of gameplay. I 100% guarantee you in 2 expansions people will remember BFA more fondly than WoD. The only reason it loses polls now is because its fresh in everyone's mind and WoD isn't.
    yeah it was much worse than wrath/cata/mop, but it was still better than anything after it.. and it made everything there was like dungeons/raids/pvp much more fun

again, i quit in early WoD and only played both Legion and BFA for maybe 2 months, but WoD still was more fun simply because classes weren't completely and utterly destroyed yet
    Last edited by Craaazyyy; 2020-02-23 at 09:12 AM.

Let's hope Shadowlands fixes these issues but with what we know by now - it won't. It will most likely double down on it which might be a mistake so irredeemable that it really threatens the future of WoW.
    Vote #Jaina!
    #ImwithHer2020

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Let's hope Shadowlands fixes these issues but with what we know by now - it won't. It will most likely double down on it which might be a mistake so irredeemable that it really threatens the future of WoW.
    well we can only hope, but realistically they will not going to fix shit.. they almost never admit to their mistakes. Sure they've been saying that they made some mistakes with pruning too much and with other shit, but that doesn't mean anything, it could be just words.. let's wait for proper beta, but then again i doubt they will make enough changes to fix the problem, giving back a couple of abilities will not fix anything. It might make it a tad better, but the game needs much more, classes need much more stuff to them, because every class lost so much since cata/mop

well we can only hope, but realistically they will not going to fix shit.. they almost never admit to their mistakes. Sure they've been saying that they made some mistakes with pruning too much and with other shit, but that doesn't mean anything, it could be just words.. let's wait for proper beta, but then again i doubt they will make enough changes to fix the problem, giving back a couple of abilities will not fix anything. It might make it a tad better, but the game needs much more, classes need much more stuff to them, because every class lost so much since cata/mop
    Oh, they admit most of their mistakes in new expansion blogs and dev coolers...the problem is, they don't fix what they broke, they even make it worse.
    I don't expect all my concerns being adressed, but perhaps they get at least a better gameplay than we have now. God, I wait for the expac where I don't have to wait one and a half year before my class finally gets palyable, because before that haste and all isn't high enough for proper gameplay.

The funny thing is, they started admitting their mistakes but they didn't care about fixing them. Saying how unsatisfying X is while keeping it as it is doesn't help at all, it just shows incompetence.
    Vote #Jaina!
    #ImwithHer2020