1. #35481
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I saw plenty of hype with Thorgast, new char customization, general system improvement etc. But if you don't want to see something, you wont.
    I think Shadowlands is the least hyped expansion yet. It's more of a de-hype or anti-hype honestly because it lacks almost anything exciting (besides Torghast maybe and if it's Island Expeditions just vertically... ouch).
    Last edited by Nyel; 2020-02-24 at 10:53 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

  2. #35482
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I think Shadowlands is the least hype expansion yet. It's more of a de-hype or anti-hype honestly because it lacks almost anything exciting (besides Torghast maybe and if it's Island Expeditions just vertically... ouch).
    Or Torghast is not islands because it is 1-5 instead of a 3 man scenario. It does not have a timer, which is one of the most criticised features of islands. And it is properly roguelike, unlike Islands which just had enemies in different areas each time.

  3. #35483
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It could very easily be "just those abilities". At least for a few classes. Hunter is one which i think was shown all the abilities it would get. Maybe rogue as well. DH and Monks should be getting something more though.

    We will just have to wait and see.
    well again i doubt that..

    also how did you determine that for certain classes they've shown all that they gonna get?

    anyway, let's just take a look at the abilities that we saw at blizzcon:

    DK: AMZ baseline - very useful, garg baseline - very useful, raise dead baseline - very useful(especially if they gonna give pet sac to everyone baseline as well)

    Druids: cyclone baseline - very useful, ursol vortex baseline - very useful

    Hunters: killshot - pretty fucking useful, Eyes of the Beast - while not insanely useful in many situations there are situations it can be really useful in, hunter's mark(if it's gonna be old style) - pretty useful

    Mages: Frostbolt, Fire Blast and Arcane explosion are baseline for all specs - pretty useful, maybe not in your core pve rotation or in every situation, but its very, very useful nonetheless

    Paladins: Auras - useful, baseline consecration and hammer of wrath - very useful

    Priests: mind blast, flash heal and SW are baseline for all specs - very useful

    Rogues: Poisons are baseline for all specs and shiv is baseline for all specs again - very useful

    Shamans: many more totems made baseline for all specs - pretty useful, i hope for totem management to be back(not hopeful tho), frost shock is baseline for all specs - very useful

    Warlocks: Curse of Tongues, Weakness, Recklessness etc. are all baseline for all specs - very useful, demonic circle is baseline again - very, very useful

    Warriors: Shattering throw - pretty useful, Challenging shour and shield block are also pretty useful

    so pretty much every ability that we saw is useful in some situations with most of them being very very useful in every part of the game pretty much

  4. #35484
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    It's about bringing back RPG elements. Not everything needs to serve a definitive "purpose".
    Having back useless skills doesn't rewind unpruning. They didn't prune only useless stuff (buffs you barely used, skills that were mostly pointless). They turned basic skills into talents, they removed legendary effects and artifact skills, they removed skills that served a purpose... Earthliving Weapon comes to my mind. That was a great weapon enchantment for Restoration Shamans and there was ZERO reason to remove it. I don't need useless totems back just for the nostalgia, I want things back that made sense and improved my gameplay.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

  5. #35485
    Herald of the Titans ercarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Icecrown
    Posts
    2,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Having back useless skills doesn't rewind unpruning. They didn't prune only useless stuff (buffs you barely used, skills that were mostly pointless). They turned basic skills into talents, they removed legendary effects and artifact skills, they removed skills that served a purpose... Earthliving Weapon comes to my mind. That was a great weapon enchantment for Restoration Shamans and there was ZERO reason to remove it. I don't need useless totems back just for the nostalgia, I want things back that made sense and improved my gameplay.
    Earthliving Weapon isn't the strongest example you could've provided. It's essentially a totem disguised as a weapon enchant, except this one lasts 60 minutes so it does nothing to alter your rotation. It's just a box that you tick once every hour and forget about.

  6. #35486
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Earthliving Weapon isn't the strongest example you could've provided. It's essentially a totem disguised as a weapon enchant, except this one lasts 60 minutes so it does nothing to alter your rotation. It's just a box that you tick once every hour and forget about.
    My example makes sense in that cast that weapon enchantments are (or were) a core part of the Shaman class. They are still important for Enhancement Shamans and removing Earthliving Weapon never made sense. It fit the class fantasy and the removal was pointless while keeping the other weapon enchantments. It's just one of those examples were Blizzard just saw a skill and removed it without even thinking it thru. You can say the same about the shields. Every spec had a shield that made sense but they removed Water Shield yet kept Lightning Shield... which had a point for Elemental as well but after WoD they got rid of that too and now it's a pretty useless talent for Enhancement. And then there is Earth Shield as well... and you know the worst part of it is they once again turned a basic skill into a talent. This is the biggest shame.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

  7. #35487
    Fluffy Parrot Marlamin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,826
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjl View Post
    https://www.twitch.tv/towelliee/clip...oshawkBatChest

    if it's fake somebody invested a lot of time into faking bnet client
    This is what it looks like if you try and force install the Alpha in Battle.net, so it's correct/real in that sense. Though if said person had an actual Alpha license on their account the Battle.net app would likely already know the key and not ask for it.

  8. #35488
    I am of 2 minds about the unpruning. Going back to classic, you can well see what a random shit storm most of the class skills are. I mean, I love mana burn, but having such a niche skill made a bar add on almost necessary so you can have the 6 other mildly usefully skills ready to go.

    On the other hand, this is a great chance to undo the talent squashing and fold some of the most useful pvp talents away from war mode. Give me a baseline sw: d again. Turn void shield into talent.

  9. #35489
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    My example makes sense in that cast that weapon enchantments are (or were) a core part of the Shaman class. They are still important for Enhancement Shamans and removing Earthliving Weapon never made sense. It fit the class fantasy and the removal was pointless while keeping the other weapon enchantments. It's just one of those examples were Blizzard just saw a skill and removed it without even thinking it thru. You can say the same about the shields. Every spec had a shield that made sense but they removed Water Shield yet kept Lightning Shield... which had a point for Elemental as well but after WoD they got rid of that too and now it's a pretty useless talent for Enhancement. And then there is Earth Shield as well... and you know the worst part of it is they once again turned a basic skill into a talent. This is the biggest shame.
    all this shit really makes you think that Blizzard have 0 idea about what the fuck they're doing

  10. #35490
    How I understood Anima based on the Blizzcon interviews is that it'll just be a currency which will have a weekly cap for how much you can spend to character power and anything excess you earn beyond that, you can dump into getting cosmetics and the like.

  11. #35491
    Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    How I understood Anima based on the Blizzcon interviews is that it'll just be a currency which will have a weekly cap for how much you can spend to character power and anything excess you earn beyond that, you can dump into getting cosmetics and the like.
    That's pretty much verbatim what they said at BlizzCon, yes.

  12. #35492
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    all this shit really makes you think that Blizzard have 0 idea about what the fuck they're doing
    This just shows me that there are different devs for each spec and they don't communicate with each other... at all. I mean there is no other explanation for stuff like this (besides sheer ignorance or incompetence).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

  13. #35493
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    This just shows me that there are different devs for each spec and they don't communicate with each other... at all. I mean there is no other explanation for stuff like this (besides sheer ignorance or incompetence).
    nah it would be much worse if they weren't even communicating at all

    i dunno, class design fell of a cliff after mop and it's obvious why, but it was on purpose.. they wanted to prune classes, but they clearly don't even know why it was a good idea in their mind and they definitely didn't know what was good to prune(in my opinion almost nothing they pruned was actually find to prune), they had no idea what they were gonna do after they pruned the classes.. So it's a huge mess

  14. #35494
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    well again i doubt that..

    also how did you determine that for certain classes they've shown all that they gonna get?

    anyway, let's just take a look at the abilities that we saw at blizzcon:

    DK: AMZ baseline - very useful, garg baseline - very useful, raise dead baseline - very useful(especially if they gonna give pet sac to everyone baseline as well)

    Druids: cyclone baseline - very useful, ursol vortex baseline - very useful

    Hunters: killshot - pretty fucking useful, Eyes of the Beast - while not insanely useful in many situations there are situations it can be really useful in, hunter's mark(if it's gonna be old style) - pretty useful

    Mages: Frostbolt, Fire Blast and Arcane explosion are baseline for all specs - pretty useful, maybe not in your core pve rotation or in every situation, but its very, very useful nonetheless

    Paladins: Auras - useful, baseline consecration and hammer of wrath - very useful

    Priests: mind blast, flash heal and SW are baseline for all specs - very useful

    Rogues: Poisons are baseline for all specs and shiv is baseline for all specs again - very useful

    Shamans: many more totems made baseline for all specs - pretty useful, i hope for totem management to be back(not hopeful tho), frost shock is baseline for all specs - very useful

    Warlocks: Curse of Tongues, Weakness, Recklessness etc. are all baseline for all specs - very useful, demonic circle is baseline again - very, very useful

    Warriors: Shattering throw - pretty useful, Challenging shour and shield block are also pretty useful

    so pretty much every ability that we saw is useful in some situations with most of them being very very useful in every part of the game pretty much
    Just a quick note: under Hunter, Eyes of the Beast will never be useful unless they make pets so resilient they could pull mobs far enough away in m+ or raids to allow mob skips. Otherwise, it’s just an RP ability. Also, Hunter’s Mark makes me want to quit the class. That’s all I want, a waste of a GCD to Mark new priority targets on every fight. If it became an automatic application when using any ability that would be somewhat better, or if it is not on the GCD, but other than that, fuck right off with GCD usage. Only “very useful” in PvP to keep people from stealthing.
    Mages: only useful for when school locked. I get the want of players to have a little more RP with mages, but my god this basically makes them way too strong in PvP if no nerfs to compensate. So yes, while useful, it’s dumb.
    Warlocks: no real complaints. Their curses were always unique and interesting.

    Most of the “very useful” abilities you mention are great for PvP and have little impact on PvE. I won’t argue whether they are useful or not as most are, but the Hunter ones are just dumb. For Hunter, I’d much rather prefer keep Killshot, remove the other 2, and instead give back Aspect of the Pack (maybe without the daze and instead anyone gets hit it gets placed on CD so people can’t troll raid groups), and either Viper Shot (great for PvP and niche encounters like Maut where you burn down mana) or a new iteration of Aspect of the Fox that might not be as powerful.

  15. #35495
    And so it begins...

    Dawn of the final week.
    ??? hours remain.

  16. #35496
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Just a quick note: under Hunter, Eyes of the Beast will never be useful unless they make pets so resilient they could pull mobs far enough away in m+ or raids to allow mob skips. Otherwise, it’s just an RP ability. Also, Hunter’s Mark makes me want to quit the class. That’s all I want, a waste of a GCD to Mark new priority targets on every fight. If it became an automatic application when using any ability that would be somewhat better, or if it is not on the GCD, but other than that, fuck right off with GCD usage. Only “very useful” in PvP to keep people from stealthing.
    Mages: only useful for when school locked. I get the want of players to have a little more RP with mages, but my god this basically makes them way too strong in PvP if no nerfs to compensate. So yes, while useful, it’s dumb.
    Warlocks: no real complaints. Their curses were always unique and interesting.

    Most of the “very useful” abilities you mention are great for PvP and have little impact on PvE. I won’t argue whether they are useful or not as most are, but the Hunter ones are just dumb. For Hunter, I’d much rather prefer keep Killshot, remove the other 2, and instead give back Aspect of the Pack (maybe without the daze and instead anyone gets hit it gets placed on CD so people can’t troll raid groups), and either Viper Shot (great for PvP and niche encounters like Maut where you burn down mana) or a new iteration of Aspect of the Fox that might not be as powerful.
    well obviously they will compensate in other ways after adding back abilities.. mages had those forever and it wasn't making them op on its own

  17. #35497
    beta will be in August-September, maybe later

  18. #35498
    Herald of the Titans ercarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Icecrown
    Posts
    2,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    beta will be in August-September, maybe later
    That's highly unlikely. It will be much earlier than that unless they change the release date for 2021.

  19. #35499
    Guys I just spoke with Ion at the break room. He said beta is tomorrow.

  20. #35500
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the same urn as Vol'Jin
    Posts
    3,500
    Some great examples of totally non-constructive "criticism" which is actually pure cynicism above. There's literally nothing Blizzard could do which would make committed cynics that extreme remotely happy. When you're dismissing anyone who disagrees as a "bot" (denying their basic humanity and capacity for reason), you're way outside the bounds of criticism and into mere ranting. Equally claims like "only incompetence or no communication could lead to this" aren't criticism and aren't constructive. That's just insulting the devs personally. That's fine if that's how one wants to roll, but don't pretend it's criticism or has value beyond making the person who says it feel good emotionally.

    It's sad because there is plenty of potential for legitimate questioning and criticism of Blizzard's decisions and approaches, but people so often prefer knee-jerk cynicism or insults and complaining over that.

    I've been guilty of it myself. With Cataclysm my overwhelming impression was that the devs were high on cocaine and ego when they made that expansion, and I've said so. But that's not criticism. That's just an insulting complaint/claim.

    Whereas pointing out the actual issues like the heavy deprotagonization of the PC, poor quest flow, tedious quests, poorly judged "humour" and so on in say Uldum is actually criticism and potentially has some kind of value.

    But if I bring up Cataclysm to suggest SL will suck, that makes little sense. Likewise bringing up design changes from a decade ago to suggest the un-pruning will suck makes little sense and is more in the region of cynicism than criticism.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •